Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 25 Dec, 2010 10:42 AM Quote
mili wrote:
deebee wrote:

Good luck getting to the UK. You're heading to Northern England, aren't you? Fingers crossed for no more snowfall (we have snow predicted for later today and tomorrow - a White Christmas YAY)

Yes, we're flying to Manchester. The forecast looks promising.
My husband just got off the phone with his parents. Their gas is not working (=no cooker, no heating) and it's below -10 °C. Thankfully they're going to have Christmas lunch elsewhere! The British Gas is going to compensate for the electric fan heaters there were forced to buy.

Good Luck Mili, The whole of Ireland and the UK is frozen but it should thaw over the next few days, Happy Christmas.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 25 Dec, 2010 7:27 PM Quote
My arsehole mate, climbed the Electricity pole the other week and "stole" electricity. He has just been plunged into darkness and the pole is smoking he has decided him and his partner are coming to stay with me...

He can FUCK OFF!! My phone is being ignored at the moment.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 26 Dec, 2010 6:03 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Something interesting has occurred at my mother's house that may make for a comedic tale tomorrow. Or it may be a disastrous tale. Or it may work out ok. We'll see.

Everything turned out ok. Not funny. But not disastrous, either. For the sake of my mother's nerves, that is for the best.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 11:57 AM Quote
My arsehole mates arrived yesterday, stayed last night, drank all my drink, ate all my food. Then he fucked off this morning, think he's in the pub, and left his partner here. I'm kinda fucked as I've only slept for about an hour on a tiny couch. I wish they would just fuck off!

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 4:20 PM Quote
I'm in the pub for the last 4 hours, because the alternative is being in MY OWN FUCKING HOUSE with my arsehole mate.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 4:31 PM Quote
Is there nowhere else he can go?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 5:13 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Thanks! I spoke yesterday for the first time in 2 days and I didn't sound any better. I'm worried cause the doctor said that if I don't get better it might be because I developed nodules :S

Juli, it wasn't bad at all. You're a great singer ;)

Che! That sounds awful. Are you feeling better now? Did you go see the doctor? *Hugs*
Thanks, Bodi! You're most kind. :o)

We didn't have any electricity at my dad's on Christmas Eve either. He actually didn't have any electricity since Wednesday. Then, around 10pm the service was restored, and about 1am we realised the water supply had been cut off.
While you guys in the North are freezing, we, in the South have been experiencing a horrible heat wave, with temperatures between 32º and 37º C. And they say it's going to continue like this at least until Thursday. We're close to beating the highest temperature record in the history of the city for the month of december.
Ahhh... the joys of Christmas. *Sarcasm*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 5:47 PM Quote

My boss ("THE" boss, the one who's never around because he's so important and has so many important things to do)just called me to his office three minutes ago for the first time ever since I work here (over two years). I went there thinking I had done something wrong... Turns out, he bought me a Christmas present. I'm completely shocked. I don't think I was able to hide my surprise either. I didn't get him anything... lol.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 7:24 PM Quote
On the plus side I got me Russian hat back,

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Dec, 2010 8:56 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

My boss ("THE" boss, the one who's never around because he's so important and has so many important things to do)just called me to his office three minutes ago for the first time ever since I work here (over two years). I went there thinking I had done something wrong... Turns out, he bought me a Christmas present. I'm completely shocked. I don't think I was able to hide my surprise either. I didn't get him anything... lol.

When I had my first job, I called called back to THE BOSS'S office and I was petrified that I was going to get fired. Turns out, I got a raise.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 2:03 PM Quote
I love how the weather report says today's low temp will be 23ºF and it is currently 16ºF. (-9ºC) Brrrr!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
While you guys in the North are freezing, we, in the South have been experiencing a horrible heat wave, with temperatures between 32º and 37º C. And they say it's going to continue like this at least until Thursday. We're close to beating the highest temperature record in the history of the city for the month of december.
Ahhh... the joys of Christmas. *Sarcasm*

I have a question for you. Up here, our Christmas songs are filled with references to snow and cold and winter wonderland stuff. Do you have hot Christmas songs? I'm dreaming of a green, sweaty Christmas...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 6:53 PM Quote
http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/2f0d23f5-3fc0-4767-b223-1123626308f4.jpg?w=500

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 8:19 PM Quote
I've been an Buachaill Dána the past few days. I'm paying for it now. Can't even sleep due to sweats and shivers and all jumpy, stomach feels like a tumble drier. I think I may have mild alcohol poisoning. Drinking water and watching mindnumbing TV.

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 28 Dec, 2010 9:54 PM Quote

That's so cool about the raise, Kayte! Now I've moved on from the state of shock and I realise it was a very nice gesture. He said something like "this is so you know I have you in mind" (or something like that, in Spanish), so it's good to know my boss appreciates my work here.

Turtleneck wrote:

I have a question for you. Up here, our Christmas songs are filled with references to snow and cold and winter wonderland stuff. Do you have hot Christmas songs? I'm dreaming of a green, sweaty Christmas...

Haha, actually, I don't think we do. We have religious Christmas songs, which don't mention the weather. Or simple songs with simple lyrics... But I think you guys in the North have many more Christmas songs. For instance, it's not usual at all here for bands or singers to release Christmas songs or albums. Not at all.
Maybe there are Christmas songs that talk about the weather, but I honestly can't think of any. :oP

LOL @ Anne!

Pages Previous 1...42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 Next All Times UTC Current Time 5:24 AM