Travis

I feel a little strange today
CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 6:03 PM Quote
I feel a mixture of sadness, anger and frustration ...
Today in a few hours I will have to untie a worker of the company where I work.
To be honest is not the first time I do (I work in human resources and this is definitely the part least pleasant of my duties)and always, always is very difficult to do it.
But in this case is even more difficult, since they are not dismissing it for not being a good employee or business needs. They are firing is that the boss will bring to work the next week her daughter's boyfriend.
This worker is a single father has 3 children, two in the university, 1 still in school... is 53 years old and excellent worker with good evaluations...but I know it will be hard for him to find work, as in the Chilean labor market usually is the age at recruitment to the 45 years ...
uuufffff .... .... nothing more to say simply:
Things should not be so ..... that unfair!

:(

Re: I feel a little strange today
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 6:17 PM Quote
Is this legal?

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 6:25 PM Quote
i think you should tell him to contact the labour department

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 6:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Is this legal?

Unfortunately yes, because "the boyfriend of the daughter" "is a comment that he (the boss) made to his secretary and trusted workers. So far is only a single comment. To realize the income to the company of her daughter's boyfriend, that this was illegal would have to demonstrate the link ... which is a bit difficult and takes time to gather evidence and that sort of thing ....

so sad as you see....

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 6:35 PM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:
i think you should tell him to contact the labour department

I will definitely order to tell all he can do once outside the company ... I'll give all the guidance he need, for sure!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 16 Apr, 2010 12:46 PM Quote
This is awful! :-( and makes me sad for you! It would be a different thing if he was lacking in his job or doing something wrong - but like this! Grrrrr

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Fri 16 Apr, 2010 3:32 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
This is awful! :-( and makes me sad for you! It would be a different thing if he was lacking in his job or doing something wrong - but like this! Grrrrr

Thank you for your words ...
.. and yes ... sadly it was very sad to inform the decision of his boss.
I offered my help and my advice. I've the intend to place him in a program of disengagement (where I'll help him find a new job) as soon as possible.
It was definitely sad to spend today for your workplace
:(

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:48 AM