Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
dee
dee Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 12:45 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
monkey wrote:
Edel wrote:
Ok so dont know if we have a FB gossip thread here in Travisland and well obviously I cant post about it over there. Ive just looked through photos a friend has posted. From a wedding reception m'yeah? They have a stripper at the reception? I know its normal at stag nights or whatever but the wedding reception? And its the bride thats getting the 'attention'. Stripper dressed as a nun and a dildo on the floor. This just seems a little extreme to me.

That's pretty funny but sad. What happend to class?

Thank you Mr. Monkey. I mean I dont consider myself a prude, however I wonder sometimes about my old age and societal changes:p Cant keep up, do my best but stuff like this I'll never understand (or not sure I want to!)

i'm by no means a prude, but i get weirded out by the bride having her garter removed by the groom in front of a room of ancient relatives.can only imagine what a wedding involving a stripper, complete with dildo would be like for the parents etc present.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 1:24 AM Quote
I am baffled that someone would have a stripper complete with a dildo at their reception. That is seriously nuts!

Dee, I did the garter thing but when it was going on I remember feeling like I was flashing the whole room, even though that totally wasn't happening. It is an odd thing to have your husband reaching up your dress in a room full of folks.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 1:32 AM Quote
I didn't do the garter thing at my wedding. And during prom, I somehow managed to be in the bathroom during the garter ceremony. I hadn't planned it, but I was glad it worked out that way.

A stripper has no place at a wedding reception.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 1:38 AM Quote
dee wrote:
Edel wrote:
monkey wrote:
Edel wrote:
Ok so dont know if we have a FB gossip thread here in Travisland and well obviously I cant post about it over there. Ive just looked through photos a friend has posted. From a wedding reception m'yeah? They have a stripper at the reception? I know its normal at stag nights or whatever but the wedding reception? And its the bride thats getting the 'attention'. Stripper dressed as a nun and a dildo on the floor. This just seems a little extreme to me.

That's pretty funny but sad. What happend to class?

Thank you Mr. Monkey. I mean I dont consider myself a prude, however I wonder sometimes about my old age and societal changes:p Cant keep up, do my best but stuff like this I'll never understand (or not sure I want to!)

i'm by no means a prude, but i get weirded out by the bride having her garter removed by the groom in front of a room of ancient relatives.can only imagine what a wedding involving a stripper, complete with dildo would be like for the parents etc present.

there are somethings that shouldnt happen infront of 80 year old relatives. These are 2 examples.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 2:31 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I didn't do the garter thing at my wedding. And during prom, I somehow managed to be in the bathroom during the garter ceremony. I hadn't planned it, but I was glad it worked out that way.

wait, garter toss at PROM!? I didnt go to prom, but I know that did not happen!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 3:24 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Not a toss. Your date keeps your garter. Guys usually hang it from their rear view mirror for a while. At least that's what they did back in my day.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 3:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Not a toss. Your date keeps your garter. Guys usually hang it from their rear view mirror for a while. At least that's what they did back in my day.

I didnt know anyone even wore a garter to prom. This seems a little scandelous for high school

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 3:49 PM Quote
Tomorrow , i am being put on the kidney transplant waiting list.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 4:12 PM Quote
good luck

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 4:51 PM Quote
Yup, good luck Gladders.

I had the worst Sunday of my life yesterday- one of my best friends, a girl I've known since we were 7, had a cancer scare. Apparently it's not cancer after all but she still needs a surgical treatment.

Seriously, if this is what grown-ups have to deal with, I would like to know where can you sign off from being one?

On a lighter note:
minnmess wrote:

I didnt know anyone even wore a garter to prom. This seems a little scandelous for high school

A lot of girls do it here. I didn't.
And I always thought the garter removing thing during wedding receptions is a (weird) Polish thing! I'm always rather creeped out by it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 6:27 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Best of Luck mate.

Steve & Dee

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 9:14 PM Quote

Good Luck, Gladly!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 9:19 PM Quote
Good luck Gladly! Hope it's not too long of a wait for you.

minnmess wrote:

I haven't ever heard off this for prom either. It's not a tradition here either, that's for sure. Man, I learn new stuff here all the time!

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 11:05 PM Quote

best of luck pal

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 12:28 AM Quote

Good luck, hope you find a quick match.

Pages Previous 1...22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Times UTC Current Time 12:56 PM