Travis

Re: Love
monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:01 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't think either one of you boys knows what you're talking about. ;o)

oh kayte, we knew that long before this thread!

well what's your advice?. if you were looking for love, what would you want from a bloke?...or girl?. A girl would be hotter

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:05 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Find a nice girl who hopefully shares your interests. Don't play games, call her when you say you will. Let things progress at their own pace.

Check out the girl who is by herself in the corner, not the girl with a drink in her hand giving every man who walks by the eye. The ones who seem less interested or less interesting are probably the ones who are most interested and most interesting. They just take more effort to get to know. They are also the ones looking for someone who isn't a jerk.

They are also the ones who after a few weeks are going to say the three most most terrifying words ever "i love you". have you never seen shutter?

No, is that a movie?
Since the thread title is "love," I assumed that's what he's looking for. But I don't agree, not everyone throws those words around. I also think it's pretty easy to tell who means it and who doesn't.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:15 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
monkey wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Find a nice girl who hopefully shares your interests. Don't play games, call her when you say you will. Let things progress at their own pace.

Check out the girl who is by herself in the corner, not the girl with a drink in her hand giving every man who walks by the eye. The ones who seem less interested or less interesting are probably the ones who are most interested and most interesting. They just take more effort to get to know. They are also the ones looking for someone who isn't a jerk.

They are also the ones who after a few weeks are going to say the three most most terrifying words ever "i love you". have you never seen shutter?

No, is that a movie?
Since the thread title is "love," I assumed that's what he's looking for. But I don't agree, not everyone throws those words around. I also think it's pretty easy to tell who means it and who doesn't.

yea, it's not bad either.
people do throw the words around. there should be a cap on how many people you get to say it to

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:39 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

oh kayte, we knew that long before this thread!

well what's your advice?. if you were looking for love, what would you want from a bloke?...or girl?. A girl would be hotter

God knows I dont have advice. I just know that your's is awful :)
Sorry, girls dont float my boat.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:46 AM Quote
I don't know, maybe it gets more difficult as the years go by. If being previously hurt makes you afraid of being loved or loving someone, but you're also afraid of not being loved...that's a problem.

I guess my own experience isn't typical.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:55 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't know, maybe it gets more difficult as the years go by. If being previously hurt makes you afraid of being loved or loving someone, but you're also afraid of not being loved...that's a problem.

that's about the gist of it.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 2:01 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

yep

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 2:02 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

double post

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 5:03 AM Quote
I basically agree with everything you've said, Kayte. I think you need your own advice column like Dear Abby. Shall I ask my editor? "Dear Kayte"? :) I like it.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 9:59 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

yep

x2... I think that's a pretty common thing though, you get hurt and then you start blaming the whole opposite sex or/and yourself for the bad experiences you've had.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:23 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
They are also the ones looking for someone who isn't a jerk.

That would be me. Therefore, I will be single forever.

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:03 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Errhm this is going to sound very desperate and I don't like it :P

I'm just looking for some advice, I know there are some people around with more experience than me :)

The thing is that I've through my 24 years have pretty much tried every approach I know with different girls.
It just never works out, I don't seem to have what anyone is looking for. I have even come to the point that I've decided that "love just isn't for me"... I have given up on it, but I can't help thinking: "what if I'm doing something wrong?", but the fact is that I'm doing nothing now.... Everyone else have happy experiences from love, but I have none :(

What am I going to do? Is there someone for everyone or am I cursed to be a loner?!

Cheers!

well I think many people (myself included) at some point in our lives we have felt the same as you "love just isn't for me" and we have questioned, "I'll be doing things right??"....but ... in my opinion, I feel that each stage ... at age 18, at 24, at 30 to 32 (in my case ).... and in the following ... the "love" have reserved some very special and different things: lonely moments, times when these together (but nothing serious), times when these together and it is very serious, a time when there breaks and want to return to loneliness .... There is no magic formula or perfect advice I could give on this topic ... I can only say based on my experience that always ....doesn't matter what ... there will be someone willing to love you so and so as you are ...how many time takes to find eachother... for me is what makes this more difficult love affair ....
;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 2:53 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

And if you believe that everyone are jerks than maybe that will be the result.

Maybe we need to be a bit more open and less judgemental and be willing to take some risks.. With that in mind that doesn't mean that you should throw yourself in the arms of the first person that pays you any attention... I've just done some thinking and come to the conclusion that my problem is that I'm always a step ahead of everything and judge people without actually giving them the chance to prove me wrong. Even if you've been hurt you must come to a point where you let it go and losen up a bit. If you walk around with a bulletproof west, you'll lose so much and not only love.

Maybe I'm just rambeling, I dunno.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 3:56 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

And if you believe that everyone are jerks than maybe that will be the result.

I think it's actually the opposite. I'm always really positive about people and try to see the good things in them and defend them even if they're mean and they always, always turn out to be jerks.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 4:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
jerks.

sing this to them

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times UTC Current Time 10:42 AM