Travis

Re: Things I have realized
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:09 PM Quote
I'm not sure I could eat haggis even if Ewan McGregor was feeding it to me.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:21 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

What's haggis?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:39 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

What's haggis?

It's a type of sausage. As is usual with sausage, the less you know, the better. Sheep lungs, heart, and liver, mixed with onion and spices, I think???

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:50 PM Quote
I thought Haggis was a seasonal thing ??

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 6:09 PM Quote
From Wiki:
Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

It's the simmering in the stomach part that gets me. Maybe if Ewan could swear to me that it did not simmer in a stomach I could be down with it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 6:37 PM Quote
it's good! Blood pudding on the other hand is grrrroooosssss.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 6:44 PM Quote
I'm down with blood pudding.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 6:59 PM Quote
This year we will experience 4 unusual dates...

1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11...

Now take the last 2 digits of the year you were born plus the age you will be this year and it will equal to 111.

Dubz

eta: It's not "spooky" it's just fucking Arithmetic

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 7:00 PM Quote
I am so sick of winter and it isn't even February yet. There is always a February blizzard. Why would my ancestors leave the temperate climates they came from to live here? WHYYYYYYY???

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 7:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I am so sick of winter and it isn't even February yet. There is always a February blizzard. Why would my ancestors leave the temperate climates they came from to live here? WHYYYYYYY???

My Dad asked me exactly the same thing about two weeks ago, "Why the fuck did our ancestors ever leave Africa in the first place ?"

Dubz

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 8:11 PM Quote
Great info (I did not know that)! The thought of haggis grosses me out but if Robert Burns wrote a poem dedicated to his love for it how bad can it be?!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 8:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

i was willing to give it a go, even knowing what it is, but no. No no no. It tastes awful.

Yup, Im down with the "why did they leave ______" for the cold argument!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 8:47 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
From Wiki:
Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

It's the simmering in the stomach part that gets me. Maybe if Ewan could swear to me that it did not simmer in a stomach I could be down with it.

Ah, thanks. It doesn't sound tempting. I agree the worst part is the simmering in the stomach.

Blood pudding (morcilla) tastes good. It's gross when you think of what it is, but it's good. :oP

Turtleneck wrote:

My ancestors came from Torino (North East Italy). I don't know what the weather's like there (*), but I'm sure it's better than 34ºC (93ºF) and an apparent temperature of 39ºC (102ºF). Thank you science for air conditioning!

(*) I just checked. The weather in Torino is wonderful!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 8:55 PM Quote
It's usually cooked in a synethetic skin these days, much like a sausage.

Dubz

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 9:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

i was willing to give it a go, even knowing what it is, but no. No no no. It tastes awful.

Yup, Im down with the "why did they leave ______" for the cold argument!

lol at least you tried it! I do not think I could... It just seems like the only flavor you could taste would be the blood...

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:19 PM