Travis

Re: Bands/Artists you love to hate
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 6:33 AM Quote
*Kanye West (tool)
*Rhianna (annoying)
*Nickelback (suck)
*Miley Cyrus
*Justin Beiber > (please go back to school)
*Jonas Brothers
*Beyonce (If I hear Single Ladies one more time...)
*Kings of Leon (Dudes voice gets on my nerves)
*Britney Spears (still dumb)
*most country
*most rap/hiphop
*any band/artist who acts like its a chore when performing. People spend alot of money for tickets. At least pretend you're enjoying yourselves.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 8:52 PM Quote

* Chris Martin
* Shakira
* Enrique Iglesias
* Ricardo Arjona, Ricardo Montaner
* Anything reggaeton/rap/hiphop
* Argentinian cumbia

There are more I don't like, but these I love to hate, and hate them with a passion. Perhaps this list is too short, but I can't remember any others, thankfully.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 8:54 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
*Kanye West (tool)
*Rhianna (annoying)
*Nickelback (suck)
*Miley Cyrus
*Justin Beiber > (please go back to school)
*Jonas Brothers
*Beyonce (If I hear Single Ladies one more time...)
*Kings of Leon (Dudes voice gets on my nerves)
*Britney Spears (still dumb)
*most country
*most rap/hiphop
*any band/artist who acts like its a chore when performing. People spend alot of money for tickets. At least pretend you're enjoying yourselves.

Lindsay I agree with every single one of these!!!! Seriously can't stand Kings of Leon. They play the crap out of them here and I can't take it anymore!

oflo84
oflo84 Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:29 PM Quote
I really hate ManĂ¡ and Santana. So annoying.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 10:07 AM Quote
Ah yes Kings of Leon.
As iam a massive Pearl Jam fan , some friends of mine seem to think i should be a fan of KOL . I fail to see the connection.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 3:41 PM Quote
Totally with you guys on the Kings Of Leon thing. They frustrate me the most because I actually like the music. The lead singer's voice completely ruins the band. It's horrid.
Others off the top of my head:
- Fallout Boy
- Justin Bieber
- Kanye West
- Nickelback
- Creed
- 99.9% of country music
- Katie Perry
- Pink

Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 3:46 PM Quote
To those who share my Nickleback hate, virtual high five! They really do epitomize mediocrity in music.

Erggghh Eminem, I've never quite got him, maybe that's just my 'I don't really like hip hop' attitude. Those who mention lyrical genius should note 'Rhyming for Dummies'

Point 5 on Dubz point is awesome! I find it hilarious as Graham Norton did an amusing take on it in Father Ted (Retro quote).

I like Coldplay! Maybe a little un-cool to say but I do.

Anything by Disney records is just horrid. Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus etc. Plus Justin Bieber. Note - The water bottle incident has made me gain a new found respect for music fans who want to vent anger.

Oh & Kings of Leon, I used to like them before images of me trying to imagine what Sex on Fire would actually look like haunted me.

Apologies for the overiew.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 10:19 PM Quote
Intergalactic91 wrote:

Oh & Kings of Leon, I used to like them before images of me trying to imagine what Sex on Fire would actually look like haunted me.

I've said this before but I really think Sex on Fire is some PSA about STDs. You really should be worried if your sex is on fire.

dee
dee Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 10:55 PM Quote
*pretty much any x-factor finalist ever-it's not that i love to hate them , it's just i get sick of hearing of them. bear in mind i work with children so they come into school rigged out in the crappy t-shirt from a market stall, the signed photos, i've even seen kids with customized converse dedicated to the x-factor flavour of the month.
*cheryl cole- sick of hearing about her from kids, housemates, every bloody magazine. plus today i was in a shop when i noticed the girl on the till had a tattoo on her hand.
i don't know what's worse-that she has a perfect replica of the cheryl cole tattoo...or, that i recognised it as such!

other than that i really struggle to actually hate music.
even Scooter and dj otzi have comic value if yi am in the right mood.

mili
mili Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 6:16 AM Quote
dee wrote:

other than that i really struggle to actually hate music.
even Scooter and dj otzi have comic value if yi am in the right mood.

I agree, Scooter is just the thing, if you're in the right mood.

Kings of Leon, don't really like them. I tried, but… I got one of their albums (Because of Times) from the library before the latest album came out. I liked some of it, but the singer's voice was a bit annoying. I kept the album in my iTunes, but whenever I have it on genius mode and K of L comes on, I skip the song. Perhaps I should erase their music from the computer.

Most of these R'n'B or whatever female singer clones with the MariahCareyish wailing cause me distress.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 6:30 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Most of these R'n'B or whatever female singer clones with the MariahCareyish wailing cause me distress.

I second that!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 4:11 PM Quote
I didnt know so many people had a firey hate on for Kings of Leon. I dont mind them, dont see myself ever buying an album or going to a show, but their singles are alright.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 4:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I didnt know so many people had a firey hate on for Kings of Leon. I dont mind them, dont see myself ever buying an album or going to a show, but their singles are alright.

It's all about his voice! I think that's what turns most people off.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:46 AM Quote
Yeah, I too was surprised at several people sharing their disdain for KOL, or at least the singer's voice. I'm like Kristy, won't buy their albums or actively seek out tickets for a show but they're OK.

dee wrote:
today i was in a shop when i noticed the girl on the till had a tattoo on her hand.

This.....wow

Was it of her face? Can you go back and sneak a pic?

dee
dee Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:56 PM Quote
behold- cheryl cole's hand tattoo, or maybe it was originally the shop girl's and cheryl copied?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTGTK-c-MPC0YJsE6181_iBUJP7rx0jqrKTbwzOdpNPAe2huw&t=1&usg=__izYAOhSj8pkI8E2OWg-HUkfF-TE=

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times UTC Current Time 3:10 PM