Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 11:55 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Megg: Keep the head down, I really hope it passes you by. What did Mia say??

Dubz

MIA posted a bunch of tweets that she's in favor of the rioters and she's willing to 'feed them Mars bars to keep them going'. I mean, how stupid can one person be?

It breaks my heart how people lose their homes and businesses built by generations just because some f*cking idiots were bored. I'm listening to the coverage about the 100 years old family owned furniture store being burnt to the ground. This is beyond sad.

P.S. The riots started in Chalk Farm which is literally 15 minutes from my place. I guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 7:39 AM Quote
Mia ia just a fucking idiot, a daft wee lassie who I'm guessing does not understand the actuality of what is happening, A peaceful vigil has been hijacked by scumbags intent on causing trouble, these "rioters" (because they are basically just thieves and criminals) have no interest in the shooting of Mark Duggan, for them it's just an excuse to cause trouble, It happens in Northern Ireland constantly. Also a lot of students who cause trouble at these things are pretty clueless too, they advocate "anarchy" and "smashing the system", kicking against all society before getting a degree growing up and going to work for the vey multi-nationals/society which they protest against. Innocent people's homes, business's and cars are being destroyed here can someone please explain to me how this is beneficial to the cause of Mark Duggan's shooting ??

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 12:52 PM Quote
Yo, Monkey!!

How's the head ??

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 2:23 PM Quote
I was watching a video this morning of some of the riot cleanups. People applauding police as they drive by and trying to better their community after these stupid senseless criminals have tried to destroy it. Restores my faith in humanity. And then the comments underneath are appauling. People blaming the entire plight of a country on immigration. It breaks my heart that there are people in this world so close minded. That all the troubles of the world must be caused by someone just because they are not "one of you."
I'm sure at least 2/3 of these rioters have no idea why they started and are just opportunist assholes. If you saw the video Fran tweeted last night, there was a young guy hurt on the side of the road. While one guy helps him up, another goes through his backpack and steals from him! While he is standing there in shock and pain. How can someone do that? How can they rationalize that it is okay?

The whole thing is just heartbreaking. This is a city and country that I adore.

stay away from meggy!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 3:15 PM Quote
A 26 year old man, who was injured during the riots, died today in the hospital. I really don't know what to say anymore.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 3:23 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Fran tweeted last night, there was a young guy hurt on the side of the road. While one guy helps him up, another goes through his backpack and streals from him! While he is standing there in shock and pain. How can someone do that? How can they rationalize that it is okay?

Footage

I know I tend to get angry and rant about stuff, but I'm not really that angry, I'm just "giving out" as the Irish say, however I'm generally upset and annoyed by this.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 3:55 PM Quote
There are still some human beings in London...

Decency
(novel use for a riot shield)

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 4:05 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
There are still some human beings in London...

Decency
(novel use for a riot shield)

Dubz

:)

For every asshole who thinks they are proving a point with needless violence, there are 10 more who just think "let's go make them some tea."

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 4:14 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Yo, Monkey!!

How's the head ??

Dubz

it's no great pal and i've got work the night. Don't think i will be doing it again anytime soon

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Aug, 2011 9:52 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Yo, Monkey!!

How's the head ??

Dubz

it's no great pal and i've got work the night. Don't think i will be doing it again anytime soon

Ah well bud, does a man good to cut loose noo and again. As long as ye enjoyed it at the time. Hope the head clears soon.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 5:49 PM Quote
yay! my rental application was approved! The lady is on vacay this week so I still need to sign the lease, but should be all systems go! I think I'm going shopping now...

mili
mili Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:06 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
yay! my rental application was approved! The lady is on vacay this week so I still need to sign the lease, but should be all systems go! I think I'm going shopping now...

Congrats!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 7:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Brill news, doesn't seem that long ago that nothing was working out in the UK, now you're "Jobbed-Up" with new Digs. Well Done you.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Aug, 2011 7:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Brill news, doesn't seem that long ago that nothing was working out in the UK, now you're "Jobbed-Up" with new Digs. Well Done you.

Dubz

Evidently I am better at finding work and housing in my homeland.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2011 7:26 PM Quote
After 4 months of nothing I got 2 job interviews invites today. On the same day. Same time. In two different COUNTRIES!!!

Pages Previous 1...136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:34 AM