Travis

Re: Targets for 2011
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 10:10 PM Quote
Not to turn this into a chocolate thread, but after making my own chocolate syrup, I don't really care for Hershey's much either. There is a difference. Even the kids can tell. Maybe it's the artificial crap in Hershey's syrup. Believe it or not, the reason I started making my own was for health reasons! I drink so much chocolate milk, I figured all that artificial stuff had to be bad.

There is WAY more artificial/chemical ingredients allowed in food in the US than there is in other countries. Everything is neon colored and filled with other weird stuff.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 7:30 AM Quote
I've realised that sadly I can't think of 5 goals for this year - it's pathetic :-(

EDIT I finally found all 5 :

1) Eat more healthily - get rid of my bad comfort eating when Hubby goes away on business!
2) Exercise more and find time for myself to relax
3) Make more time to spend with my kids - the cleaning, washing etc should take second place!
4) Be less tough on myself. (Thanks Steve, sound advice)
5) Go to a musical festival and camp with my little tent like a teenager.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 9:51 AM Quote
4. Be less tough on yourself ??

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 5:41 PM Quote
I had forgotten that it was "supposed" to be five things, that is just what I ended up with. I agree with Dubz that that should be your number 4. Who cares if you don't have 5 as long as you mean the three you listed.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 5:51 PM Quote
Just made the chocolate syrup. I think it tastes about 14 times better than Hershey's syrup.

Mixed in some chocolate milk I don't taste the difference as much but I bet over time I would.

It's definitely yummy and was ridiculously easy. I am always looking for ways to have our family consume less chemicals so this is cool.

Travis board enriches my life once again!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 6:07 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Just made the chocolate syrup. I think it tastes about 14 times better than Hershey's syrup.

Mixed in some chocolate milk I don't taste the difference as much but I bet over time I would.

It's definitely yummy and was ridiculously easy. I am always looking for ways to have our family consume less chemicals so this is cool.

Travis board enriches my life once again!

If you're a pancake eatin' family, I have a good Bisquick knock-off recipe that you can mix up and store in a Tupperware container and when you want pancakes, you just add milk and eggs.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I love that, "14 times", very specific, most people would have said "10" or "20", but then you are not most people.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 7:01 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I love that, "14 times", very specific, most people would have said "10" or "20", but then you are not most people.

Dubz

ha ha

I'll choose to take that as a compliment

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 7:22 PM Quote
1. Go to bed earlier, get up earlier.
2. Make better use of my time at work and at home. (This one's a bit vague, but I can't keep watching movies and tv all day. I have so much time, you'd think I'd have a really clean and organized office and house!)
3. Exercise to get in shape and/or get toned.
4. Either fix or get rid of the clothes I don't wear.
5. Save up for a real (more than just a weekend) trip with my husband.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 8:04 PM Quote
1. Get a job (and keep it)
2. Learn Farsi properly
3. Be more confident (!!) and stop overanalysing meaningless stuff.
4. Find ONE sport that I like (I have been lazy for 8 whole years now. and back in highschool, I hated PE.)
5. read the newspaper more regularly

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 05 Jan, 2011 5:52 AM Quote
1. Run a 10k race and work up to possibly a half marathon
2. Get rid of some things in my life that I don't need anymore
3. Visit two of my sisters that live in other states
4. Go to Yosemite National Park
5. Try to do something new every day

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 05 Jan, 2011 4:42 PM Quote
You know, when you want a nice, tall glass of chocolate milk, water is decidedly unsatisfying. :o(

Monday I had one, yesterday none.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Thu 06 Jan, 2011 4:49 AM Quote
1. get a job (and love it)
2. go to australia
3. join a missions trip
4. get involved in a church
5. fall in love (with a real person: non-anime/ non-celebrity)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 3:06 PM Quote
Since giving up the sauce (chocolate sauce, that is) and switching to water, I've lost 4 pounds. As badly as I want some chocolate milk, that's enough incentive to stay away.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 Jan, 2011 3:53 PM Quote
Good for you Kayte! Not to make you crave it more but I had a question about the syrup. Do you refrigerate it? Mine is in there but I didn't know if it's necessary. And it's a lot thicker now.

I'm doing well on the taking better care of myself thing. I have been eating healthy and exercising for four whole days. Get out the ticker tape now!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:13 AM