Travis

Re: as it comes
MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Sun 05 Sep, 2010 8:09 PM Quote
What the hell have i come back to? ha hi all

melissa
melissa Posted Sun 05 Sep, 2010 9:44 PM Quote
lovely song! fran you're the best, the sound is very fresh, and nice, and your voice sounds like moby suddenly, maybe for your low picht... and it's great!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 06 Sep, 2010 12:25 AM Quote
Joanna wrote:

i think there are online tests for celebrity worship syndrome

Haha, you're right. I like that we can share opinions. Be it negative or positive. We're all Travis/Fran Healy fans after all. :) Luke's a cool guy, we all know that here, so i do think Fran was a little harsh. I don't know why some people feel they have to defend the band so much.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 06 Sep, 2010 1:47 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I don't know why some people feel they have to defend the band so much.

The answers in the question , I hope you don't ask :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 06 Sep, 2010 3:21 AM Quote
I love Travis, and Fran Healy is my favourite song writer. Wreckorder is the album I'm looking forward to this year above any other. That's all true. And so I think we have the right to be honest when perhaps we don't like something so much or don't agree with something. Don't you think? :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 06 Sep, 2010 9:52 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I love Travis, and Fran Healy is my favourite song writer. Wreckorder is the album I'm looking forward to this year above any other. That's all true. And so I think we have the right to be honest when perhaps we don't like something so much or don't agree with something. Don't you think? :)

I agree , with everything you just said :)

i'm liking 'as it comes ' more and more . Its subtle , creeps up on you , then
brain wants a repeat !

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 06 Sep, 2010 11:48 PM Quote
Cool.

PGtipsMonkey
PGtipsMonkey Posted Fri 10 Sep, 2010 8:19 PM Quote
it was a mere three years ago when Fran said I believe that everyone has a right to voice their opinion on this very board to a user who had also critiqued the band's marketing strategy. how times change.
he received at least one apology back then from someone who was dragged into the fall-out who, in my view, didn’t need to apologise at all - did they get a response or even an acknowledgement from him? no. did they deserve one? yes, they did. just as Luke deserves a response to his apology and thoughts on Fran’s rather venomous post.
to verbally abuse a respected member of the fan base doesn’t do much for morale. in fact it’s rather telling that after more than 1300 views of the thread there aren’t that many posts supporting Fran. i think people who approve of Fran’s technique of replying to negative posts rely too much on the ‘he's only human’ angle. we’re all ‘only human’ but some of us might take a step back and think how best to respond to criticism - some may think it’s not worth it (it’s only one person’s opinion anyway), some may try to educate, and some may be frank - but i hope only a minority would react in anger.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sat 11 Sep, 2010 5:39 PM Quote
hey, you're new! haha. new-member,old-reader i suppose? this issue must have been so compelling that it finally made you sign up. or are you an old-member who signed up with a new username for anonymity? ahhh, haha, nah.. if it's anything, i agree with you, though. ;)

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 8:04 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

wasn't it that case with this one british magazine..NME or something like that...supporting only some selected bands and dissing all others?

I know Pitchfork does that. Their ratings can make or break a band. They sometimes award 0/10 ratings on their album reviews but it's more a publicity stunt than an actual objective review of the music. It used to be the go-to resource for good music but these days I find Q and Spin to give far better reviews.

I was at a Gaslight Anthem show a few days ago and Brian Fallon said Mojo Magazine never writes anything about the band despite how successful they've become, stemming from a seemingly personal vendetta by the editor.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 14 Sep, 2010 3:54 PM Quote
Yeah, I've had my own telling off from Mr.Healy when I made a comment about one of the songs off Ode...

I laughed when I seen this one though. Must be his songwriter's time of the month. Who knows?

Seriously, Fran (in my opinon) could do with a bit of a reality check. A few bad words and out goes the rattle. Lol

elmfai
elmfai Posted Mon 20 Sep, 2010 3:07 PM Quote
PGtipsMonkey wrote:
it was a mere three years ago when Fran said I believe that everyone has a right to voice their opinion on this very board to a user who had also critiqued the band's marketing strategy. how times change.
he received at least one apology back then from someone who was dragged into the fall-out who, in my view, didn’t need to apologise at all - did they get a response or even an acknowledgement from him? no. did they deserve one? yes, they did. just as Luke deserves a response to his apology and thoughts on Fran’s rather venomous post.
to verbally abuse a respected member of the fan base doesn’t do much for morale. in fact it’s rather telling that after more than 1300 views of the thread there aren’t that many posts supporting Fran. i think people who approve of Fran’s technique of replying to negative posts rely too much on the ‘he's only human’ angle. we’re all ‘only human’ but some of us might take a step back and think how best to respond to criticism - some may think it’s not worth it (it’s only one person’s opinion anyway), some may try to educate, and some may be frank - but i hope only a minority would react in anger.

the best response...
+
what Joanna said:"i think there are online tests for celebrity worship syndrome"

I never understand why some people act like this...?!
and I never imagine that Fran can get angry like this!
It must've been bothered him so much...!
but what I've learned from online struggles(!)are be yourself,be polite and respect other's opinion to avoid a situation like this!!!
oh,I forget s.t.h,Fran's sitation is a bit diffrent.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:33 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Yeah, I've had my own telling off from Mr.Healy when I made a comment about one of the songs off Ode...

I laughed when I seen this one though. Must be his songwriter's time of the month. Who knows?

Seriously, Fran (in my opinon) could do with a bit of a reality check. A few bad words and out goes the rattle. Lol

TO all arseholes who neeed experience in life.

Seems you need to practise what you preach . So rattle throwing and harsh words are everybody's right and particularly if the target is the nucleus of the gathering ????

Re sensitivity , learn..... you can be pissed and forgiven but you can't pretend to be a smartarse and not be challenged. We ALL have that right ......in a click or not...

Lukey , my son , come hither and repent , for you have sinned and be it your co-sinners make thee strengthened in your mishaped words , take solence in the lnowledge that you are forgivern by the almighty , who has better things to do . :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:47 PM Quote
What are you on about? I thought we agreed we were allowed an opinion, and we were allowed to express that on here. Do you not think that?

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 24 Sep, 2010 11:53 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
What are you on about? I thought we agreed we were allowed an opinion, and we were allowed to express that on here. Do you not think that?

Yes and so does Fran ? Get it ?! :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:44 PM