Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 29 Apr, 2011 8:40 PM Quote
Thanks guys. Well, I don't intend to leave now, I'm not homesick at all and I really didn't expect to feel like it's my home only months after moving here. I lived in Denmark for a year before, moved there without knowing a single soul and loved it (only there new friends came with the house).

As of leaving/staying - I really want to finish my internship (it's meant to last until August but they said they would prefer me to stay until September), the only issue here is that I might not be able to find a second part-time job and couldn't afford it, we'll see how it works out.
I am not dissapointed with London, it's just I can't really picture myself here in, let's say 5 years. I guess I will see what my feelings/ideas will be like in a few months. Warsaw crossed my mind as I have good friends there but they will graduate in a few months (they're one year behind thanks to laziness, 1 year break and finishing other studies, respectively) so they may actually move somewhere too. People never stay places anymore! Or I might try some other place in a far-far-away-land....

I feel like the issue of meeting new people would be the same in every other city/town in the world. People here are really nice but you can't really ask a nice person in the tube to become your new friend, can you? So I need to figure this part out anyway. What I'm sure of, is that I need a place with more sociable flatmates...

Oh, and I don't know if it's the same with other nations, but it's never a good idea to become a part of the 'Polish community' abroad...

Anyway, I'm in Poland now for a dear friend's wedding so YAY!

mili
mili Posted Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:51 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Oh, and I don't know if it's the same with other nations, but it's never a good idea to become a part of the 'Polish community' abroad...

Have fun!!

As for expats, I've rarely been as mortified as when after living in Munich for some months I got spotted by another Finn while reading a Finnish magazine on a local train. He actually spoke to me in Finnish… so I understand you very well.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 30 Apr, 2011 7:29 AM Quote
mili wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Have fun!!

As for expats, I've rarely been as mortified as when after living in Munich for some months I got spotted by another Finn while reading a Finnish magazine on a local train. He actually spoke to me in Finnish… so I understand you very well.

Yup, I've had to deal with an arsehole for ages up until Xmas when I eventually had enough. Funnily enough someone mentioned to me last night "Just because you're both Scottish doesn't automatically make you mates". Seemingly he's gonna kill me if he sees me...

I'm going out to play on the buses today, my bus ticket I get from work has an extra day on it as Monday was a holiday, gonna head for Bray first and might even climb (well walk up) Bray Head. Might stop off in Dun Laoghaire on the way back into town and then head out to Howth, that would be the whole of Dublin Bay covered.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 30 Apr, 2011 1:37 PM Quote
Pictures of today's walk can be found Here

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 30 Apr, 2011 6:13 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

When I was working in Madrid, I was SO glad everyone thought I was Spanish (I don't look German. At all) so I could avoid the German community even when I had to go to a German school for work. (Of course this only worked as long as I didn't say anything. When I did, the Spanish were beyond confused *lol*)

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 01 May, 2011 2:29 AM Quote
Not long home from a 24 hour shift and needing a sleep!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 May, 2011 3:38 PM Quote
I think it has rained every day for the past 2 weeks. I had to turn the furnace back on today. I think the gloom is starting to affect me, as I have spent this morning making a mental list of all my faults and flaws.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 03 May, 2011 4:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I think it has rained every day for the past 2 weeks. I had to turn the furnace back on today. I think the gloom is starting to affect me, as I have spent this morning making a mental list of all my faults and flaws.

That's not good, hope it passes soon. And anyway I think you don't have any faults or flaws, you're awesome.

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 03 May, 2011 6:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That's not good, hope it passes soon. And anyway I think you don't have any faults or flaws, you're awesome.

Dubz

agreed. you're a star

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 May, 2011 7:11 PM Quote
Kayte, go sit under a bright light and play some music that makes you happy. You're great and definitely don't need to make a mental list of all your faults!

P.S. This list, in my opinion, would be quite short. I think your main fault is not understanding the awesomeness that is Steve Perry's voice. And the pillow issue.

P.P.S. Not trying to beat you while you're down though.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 May, 2011 9:21 PM Quote
Aww, thanks, you're all peaches.
It's funny though, Anne, that Steve Perry thing wasn't on my list.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 2:22 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Kayte, go sit under a bright light and play some music that makes you happy. You're great and definitely don't need to make a mental list of all your faults!

P.S. This list, in my opinion, would be quite short. I think your main fault is not understanding the awesomeness that is Steve Perry's voice. And the pillow issue.

P.P.S. Not trying to beat you while you're down though.

It is not a fault to not like Steve Perry .PS

better wash those whites tomorrow

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 5:18 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

You are awesome Kayte! However, I'm not sure you'd do well if you had to live in the Northwest :P We've only had 3 days that the temperature has been over 60 degrees so far this year.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 1:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Aww, thanks, you're all peaches.
It's funny though, Anne, that Steve Perry thing wasn't on my list.

But the pillow thing was? Wow, you are making progress. Admitting your problem is the first step.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 04 May, 2011 2:16 PM Quote
did Kayte scribble in her notes , Hollies > Turtles ?

Pages Previous 1...104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:56 PM