Travis

Funeral Playlist
roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:12 AM Quote
I've always wanted a happy exit. The Beatles' Here Comes the Sun and Travis's Follow the Light would make up my funeral playlist. (I'm thinking one more AC/DC song, but that might make my parents wanna "kill" me more. ^^)

Have you guys ever thought of yours?

Re: Funeral Playlist
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 8:40 AM Quote
I have a mate who thinks The Macarena should be played at his funeral.

I think I'd like Mogwai or More Mogwai and on a lighter note Cocteau Twins or More Cocteau Twins

Dubz

Absy
Absy Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 11:08 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Dubz

LOL

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 2:49 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I think I'd like Mogwai or More Mogwai and on a lighter note Cocteau Twins or More Cocteau Twins

cool choice! might be too eerie for my family though, but! i'd like to listen to these on my massage session later, thanks to you!

btw, you got a funny mate

mili
mili Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 3:40 PM Quote
Death Cab for Cutie's I Will Follow You in the Dark and the Smith's Asleep have potential, but I haven't really thought about it. Perhaps the Cure's If Only Tonight We Could Sleep might work.

Here in Finland we don't traditionally play pop music in churches/funeral parlours/registry offices (for marriages), just hymns or nothing.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 8:57 PM Quote
I knew someone who played The Hallelujah Chorus at the funeral of a much hated relative...

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 2:29 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Here in Finland we don't traditionally play pop music in churches/funeral parlours/registry offices (for marriages), just hymns or nothing.

I think it really isn't a custom to most countries, but in special cases, at least one song is played, say the person's favorite or one that somehow depicts their life.. sort of just a homage to them. Anyhows, i think that would make it more memorable (not that it's anything value-adding as we're already dead :D).

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 4:04 AM Quote
I've always wanted Judy Garland's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:25 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I've always wanted Judy Garland's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played.

How about John Martyn's Version.

Dubz

eta version II

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:24 AM Quote
Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys

or , just to mess with peoples heads :)

My little empire - Manic Street Preachers

give the last one a listen on you tube and you'll get what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA3u7wHcYPQ

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:05 AM Quote
How about...

The Boo Radleys - What's in the Box

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 12:31 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

How about John Martyn's Version.

Dubz

eta version II

I had never heard those versions and they are good. But the original just holds a special place in my heart. It's probably because before we had a VCR I played the record almost every day (and had costumes changes to go along with the story) and then when we got it on tape I watched it practically everyday until I was at least 10-11.

The song has always made me feel both intensely hopeful and sad all at the same time.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 1:08 PM Quote
I have my brother well prepared to play this at my funeral: I Don't Feel Like Dancing

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 4:35 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I have my brother well prepared to play this at my funeral: I Don't Feel Like Dancing

ha! that's a funny funeral.. maybe though he could change the arrangement to make it more solemn.. the lyrics would fit

sallycc
sallycc Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 5:17 AM Quote
"make you feel my love", the version by adele ... just to make absolutely sure that everyone at my funeral wipe a tear or two

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 5:10 AM