Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 5:01 PM Quote
Put in a huge shift today including some really messy shit like cleaning grease traps but I've worked hard and earned a beer, probably buy some cans on the way home, drink one and fall asleep haha.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 6:10 PM Quote
I really, really, really wish I could afford a holiday right now. Just to get away for a few days and do stupid, shallow tourist-y stuff...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 6:52 PM Quote
I came back to London today, even more confused about my situation than before. It was so lovely to go to Poland though! Awww, I miss my peeps.

I thought I have everything sorted out, turns out I don't have a clue. Stupid economy doesn't help either.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 7:42 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I really, really, really wish I could afford a holiday right now. Just to get away for a few days and do stupid, shallow tourist-y stuff...

I do, too. You know what I'd really like to be able to do? Rent a beach house this summer and stay for a whole month. Let the kids run in and out with sand on the floor and stay up late and play games and swim and make lemonade and all that stuff.

P.S. It's sunny today and supposed to be sunny tomorrow, too. I've put all the shades up, and though it's only 54ºF, I've opened a few windows, too. Maybe I can get myself out of this funk. Perhaps go for a walk as well.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 10:29 PM Quote
I went to Kelso the day for the horse racing and had an 8/1 winner :)

http://i51.tinypic.com/2my0opv.jpg

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 11:01 PM Quote
Congrats! Cool jacket too.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 12:31 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Congrats! Cool jacket too.

Ditto!

I went to the horse races a few weekends ago, but didn't win a damn thing. Hmm, maybe the fact that I chose the horses based on their names had something to do with it. :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 12:50 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Aww, thanks, you're all peaches.
It's funny though, Anne, that Steve Perry thing wasn't on my list.

But the pillow thing was? Wow, you are making progress. Admitting your problem is the first step.

Ick. I think I just skimmed over it because the thought of a warm pillow was just too repulsive to think about. ;o)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 1:20 AM Quote
Andrew, I'm in shock. Your hair almost looks acceptable!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 1:27 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I kind of miss the muppet hair.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 1:59 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I don't. It really was giving me a headache.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 2:37 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I do, too. You know what I'd really like to be able to do? Rent a beach house this summer and stay for a whole month. Let the kids run in and out with sand on the floor and stay up late and play games and swim and make lemonade and all that stuff.

uh sand gets everywhere..ug it's 80 degrees

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 5:53 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I don't. It really was giving me a headache.

Actually I do miss making fun of it to an extent. But there are plenty of other things to make of so.....

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 10:21 AM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I went to the horse races a few weekends ago, but didn't win a damn thing. Hmm, maybe the fact that I chose the horses based on their names had something to do with it. :)

me too. I out a whole £2 on a horse named Calgary Bay when I was working during the Grand National a few weeks back. Apperently I could have worked during another horse race in a few weeks (june 4th...something Derby? Anyone?). But alas, I will be in Canuckland then.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 05 May, 2011 11:57 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

P.S. It's sunny today and supposed to be sunny tomorrow, too. I've put all the shades up, and though it's only 54ºF, I've opened a few windows, too. Maybe I can get myself out of this funk. Perhaps go for a walk as well.

sigh, a beach house sounds great, I would've loved that kind of a holiday as a kid (would still love it today)... and yes, go for a walk in the sun! :)

Pages Previous 1...105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:31 PM