Travis

Glasgow show
Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 1:08 PM Quote
So does anyone have a review of last night's show?
I am really looking forward to the London one this evening and although I do ont want to spoil the surprise it would be nice to know what he played! :)

Re: Glasgow show
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 1:48 PM Quote
Amazing show great crowd aswell apart form a couple of drunk women. I cant remeber the exact order but he played

WTRY
Anything
Dear Diary
Sing
The Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Sing Me To Sleep
Fly in the Ointment
As You Are
As It Comes
In The Morning
Rocking Chair
Flowers In the Window
Buttercups
Turn
WDIAROM

I may have missed one but thats off the top of my head

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 1:48 PM Quote
Amazing show great crowd aswell apart form a couple of drunk women. I cant remeber the exact order but he played

WTRY
Anything
Dear Diary
Sing
The Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Sing Me To Sleep
Fly in the Ointment
As You Are
As It Comes
In The Morning
Rocking Chair
Flowers In the Window
Buttercups
Turn
WDIAROM

I may have missed one but thats off the top of my head

catriona
catriona Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 2:07 PM Quote
Yeah, it was a great show. Fran was on top form, and his chat between songs was very entertaining. Those two drunk women were standing right in front of me and were awful, I was glad when they eventually got thrown out. Everyone around us was getting more and more annoyed and when one guy finally told them to be quiet, they became really abusive.
You can put up with singing along (even if it is out of tune, the wrong words and very loud) but it was the talking between songs and during Fran’s new stuff when everyone else was trying to listen to him.
I was really tempted myself to ask her to be a bit more respectful of the folk around her but I’m not very good at confrontation. Plus I was with my two younger sisters, one of whom is in the Scotland Commonwealth games team. I was scared the girls would go for me and I’d get my sister injured or something!
They didn’t ruin the gig for me though, just a pair of very drunk, very silly women, who in the end missed what was a brilliant gig, so we should probably feel sorry for them!

Catriona
x

momentslast
momentslast Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 2:31 PM Quote
Last night was unbelievable, Fran was on for 2 hours, he gave a very personal performance, he told loads of stories, and was very funny.

Music wise, he played Travis classics with the odd surprise track thrown in, all of which sounded fantastic done solo with an accustic guitar.

Fran played so many tracks, that I can't honestly say how many of the new solo songs he played, but every one did sound brilliant, his "little chicks" as he called them.

It has to be one of the best nights of my life, you won't be dissapointed, it was well worth the 550 mile round trip me, and my cousin and his girlfriend did yesterday.

I'll put up some vids on YouTube as soon as I can.

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 2:32 PM Quote
Thank guys - and sorry you had to deal with a couple of people who always ruin it for everyone - hope we don't have a similar incident tonight!
I assume it was sold out?

20 is one of my favourite songs and I was listening to it only this morning - that's great news.
Seems it's a great mix of old and new songs.

Will post tomorrow! x

catriona
catriona Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 2:39 PM Quote
We counted 7 new songs, stand outs among the 'baby chickens' for me were Rocking Chair and As it Comes, both have beautiful and heartbreaking lyrics.
You are in for a treat! :-)
x

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 3:06 PM Quote
*green with envy*

och but I mustn't be ! so glad to hear it was a fantstic gig and you had a great time, despite the 2 stupid women.

I don't get it, why spend money for the tickets - they could have used it to get even more plastered in the bar upstairs!

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 3:13 PM Quote
There was another drunk women (with a incresingly annoyed and embarrised boyfriend) next to me....she kept sayin sorry to be even tho i haddent registered my annoyance, but the fact she kept sayin sorry during songs was annoyin ......also her new arrangements of some Travis classics started to get on my nerves....i suppose there always people like that but i would have thought people would have had a bit more control at a little accoustic gig.

Anyways Fran rose above it and was amazing, i hope he comes back soon and maybe plays a bit more new stuff and perhaps a few more leftfeild Travis tracks.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 4:05 PM Quote
momentslast wrote:
it was well worth the 550 mile round trip

Just as well!

Now, I wonder who drove, and who slept the whole way home???? ;)

momentslast
momentslast Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 5:10 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
momentslast wrote:

Just as well!

Ian drove the whole way, there and back, I did stay awake tho...got home at 3.05am !!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 6:54 PM Quote
momentslast wrote:
Tonie wrote:
momentslast wrote:

Just as well!

I did stay awake tho..

Course you did, I believe you!

Looking forward to comparing notes.....on the way to Shepherds Bush right now :)

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Fri 17 Sep, 2010 12:05 AM Quote
Brilliant gig! I was sooooo Happy when he bagan with 20 as it was my 20th birthday! Don't want to wait any longer for Wreckorder.

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Fri 17 Sep, 2010 12:05 AM Quote
Brilliant gig! I was sooooo Happy when he bagan with 20 as it was my 20th birthday! Don't want to wait any longer for Wreckorder.

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:06 AM Quote
turner150990 wrote:

I was so pleased too - it's one of my favourite songs. Wasn't the gig just amazing?! I am still smiling :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:03 AM