Travis

Re: Things I have realized
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:28 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
it's good! Blood pudding on the other hand is grrrroooosssss.

Morcilla and Dinuguan are gooooooooooooood

Re: Things
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:50 PM Quote
I have just realized the fucking off licenses are shut !!!

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:52 PM Quote
This isn't so much a realization as something I learned but Aidan had to do a science fair project. He decided to put roses in 4 vases: one plain water, one with 2 tbs sugar, one with 2 tbs plant food, and one with 2 tbs of vinegar.

The one with just plain water was the clear winner. It outlasted the others by several days. I had guessed sugar water would win.

Also my son is now playing around in Power Point. He is currently doing a presentation on Mario Brothers characters and is even recording sound and adding it to various slides. HE IS SUCH A NERD.

^^ (that's not an insult by the way)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:59 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
This isn't so much a realization as something I learned but Aidan had to do a science fair project. He decided to put roses in 4 vases: one plain water, one with 2 tbs sugar, one with 2 tbs plant food, and one with 2 tbs of vinegar.

The one with just plain water was the clear winner. It outlasted the others by several days. I had guessed sugar water would win.

Also my son is now playing around in Power Point. He is currently doing a presentation on Mario Brothers characters and is even recording sound and adding it to various slides. HE IS SUCH A NERD.

^^ (that's not an insult by the way)

That's the modern generation for you, fair play to him, encourage it as much as possible, these are skills that may come in handy some day.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:02 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

That's the modern generation for you, fair play to him, encourage it as much as possible, these are skills that may come in handy some day.

Dubz

I totally agree. I don't even have to encourage it, he just thinks it's all interesting and fun. But yes, I am happy that he already knows more about Power Point than some adults. It's a good thing to know.

MichaelCATRAVIS
MichaelCATRAVIS Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 4:05 AM Quote
I'm going to fly to the moon...check in outer space...

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 5:22 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
From Wiki:
Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

It's the simmering in the stomach part that gets me. Maybe if Ewan could swear to me that it did not simmer in a stomach I could be down with it.

I almost threw up reading this.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
I've had this Ipad for 3 weeks and I've just realised that everytime I turned it off at night, I was in fact only putting it on stand-by (no wonder the battery never lasted very long!) I have since this morning discovererd the real OFF button.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 4:40 PM Quote
People don't post often enough. Nearly twelve hours MaZn

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 4:56 PM Quote

I realised yesterday that a person who was my friend for four or five years is now an ice cube. I can't believe someone who used to be one of my best friends can be so cold! Just like the Ben Folds Five song, only it's not selfless but selfish: selfish, cold and composed. :o/

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 5:20 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I realised yesterday that a person who was my friend for four or five years is now an ice cube. I can't believe someone who used to be one of my best friends can be so cold! Just like the Ben Folds Five song, only it's not selfless but selfish: selfish, cold and composed. :o/

This is really sh!tty but unfortunately is a part of life.

You gotta move on and be the bigger person (not easy), and if that friend comes back sometime later, welcome them with open arms, explain "they pissed you off" but they are still a friend even though they hurt you. If they repeat the same mistake constantly then....

PUNCH 'EM IN THE FACE !!!

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:00 PM Quote

If sh!t works out I get to see my ol' crew in a piss up in Paisley in a couple of months.

I love every single one of these people, they were hugely important in my life for different reasons, in the past week or two I've realized just how much I miss them.

They are not "salt of the earth" they each have their foibles and their idiosyncracies, but I will never hold that against them they are good people and I miss them, some tried to help me, others let me get on wiv it. Thet are sound people and I do Love them, whether I see em next year or next millenium.

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:13 PM Quote
Thank you very much for the advice, Dubz. I don't think she will come back at all. Apparently she's been feeling this way for a year and a half or so (we became friends in 2004), but she never said anything until now. She talked to me as if I was a stranger, or some person with whom she used to have some professional relationship. She was so distant and indifferent... By the way she treated me, you would have never guessed we used to be friends at all. No sign of caring or ever having cared. As if explaining me why she had pushed me away was some kind of annoying formality she had to deal with. I'm quite surprised someone can be so detached.
I can accept that she doesn't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that, even if we never even had a fight or anything. I guess you're right, it's a part of life. But I'm shocked (and hurt) that she doesn't even feel the slightest affection for me, when we used to be best friends for several years. She's like a robot!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:34 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Thank you very much for the advice, Dubz. I don't think she will come back at all. Apparently she's been feeling this way for a year and a half or so (we became friends in 2004), but she never said anything until now. She talked to me as if I was a stranger, or some person with whom she used to have some professional relationship. She was so distant and indifferent... By the way she treated me, you would have never guessed we used to be friends at all. No sign of caring or ever having cared. As if explaining me why she had pushed me away was some kind of annoying formality she had to deal with. I'm quite surprised someone can be so detached.
I can accept that she doesn't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that, even if we never even had a fight or anything. I guess you're right, it's a part of life. But I'm shocked (and hurt) that she doesn't even feel the slightest affection for me, when we used to be best friends for several years. She's like a robot!

Hey... don't feel bad. Even if you never meet this dude/dudette again, you are who you are because they have influenced you (for better or for worse) people (friends) are important. But at the end of the day... You're a pretty cool dude/ette in my eyes.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:41 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
From Wiki:
Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

It's the simmering in the stomach part that gets me. Maybe if Ewan could swear to me that it did not simmer in a stomach I could be down with it.

I almost threw up reading this.

It's Burn's Nicht in Scotland, This is usual before eating

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye wordy of a grace
As lang's my arm.

The groaning trencher there ye fill,
Your hudies like a distant hill,
Your pin wad help to mend a mill
In time o' need,
While thro' your pores the dews distil
Like amber bead.

His knife see rustic Labour dight,
An' cut ye up wi' ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright,
Like onie ditch;
And then, O what a glorious sight,
Warm-reeking, rich!

Then horn for horn, they stretch an' strive:
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
Till a' their weel-swall'd kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
Then auld Guidman, maist like to rive,
'Bethankit!' hums.

Is there that owre his French ragout,
Or olio that wad staw a sow,
Or fricassee wad mak her spew
Wi perfect scunner,
Looks down wi' sneering, scornfu' view
On sic a dinner?

Poor devil! see him owre his trash,
As fecl;ess as a wither'd rash,
His spindle shank a guid whip-lash,
His nieve a nit;
Tho' bluidy flood or field to dash,
O how unfit.

But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,
Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
He'll make it whistle;
An' legs, an' arms, an' heads will sned
Like taps o' thrissle.

Ye pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o' fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware,
That jaups in luggies;
But if ye wish her gratfu' prayer,
Gie her a Haggis!

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:16 PM