Travis

FUCKING CHRISTMAS
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 12:56 PM Quote
RTE two today are showing their usual two matinees, unfortunately both of them are christmas related..

Ernest Saves Christmas & The Secret of the Nutcracker.

IT IS FUCKING NOVEMBER !!!

please can you fuck off with this sh!t until at least the fortnight before Chrstmas, it's fucking bullshit an does nothing except wind fuckng kids up and add to the stress of parents before Christmas, not too mention doing my fucking head in.

Dubz

Re: FUCKING CHRISTMAS
MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 2:23 PM Quote
in norway they started selling christmas sweets before halloween... it is mental!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 2:33 PM Quote
Don't mean to hijack your complaint thread (and starting Christmas too early is a legitimate complaint [and showing Ernest saves Christmas at ANYTIME of the year is reason to complain]) but I have a question about wearing crowns at Christmas.

I remember in Harry Potter, after Mr. Weasley had been attacked at the Ministry, and he was home for Christmas, he was wearing a paper crown. I thought maybe they had just made it for him as a celebration that he was home. But then last night, I was watching Billy Elliot, and there is a scene at Christmas, and they were wearing paper crowns. Is this a tradition I don't know about?

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 3:24 PM Quote
The paper crowns probably come out of the traditional Christmas cracker (pulled at the dinner table) Inside you get a crown, a joke (normally quite a bad one) a small plastic gift and the cracker has a snap pull to it so you get a little "pop" when it's pulled.

Christmas crackers

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 3:32 PM Quote
damn it I'm trying to get a picture up on here of our Christmas table a few years ago with crackers on it and inspite of following your advice kayte, I still can't get it to work. Bah humbug !!!

BTW I'm writing my Christmas cards :-P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 3:41 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
The paper crowns probably come out of the traditional Christmas cracker (pulled at the dinner table) Inside you get a crown, a joke (normally quite a bad one) a small plastic gift and the cracker has a snap pull to it so you get a little "pop" when it's pulled.

Christmas crackers

Ah, that would explain it. No Christmas crackers here!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 7:47 PM Quote
I see Christmas crackers in every store, but know no one here that has them for a christmas. I said that to a friend last weekend, and she said "what are you talking about? My family has them every year."
Maybe I will buy them for Christmas Eve this year.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 3:02 PM Quote
I love crackers! You can get them here but they're not everywhere.

Dubz, I'm with you. It's getting to where the stores put their stuff out at Halloween. My kids this weekend were asking why everyone has Christmas stuff up when it's Thanksgiving.

We usually don't put stuff up until a mid December, partly because we get a real tree so we really can't. I just couldn't stand having my house decorated for more than a few weeks.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 4:06 PM Quote
i dunno, it's only September and I'd start getting psyched for Christmas. yeah, maybe it's people like me that make all the media and stores bite into an untimely Christmas galore. Sorry..

They misunderstand us though. we could wait at least until after halloween.

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 8:44 AM