Travis

Re: How are you dressed ?
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:52 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
When you all talk about "Pumps" are these American high heeled shoes or English flat casual shoes?????

heels.
I would call flats...flats :)

Blue pinstipe button down top with ruffles, navy blue shorts, rounded toe heels. I decided that shorts and heels are workplace appropriate when it is pushing 40 degrees. Now I am questioning what is appropriate amounts of workplace leg

edit: belted

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 3:41 PM Quote
Depends on the legs.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 4:31 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Depends on the legs.

my favourite gay boy like them, and in the end, isnt that what really matters?

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 5:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:
When you all talk about "Pumps" are these American high heeled shoes or English flat casual shoes?????

heels.

When I see the word Pumps, it makes me think of black gym shoes, flat, hard to get on with a bit of elastic at the front and certainly not very feminine.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 5:36 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:

heels.

When I see the word Pumps, it makes me think of black gym shoes, flat, hard to get on with a bit of elastic at the front and certainly not very feminine.

that is certainly not what I would wear. That would hurt my soul. Even my running shoes must be cute.

Although my homelife consists of oversized tshirts and jammies pants/shorts. Im a big giant juxtaposition

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 6:34 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:

heels.

Think of it this way, the heels are high and pump you up to make you look taller.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 8:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Depends on the legs.

Would that be Monkey or Moray?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 9:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Depends on the legs.

Would that be Monkey or Moray?

You've obviously never talked to either of them about boobs.
I wonder what percentage of threads on this board contains the words "boobs." Mostly Anne's fault.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:52 PM Quote
Navy and white striped shirt
black pants
goldish gladiator-style sandals

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 12:08 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Navy and white striped shirt
black pants
goldish gladiator-style sandals

Thank goodness it's nearly the hols. I'm sooo tired I just read "Goldfish" gladiator-style sandals!!! aaaargh!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:58 PM Quote
didnt they have shoes in the 70s with goldfish in them?

Black top, orange/blue/green/off white sort of Indian inspired floral print floofy mini skirt, silver sandels.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 3:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
didnt they have shoes in the 70s with goldfish in them?

Now cruelty free, with fake goldfish! (Well, not cruel to goldfish, just to the people around you who have to look at them.)

For men:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-39275608269852_2110_34616958

For women:
http://www.funkypair.com/ProductImages/Ellie%20Shoes/601-GOLDIE.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 4:36 PM Quote
I think you mean:
for men
for hookers/stippers

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 5:15 PM Quote
OMG is this for real??? OK, own up! Which of you boardies actually owns a pair of these shoes???

Black cropped trousers, white tee and sleeveless silver grey long cardigan with silver chunky jewellery. Oh, and flat black sandals. I would love to wear heels but never last more than 5 minutes in them.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 5:33 PM Quote
Of course it's for real.

"As the name suggests, a disco goldfish shoe is a shoe that contains a goldfish. The disco goldfish shoes grew popular during the 1970’s and could be seen on trendy disco dancers. The goldfish is contained within the heel, or within the heel and sole, of a high-heeled platform shoe. The heel and sole in disco goldfish shoes are made from a transparent material, such as acrylic glass, that allows you to see the goldfish.

The shoe of a disco dancer is of course not an ideal home for a goldfish. Just like any other fish, the goldfish needs oxygen, food and water changes to survive. The constant shakings as the feet moves will naturally also disturb the fish a lot and being trapped inside a very small place is far from healthy. In such a confined place as the heel of disco goldfish shoes, it is hard to know which problem that actually kills the fish first - suffocation or shock - but goldfish will die very soon after being inserted in disco goldfish shoes. Theoretically speaking, it might be possible to keep goldfish
in a proper aquarium during the weekdays and place them in the detachable heels of your disco goldfish shoes for a few hours during the Saturday night fever, but this would still be very cruel to the animals and dramatically reduce their life span even if they manage to survive one trip to the disco.

For all those who are attracted to the idea of keeping goldfish in their shoes, the shoe fashion has fortunately developed since the 1970’s. Today you can find great looking disco goldfish shoes that contain a goldfish replica instead of a live goldfish. This way, you can get disco goldfish shoes that will last night after night and you never have to replace the goldfish. Artificial goldfish disco shoes are available in a wide range of colors, patterns and styles – all with high heels of course. You can for instance get disco goldfish shoes that do not only contain a goldfish, but a small artificial green plant as well. This makes the heel look even more like a small goldfish bowl. You can also purchase disco goldfish shoes that contain several small artificial goldfishes, fish replicas from other species, or colored, glowing and glittery water."

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:49 AM