Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 3:14 PM Quote
I was told by another boardie the way to avoid a multiple post. When you hit "submit" look at the url. If your post goes through, it will change from something like "post.php?t=13334" to something similar to "php?f=2" at the end of the url. Even if you receive an Error_1! message, your message will have gone through.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 3:19 PM Quote
que ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 4:01 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
que ?

Right now as I am typing this, it says,
"http://www.travisonline.com/board/post.php?t=13334&q=255576"

If I hit "submit" and the Error_1! message pops up and that number at the end stays the same, my post didn't go through and I need to try again. If it changes and says "php?f=2" at the end, my post went through, even if ERROR_1! pops up. If I kept on resending it until the Error message goes away, I'll end up with multiple posts.

Or you can always open another window and look to see if it went through before resending.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 5:47 PM Quote
I realize this is quite nit-picky of me, but it bothers me when people say "should of" when they really mean "should have."

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 26 May, 2010 1:02 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
monkey wrote:
To my complete horror i just found out my boss is now living on the same street as me. Over the years i've told some pretty extravagant lies to get out of work, now i'm thinking he might find out.

is it just me or is this error thing getting worse?

Andrew, I am now curious about your fantastic lies. Do share please!

I've missed work because of weddings in chicago, funerals in holland and even avoided work due to a birthday in germany. These are all lies for time i'd booked off, i don't just phone in with some random story when i'm meant to go to work

edit: i picked a dead relative

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 26 May, 2010 1:27 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Meridith wrote:
monkey wrote:
To my complete horror i just found out my boss is now living on the same street as me. Over the years i've told some pretty extravagant lies to get out of work, now i'm thinking he might find out.

is it just me or is this error thing getting worse?

Andrew, I am now curious about your fantastic lies. Do share please!

I've missed work because of weddings in chicago, funerals in holland and even avoided work due to a birthday in germany. These are all lies for time i'd booked off, i don't just phone in with some random story when i'm meant to go to work

edit: i picked a dead relative

Don't worry about your boss living on your street. Worry about him becoming a boardie.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 26 May, 2010 2:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I realize this is quite nit-picky of me, but it bothers me when people say "should of" when they really mean "should have."

what about could of ? stokked i got a tax return !

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 26 May, 2010 2:53 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

what about could of ? stokked i got a tax return !

Yes, "could of" bothers me just as much.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 May, 2010 6:18 PM Quote
some photos I took are going to be used in a Tourism Hamilton commerical on national tv. neeto

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 27 May, 2010 12:16 AM Quote
I had my graduation last night, I am officially finished school, except for the exams in two weeks. Feels weird, after so many years with these people that I might never see some of them again after next month.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 27 May, 2010 12:58 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Feels weird, after so many years with these people that I might never see some of them again after next month.

It's not always a bad thing

Congrats Kristy

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 27 May, 2010 1:29 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
some photos I took are going to be used in a Tourism Hamilton commerical on national tv. neeto

WOOT!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 27 May, 2010 6:07 AM Quote
Congratulations Fen and Kristy!!! :o)

I sang at The Cavern Club in Buenos Aires last Monday. Gerar (firebird) played guitar. We did five songs (two Travis tunes(*), one Oasis, one Keane and one The Police). I was so nervous I had a cloud in my head and didn't even know what I was doing, so by the time it finished I didn't know if I had dropped a clanger or a thousand. But it was fun! Plus it's The Cavern, so it's an amazing place to perform. I never thought I'd ever be on The Cavern's stage. It felt so weird!

Annnd today we got the evaluation of our research report. Turns out it's very good (at least for the professors who read it). We just have to adjust a few things and that's it. Once we hand it in, I'll officially be a sociologist. I don't want to jinx it, but it could be real soon. I'm very excited!!!!

(*) My mum loves Closer, haha. She asked me to do it! And my godmother liked both Travis songs the most: a potential new fan! :oP

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 27 May, 2010 2:41 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Congratulations Fen and Kristy!!! :o)

I sang at The Cavern Club in Buenos Aires last Monday. Gerar (firebird) played guitar. We did five songs (two Travis tunes(*), one Oasis, one Keane and one The Police). I was so nervous I had a cloud in my head and didn't even know what I was doing, so by the time it finished I didn't know if I had dropped a clanger or a thousand. But it was fun! Plus it's The Cavern, so it's an amazing place to perform. I never thought I'd ever be on The Cavern's stage. It felt so weird!

Annnd today we got the evaluation of our research report. Turns out it's very good (at least for the professors who read it). We just have to adjust a few things and that's it. Once we hand it in, I'll officially be a sociologist. I don't want to jinx it, but it could be real soon. I'm very excited!!!!

(*) My mum loves Closer, haha. She asked me to do it! And my godmother liked both Travis songs the most: a potential new fan! :oP

Yay!!! Well done, on both accounts. Do we get to see any videos of it? :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 27 May, 2010 5:41 PM Quote
Thank you! :o)
My friends uploaded some videos on Facebook, I don't know how to post them here...
I don't think I have you on Facebook, Fen. Add me if you are on it: Juli Stupenengo. :o)

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:09 PM