Travis

Re: Vancouver 2/12/2010
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:15 PM Quote
Uh, that hockey game was ridiculous. I just happened to catch it in between classes at my friends house and we couldn't believe we were scoring so much.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:28 PM Quote

NEW WORLD NEW WORLD NEW WORLD !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:48 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Shush about Lindsay, she's adorable.

Why thank you swede boy :P

I caught part of the first period here at work and when I saw it was 6-0, I figured we were in pretty good shape for a win. Sorry Mili. Kristy, I will be cheering for Canada to win tonight so we will be able to beat you twice for the gold:)

Dems fightin words!
dont mess with a Canadian when it comes to hockey. it is more than a sport to us. It's all we have, really.

The Queen of sweden is at the curling match. I seem to remember thinking she was cool when I toured the palace. Alex, is she cool?

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:09 AM Quote
Oh dear.

Lets hope the Men's Hockey don't screw up like the curlers. Shocking.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:21 AM Quote
10 minutes! eeeeek.

Keeping busy setting up at Etsy page so that I don't puke. Russia game has 10.5 million viewers. Bet this one is even higher. Slovakia beat Russia and Sweden. I dont think it will be a cake walk.
oh, where is it? can't forget to eat my donut!

Aww, thanks Brian William. The NBC anchor wrote us a little letter.

Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor
After tonight's broadcast and after looting our hotel mini-bars, we're going to try to brave the blizzard and fly east to home and hearth, and to do laundry well into next week. Before we leave this thoroughly polite country, the polite thing to do is leave behind a thank-you note.

Thank you, Canada:

For being such good hosts.

For your unfailing courtesy.

For your (mostly) beautiful weather.

For scheduling no more than 60 percent of your float plane departures at the exact moment when I was trying to say something on television.

For not seeming to mind the occasional (or constant) good-natured mimicry of your accents.

For your unique TV commercials -- for companies like Tim Hortons -- which made us laugh and cry [Kristy's note. There is a new Tim's commercial that makes me bawl like a baby].

For securing this massive event without choking security, and without publicly displaying a single automatic weapon.

For having the best garment design and logo-wear of the games -- you've made wearing your name a cool thing to do.

For the sportsmanship we saw most of your athletes display.

For not honking your horns. I didn't hear one car horn in 15 days -- which also means none of my fellow New Yorkers rented cars while visiting.

For making us aware of how many of you have been watching NBC all these years.

For having the good taste to have an anchorman named Brian Williams on your CTV network, who turns out to be such a nice guy.

For the body scans at the airport which make pat-downs and cavity searches unnecessary.

For designing those really cool LED Olympic rings in the harbor, which turned to gold when your athletes won one.

For always saying nice things about the United States...when you know we're listening.

For sharing Joannie Rochette with us.

For reminding some of us we used to be a more civil society.

Mostly, for welcoming the world with such ease and making lasting friends with all of us.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:54 AM Quote
Why can't BBC stick with one fucking sport. I don't give a sh!t about the heats for the 500m skating, leave the fucking hockey on.

Dubz

eta Canada just scored

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 2:58 AM Quote
Dubz, I dont know if it works outside of Canada, but you can try www.ctv.ca/olympics
they have streaming video of all events. Click on 'live results'

and JESUS that made me nervous. I dont have butterflies in my stomach. I have butterflies in my whole body.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:01 AM Quote
Has that settled you ??

possible floodgates opening ??

Dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:02 AM Quote
BBC2 have it live or you can watch online Dubz.

I love 3am hockey. Halak is pooping his pampers.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:04 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Has that settled you ??

no! I will be settled at about 6pm EST Sunday evening when we have a gold medal. Until then, a flock (or whatever a whole bunch of butterflies are called) are circulating throughout my body.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:11 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Has that settled you ??

no! I will be settled at about 6pm EST Sunday evening when we have a gold medal. Until then, a flock (or whatever a whole bunch of butterflies are called) are circulating throughout my body.

It's a Swarm or a Rabble of Butterflies, (I like Rabble) according to this site

Darran, Yeah have it on BBC2 they were just cutting across to Ice Skating earlier, Have to agree 3am Hockey is cool might even open a beer.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:13 AM Quote
For intermission viewing, my 2 favourite olympic hockey commericals. This being Canada, there are about 10 different ones on right now...

coke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vYFIufNoBo
Nike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbbQs9filWY

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:26 AM Quote
YEAH! We just got a gold and bronze in that aformentioned men's 500m speed skating! Good thing Charles Hamelin won gold, his girlfriend already has 2 medals this Olympics. Crazy final. Bodies flying. And he's adorable.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:27 AM Quote
Gold again for Canada in the 500m

Dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2010 3:29 AM Quote
That was good from the BBC for once this Olympics as most of their coverage has been utterly pathetic.

Over to the live Speed Skating Final to watch a cheating Yank getting DQ'd and a Canadian win.

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Times UTC Current Time 3:39 AM