Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2011 7:44 PM Quote
err, wait a sec... you got two invites for interviews and both interviews will take place on the same day and in two different countries?!?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 13 Aug, 2011 3:36 PM Quote
That's funny, Meg. I hope you can reschedule one of the interviews! Good luck!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 13 Aug, 2011 4:16 PM Quote
I wonder how it happened... did they just write you an email with the dates without asking you if you're free? strange people... and... typical!
(but hey, TWO invites, that's awesome!!!)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 14 Aug, 2011 1:29 AM Quote
I applied for the Polish job only because the deadline was at the very end of August so I figured if I don't find anything London based by then it would be convenient. BUT apparently the "real" deadline is next week (nevermind what the ad said.... :/).

So after consideration I decided I want to try it for the couple of weeks more here, in the UK. I don't want to spend 300 pounds on the cheapest flight to go to Warsaw on such a short notice. We'll just see.

But seriously, can you believe the timing?!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 14 Aug, 2011 3:14 AM Quote
Only you Megg :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 10:00 AM Quote
Back at work after 2 and a half weeks off, it was tough getting up this morning. But glad to be back. Was going Stir Crazy in the house after one week. How the hell did I manage 18months of unemployment.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 12:53 PM Quote
Glad you're feeling better.

mili
mili Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 1:25 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Back at work after 2 and a half weeks off, it was tough getting up this morning. But glad to be back. Was going Stir Crazy in the house after one week. How the hell did I manage 18months of unemployment.

Dubz

Good news! Did they suss out what caused it?

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 3:52 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I applied for the Polish job only because the deadline was at the very end of August so I figured if I don't find anything London based by then it would be convenient. BUT apparently the "real" deadline is next week (nevermind what the ad said.... :/).

So after consideration I decided I want to try it for the couple of weeks more here, in the UK. I don't want to spend 300 pounds on the cheapest flight to go to Warsaw on such a short notice. We'll just see.

But seriously, can you believe the timing?!

Best of luck with the interview!

Dubz - good to see your back on your feet pal....even if it means you're back at work ;)

The only news i have is that i have some time of work. It's been a while coming, but it's here. Thank f***.

Out of curiosity, on average how long does female sulking tend to last?. I grew up with a twin sister and i still don't understand you weird people.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 4:00 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Out of curiosity, on average how long does female sulking tend to last?. I grew up with a twin sister and i still don't understand you weird people.

Did you cause it? Could take a while.

I thought I still had to sign stuff, but apperently the apartment is mine. Cool beans. I called today because the lady was off last week so I just had an email from the headoffice saying my application is approved. So I asked her what I need to do next and she was like "umm, book movers?" oh. Dont I sound stupid.
But my issue is...I have to book a move in slot (since it is a big builing, lots of people moving in at the same time) but I also have to order furniture to be delivered in that slot. If I order furniture more than 2 days ahead, they charge more. Bah! Oh well. May have to pay extra as to not piss people off.

mili
mili Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 5:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I thought I still had to sign stuff, but apperently the apartment is mine. Cool beans. I called today because the lady was off last week so I just had an email from the headoffice saying my application is approved. So I asked her what I need to do next and she was like "umm, book movers?" oh. Dont I sound stupid.
But my issue is...I have to book a move in slot (since it is a big builing, lots of people moving in at the same time) but I also have to order furniture to be delivered in that slot. If I order furniture more than 2 days ahead, they charge more. Bah! Oh well. May have to pay extra as to not piss people off.

Congrats on your new home!! Is it a new building, or why are there so many people moving in at the same time?

We once moved in to a brand new block. The move itself wasn't too bad (we went in one day later than most because our furniture was slow coming from Germany), but the amount of discarded cardboard boxes at the bin shelter was just amazing, nothing flattened, just dumped.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 5:42 PM Quote
mili wrote:
[Congrats on your new home!! Is it a new building, or why are there so many people moving in at the same time?

New building.
The first 6 floors or something are done and people are moving in, but the rest are open Oct 1.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 5:57 PM Quote
I've never heard of having to book a move in slot... I don't think people have thought of this over here, but it sounds very sensible...

The last apartment I moved into was in a 16th century-building right in the middle of a small town, and the shop owner from downstairs threatened to call the police ("YOU CANNOT PARK HERE!") until I (smugly) showed her I had a parking permit for the whole day. Hah! She was not amused. But I'm a nice person ;) so we moved the truck to a more official parking area after (slowly) unloading it :D
(The very narrow stairway was our next problem... oh my, those were the days...)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 7:35 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

If you are the cause, it lasts until you correct the situation. Possible corrections include, but are not limited to: apologizing, agreeing, and/or the giving of chocolate or ice cream.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 15 Aug, 2011 7:37 PM Quote
Thanks Guys !!

Nah, they reckon it was an infection, I'm still taking tablets and suffering from wee spells, noo and again, but naewhere near as bad as it was. I'll ween myself off the pills this week.

Great to be back at work but fucking totally knackered tonight, so University Challenge and then bed methinks.

Thanks again guys, you really helped get me through it and I really appreciate that, you're a damn good crew.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:59 PM