Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
monkey Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 4:42 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
monkey wrote:
mili wrote:
monkey wrote:
Today has been SO bad!. I've been suspended from work for 'gross misconduct' and could well be sacked 'pending an investigation'. Worse than that, housemate is going home tonight :(

Oh, my. Were you aware of committing "gross misconduct"?
Is your housemate coming back anytime soon?
Hope tomorrow's looking better.

Cheers Mili.
I got bored at work and decided to just go home. Calling that gross misconduct seems a little unfair. She's back in a week but it's going to be weird as she's been here for over 2 months.

whats unfair about it? you just left cause you were bored? how do you expect them to react?

People are caught off site all the time and this is the first time they've made such a song and dance about it. If i'd gone to the 24hour for fags and been caught off site then that wouldn't have been an issue. They took offence not for me being off site, but for the reason i was off site. That's what is unfair.

It worked out fantastically well anyway. A weeks suspension on full pay and it's only being held on record for 3months. For a week off on full pay....i only wish i'd have done it sooner

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 06 Sep, 2011 4:57 PM Quote
How is that a punishment? I don't get it.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 07 Sep, 2011 10:36 PM Quote
You had to guess which guitarists belonged to which band on Pointless today. I half expected Dougie's name to come up - at least then I'd manage to get one right, and it'd probably be pointless too.

Alexander Armstrong drunk at the British Comedy Awards 2009

Rather funny.
"Come now."
lol

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 09 Sep, 2011 12:21 AM Quote
My horoscope for September: "Something you tried to action six months ago will either push through or finish." Ha, no kidding. Also, "27th offers you some amazing social contacts", which makes sense as I'm attending a film premiere then (nothing celebrity - exciting).

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:10 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
How is that a punishment? I don't get it.

Don't know, guess i just lucky.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 10 Sep, 2011 5:13 PM Quote
Got pissed off this morning and when and got my head shaved, let's see what they think of that in the hotel on Monday.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 12 Sep, 2011 9:35 PM Quote
A few comments about the lack of hair today, best one goes to Mario the KP, "Did you forget to bring your hair to work with you today??"

Other than that a fairly pissy day, was finished at 5:00 after working through lunch when boss called and asked if I was busy, then asks me to do a couple of things (not easy) before I finish up for the day, I don't mind helping out and I won't leave people in the sh!t but this is becoming a habit. He needs to realize that I'm on a Work Placement and don't get fucking paid for working overtime, If I were the boss I'd be saying to the guys to finish early when it's quiet, or come in later in the morning after working later in the evening. It's not fair.

Also with the early mornings getting darker I'm finding it more and more difficult to get motivated.

That said the guy who I work with is gonna get himself sacked and I've been told I will get the job. So maybe I should put up with the shite for now...

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 13 Sep, 2011 12:22 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
A few comments about the lack of hair today, best one goes to Mario the KP, "Did you forget to bring your hair to work with you today??"

Other than that a fairly pissy day, was finished at 5:00 after working through lunch when boss called and asked if I was busy, then asks me to do a couple of things (not easy) before I finish up for the day, I don't mind helping out and I won't leave people in the sh!t but this is becoming a habit. He needs to realize that I'm on a Work Placement and don't get fucking paid for working overtime, If I were the boss I'd be saying to the guys to finish early when it's quiet, or come in later in the morning after working later in the evening. It's not fair.

Also with the early mornings getting darker I'm finding it more and more difficult to get motivated.

That said the guy who I work with is gonna get himself sacked and I've been told I will get the job. So maybe I should put up with the shite for now...

Dubz

Sounds like you should put up with it for a bit longer. Winter is coming anyway so it's not like youre going to have much else to do anyway.

I've to do a dayshift at work on Tuesday and i can't be fecked with it. I've been told to tidy myself up for it, which i thought was a bit harsh.....SO im going to go with the most dodgy and shit looking facial hair i can manage. I don't mind looking stupid if i know rubs managment up the wrong way.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Sep, 2011 1:47 PM Quote
Nothing to report. Life's just chugging along lately, which is fine with me.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 14 Sep, 2011 4:02 PM Quote
After debating on whether to actually go to work yesterday I made it in 40mins late, boss was so glad to see me he let it slide. He was in a meeting for the whole of yesterday and left me in charge, quite a sad outcome for the guy who's been here 5years, I kicked ass and was brilliant all day keeping everything under control and using all my skills.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 14 Sep, 2011 4:30 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
After debating on whether to actually go to work yesterday I made it in 40mins late, boss was so glad to see me he let it slide. He was in a meeting for the whole of yesterday and left me in charge, quite a sad outcome for the guy who's been here 5years, I kicked ass and was brilliant all day keeping everything under control and using all my skills.

Well worth your while going in then. Like yourself i've had to go to work lately when it's still dark out. Not nice at all!

Is there anything out there i can save my dvds to and watch them on?. It would need to be portable

mili
mili Posted Wed 14 Sep, 2011 10:05 PM Quote
7th grade parents' evening. The headmaster was dull as ever, but my son's new class teacher seems decent. Actually he's the favourite teacher of the older child. Another round of collecting money for a camp school about to start. At least it'll be the last!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:12 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Another round of collecting money for a camp school about to start. At least it'll be the last!

what's a camp school?

I got Mumford and Sons tickets today. yay!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 15 Sep, 2011 1:55 AM Quote
I posted here today for the first time in....forever. Random....

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:32 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
I posted here today for the first time in....forever. Random....

yay.
Do you still swear as much as when you were preggers?

Pages Previous 1...142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:18 AM