Travis

Re: the cover of wreckorder!
milos
milos Posted Wed 04 Aug, 2010 6:57 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I like the photo, but I think this is an ordinary cover. However, considering Travis' covers are always very original, a portrait seems unsual anyway. And it does go on well with the fact that this is a solo album... I'm not too thrilled about it, but it's the content that matters. ;o)

I was surprised at first too. Usually, I'm not a big fan of portraits as album covers, but I like this one. As Fran said, it's all about wrecking the order and doing things differently on this album, so in a way it makes sense! :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Aug, 2010 8:38 PM Quote
I think he wants it to be something separate than Travis. He admits the music is the same as Travis, so i think he's pushing the "solo" thing by just having his face on the cover. I quite like it. I like the font, and it's a nice photo, though i'm really not sure on the beard. It just makes me feel itchy. lol

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 05 Aug, 2010 6:24 PM Quote
Great shot telling so much when looking into the eyes. Hope, experience, excitement... Colors, I love the colors.
But I've to tell Fran looks best with shorter hair.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 06 Aug, 2010 12:22 AM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Hope, experience, excitement.

You've summed it up nicely. But I think his hair suits him either way lol.
I like that there's a hint of a smile. :) And that the letters are across the picture. You don't see that often.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 06 Aug, 2010 9:13 AM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
And that the letters are across the picture. You don't see that often.

Exactly. You know, like the Avant Garde font becoming hype with the Travis logo; something tells "w r e c k o r d e r" spelling will make it big soon too. :-)

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Sat 07 Aug, 2010 3:47 PM Quote
I have to say, he's looking pretty old for his age these days! It's not a bad cover, it's a solo album after all.

mili
mili Posted Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:04 PM Quote
Beat Poet wrote:
I have to say, he's looking pretty old for his age these days! It's not a bad cover, it's a solo album after all.

Well, Robbie Williams is only one year younger (and by recent photos looks it), even though he's surely been using more substances than Fran (my guess). I suppose that Fran enjoys looking older and distinguished and is not too much worried by some gray hairs.

I like the cover, it invites you to take him seriously.

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 12 Aug, 2010 8:49 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Well, Robbie Williams is only one year younger (and by recent photos looks it), even though he's surely been using more substances than Fran (my guess)

You're so right! How would Mr. Williams look like with grey, curly hair??? *ggg**

mili wrote:
I like the cover, it invites you to take him seriously.

I agree! The cover is very pure, he's got nothing to hide, looking straight into the beholder's eyes. Love it!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:48 PM Quote
I like it, at first not too much, but I do now :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:49 PM