Travis

Re: The next Travis album
silvella
silvella Posted Thu 12 Aug, 2010 9:00 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
I often wonder how other band members feel when the lead singer, or indeed any other musician in the group, takes on other projects. Is there a secret society of sobbing, abandoned performers from, say, Snow Patrol, the Killers, or now Travis, where they can pour out their woes? The "other projects" victims club?
I'm asking partly tongue in cheek, and partly out of genuine interest.
But I do have this image of a darkened bar, tucked away somewhere, far from the prying public, where you can only be allowed to go in, if someone in your band is pursuing other projects. It's smoky and there's a discreet barman pouring shots, and listening to the musicians telling their sorry tales.
I know I'm drivelling, but I've always had an over active imagination....

LOL!! Can you read my mind? We should go to this bar, I'd really like to listen to them!! And I imagine the musicians reacting very sensitive when getting asked by fans... you know what I mean? "Travis? Me? Ph!"

Sorry guys, just a joke!! *g*

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 12 Aug, 2010 10:30 PM Quote

hahah had the same thought, though andy and neil are or were busy with other projects as well... neil played with jonna and persued his racing-love and andy was recording with...oh what was their name...?

Still..I'm wondering...and missing Travis, as in all 4 of them!

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Mon 04 Oct, 2010 9:45 PM Quote
Does everyone think that we'll actually see another Travis album? I loved Ode, but you can't escape the fact that it probably didn't sell anywhere near as much as any of their other albums. I love Travis but worry that they're another band that are fighting against diminishing returns every time they do a new album.

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Mon 04 Oct, 2010 9:47 PM Quote
Does everyone think that we'll actually see another Travis album? I loved Ode, but you can't escape the fact that it probably didn't sell anywhere near as much as any of their other albums. I love Travis but worry that they're another band that are fighting against diminishing returns every time they do a new album.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 3:20 AM Quote
Yes. I do think there will be another Travis album. Several, I hope! Fran has said this is a "break" from Travis. Not an end to Travis. And while I'm sure they'd love to sell loads of albums like they did in "The Man Who" days, I don't think that's really what it's about at this point for the band. It about making great music for the fans. And they do have a strong, devoted fanbase who will go see them live no matter what. They'll always have that.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 8:01 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Yes. I do think there will be another Travis album. Several, I hope! Fran has said this is a "break" from Travis. Not an end to Travis. And while I'm sure they'd love to sell loads of albums like they did in "The Man Who" days, I don't think that's really what it's about at this point for the band. It about making great music for the fans. And they do have a strong, devoted fanbase who will go see them live no matter what. They'll always have that.

well said Nikki! I agree with you I'm quite sure we'll get antoher Travis album and hopefully they'll go on tour with it. Not the big stadiums but all they great smaller places... can't wait ! :)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 9:45 AM Quote
during the radio session fran did last week, he confirmed there will be another travis album :) don't worry.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 10:38 AM Quote
Fran said something like album 7 "coming sometime soon". With this talk of Andy, Neil and Dougie in the recording studio and the fact Wreckorder was apparently finished last year, I wonder if we really could be seeing a new Travis album soon.

milos
milos Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 11:13 AM Quote
Well, someone posted an interview here yesterday in which Fran said they will do at least 12 albums, so i wouldn't be worried! :D

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 5:03 PM Quote

he also said once he couldn't imagine going solo. ever!
time changes everything. but i think too that the next travis album will come in about a year or two...:)

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Tue 05 Oct, 2010 8:07 PM Quote
I don't read every interview or devour every scrap of information about the band, but over the last couple of years I have got the impression that Fran's not quite as up for being in Travis as he once was. I don't know, I just get that impression.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 7:39 AM Quote
I don't think you can put a timetable on creativity. But Fran did mention during his August shows that there will be another Travis album in the future. "This is what I do" is what he said, referring to writing music and performing, and that "he can't imagine doing anything else."

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:13 AM