Travis

Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Dec, 2010 8:22 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Weird things I have realized about myself:

1. If not forced out for a specific reason, I would probably only voluntarily go outside once every two weeks or so.

2. I am so accustomed to being late that it is difficult for me to determine what time to leave to arrive someplace else on time or even early.

3. I have one white eyelash. If it comes out, it grows back in white.

4. I suck at charitable giving or volunteering for things. It rarely occurs to me to do it. I realize someone has to do it, but I never think of that person as being me.

5. I can remove nearly any laundry stain.

6. I dislike most food. I am thinking about ordering one of those "super taster" tests just to see if I have freakishly overactive (or freakishly underactive) taste buds.

If I didn't have to eat I wouldn't. yeah some foods taste nice and others not so nice but I really don't care that much. If I could get all my nutrients from a pill that's what I would do.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 10 Dec, 2010 8:49 PM Quote
I love food. Eating is so much fun. I can look at a menu for hours and daydream about it's deliciousness.

I might have a problem.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 11 Dec, 2010 5:20 AM Quote
I hope to someday see Kayte's white eyelash.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 11 Dec, 2010 8:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

White Eyelash is going to be the name of my new all-girl rock band.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 11 Dec, 2010 11:40 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

White Eyelash is going to be the name of my new all-girl rock band.

very new wave

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 13 Dec, 2010 11:17 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I love food.

Same here :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 1:32 AM Quote
I love cats so much.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 2:53 AM Quote
I injure myself way too much. Not on purpose either.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 3:26 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

I hear that. Yesterday I hurt my hand trying to open my frozen shut car door. We are special.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 5:28 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I love cats so much.

Cats rulZ

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 6:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hennypenny wrote:

I hear that. Yesterday I hurt my hand trying to open my frozen shut car door. We are special.

I could join the club, I'm an expert in getting bruises without always knowing what causes them.
I tried to stop a lift door from closing last summer, result: a massive bruise and some nerve damage. The arm still hurts from time to time, but to begin with it was virtually useless. And yes, it was my right arm, and that's my writing/mouse/chopping/all purpose hand.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 15 Dec, 2010 1:53 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hennypenny wrote:

A giant thick plastic bowl jumped at my wrist the other day.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 23 Dec, 2010 2:06 PM Quote
Every year I'm waiting for Christmas, I'm excited about buying presents, I sing along to Christmas tunes, weep while watching 'Love Actually' and decorate like crazy. And then, the day before the Christmas Eve, I realize that, in fact, I actually hate Christmas. It happens every single year.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 23 Dec, 2010 2:19 PM Quote

Don't worry about it, I've always hated Christmas. For some reason I really just want it to be over already this year.

I usually look forward to Hogmanay and Ne'erday, however this year I am not, I'm actually quite apprehensive about this New Year's festivities.

As far as I am concerned it just another couple of days, I have a couple of invites to Christmas dinner from people some nice (some not so nice) but I usually spend Christmas on my own. People don't understand I actually enjoy having the day to myself, I tend to buy a nice bottle of whisky and make a nice bit of dinner for myself and just chill out all day. People just don't get this. I'm going to have to turn people down without hurting their feelings as I really do appreciate it, It's a huge thing for these people to do.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 23 Dec, 2010 2:30 PM Quote
I realized last night that I generally live my life like I have all the time in the world, interspersed with moments of panic when I feel like time is running out.

My mother dislikes Christmas. She's very Charlie Brown about it. I used to think maybe it was because we didn't have much money, but now that she has enough, she still doesn't like it. She just finds it depressing.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:27 AM