Travis

I am a new fan
Flanagan5
Flanagan5 Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 8:26 AM Quote
Hello,
My name is Sean and I am currently deployed with the United States Navy. I have always had a very open opinion of music ever since I was younger (Just how my childhood taught me). About 9 months ago I went to a bar with several of my friends and one of them asked me to drive him home, drunk, anyway I was sober and when I was driving he had a mix CD in th console and one of your songs came on, 'Side'. I absolutley lost my mind at how good it was. After droping him off I took the CD and did some research and ever since then I have loved your music. I can honestly say that 'Invisible Band', 'The Man Who' and 'Boy With No Name' are some of the best albums I have ever heard, especially 'Invisible Band'. Your music has inspired me and taken my mind off of the daunting task of my enlistment to the Armed Forces. I cannot wait for the oppurtunity to see a show of yours live in person. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for what you do and the music that you have created.

Re: I am a new fan
Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 12:29 PM Quote
What a lovely newbie post! Hi there, welcome to Travisland! You are clearly a person of great taste :)
I cannot begin to imagine the stresses and strains of your work, but it's good to know that you're able to kick back and enjoy the sounds of Travis in your free time. What other music do you listen to?
Don't be a stranger, post again soon!!!!

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 1:46 PM Quote
Hi Sean! Isn't it crazy when you "discover" a "new" band and then find that they have a big back catalog to dive into? The only thing I can say is...if you think you're a big fan of their recorded music...oh my! Prepare to be blown away when you do see them live. : )

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 3:30 PM Quote
Hi there and welcome to the board. It's always nice to see new fans arriving even at a quiet time like this. Enjoy the music :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 8:51 PM Quote
What a lovely post! I am happy to hear Travis is still being discovered. And I totally agree, if you love their recorded stuff, your head and heart will explode when you see them live.

Thanks for your service. I know another boardie who is married to someone in the Navy. They are in Hawaii right now, poor things.

Pechan
Pechan Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 9:37 PM Quote
Yeah, that happens. Their music has changed my life too, and I'm eternally greatful for that :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 10:03 PM Quote
Welcome Sean! Lovely post:)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 10:49 PM Quote
hey sean, a great first post indeed :)

Flanagan5
Flanagan5 Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 6:46 AM Quote
Thank you all very much. I cannot wait to see them live and I think my iPod will be too so I can stop playing Travis all the time LOL. I have ordered almost all their CD's and I am currently awaiting the live CD 'A Chronological Acoustical Journey'. Needless to say I am wicked excited. I also got Fran's solo CD and enjoyed quite a bit. They just have such a unique and refreshing sound. This community is really great too everybody on here seems cool and really loves the music, I LOVE IT.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 9:57 AM Quote
i love you already. :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 4:27 PM Quote
Welcome to the board, Sean! It's great to hear you enjoy their music so much :o)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 5:39 PM Quote

Welcome! :o)
Isn't it great when you discover a band and fall in love with their music? :o)

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 1:54 PM Quote
Hmmmm...your name appears to be Sean Flanagan...you are "wicked excited"...are you from Boston by chance? ; )

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 2:38 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
Hmmmm...your name appears to be Sean Flanagan...you are "wicked excited"...are you from Boston by chance? ; )

Yeah I noticed that too. He might as well just leave a calling card. : )

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 6:08 PM Quote
ya, your face is going to get rocked off.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:26 PM