Travis

Songs of inspiration
cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 30 Jul, 2010 4:26 AM Quote
After the rejection from Total in April, it was Brand New Radicals and that You Only Get What you Give... which I could not stand when it came out. When you're feeling pretty down tho and nothing is going your way, it does serve as a kick up the rear...

But tomorrow, I think my album of inspiration is going to be The Man Who. When I felt as dejected as I do just now, I think back to when I was young and nothing went my way... I know I'm a lot older now but you never ever forget what inspired you when you were young...

So if you're in Aberdeen tmorrow and you hear The Man Who blasting..it will no doubts be me. Although I must say tomorrow is now today... eek. I can't sleep, being crying. Working in Primark does these things to ya :(

Re: Songs of inspiration
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Jul, 2010 8:02 PM Quote
anything by the Inspiral Carpets

Re: Songs of inspiration
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 05 Aug, 2010 6:38 PM Quote
Any Travis album inspires me actually. I remember when I started my recent job about 2 years ago and feeling down about some stuff I kept listening to Travis on my way to work so that I could get in the building with a not-down face.

Joy Division also gets me in the mood even though their concept is not remotely cheering up or anything. Must be the deja-vu of feelings like Pavlov's dog. Eh?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:09 AM