Travis

Re: oooohhh
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 8:52 AM Quote
HOLY COW!!!

A solo album by Fran Healy!!!!!!! Honestly I'm in shock... I love Fran, I love Travis but... solo album?? I didn't expect it, it was just one of my madness dreams and now... today.... is becoming true... anyways, I've always been supporting Travis and I'll support Fran in his solo album!!

I just hope to see him on stage in Mexico City!! °v°

joss
joss Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 9:02 AM Quote
W? ok- word, world, wood, wild, who, why, which, when, whistler, wine, waste, wanted, William, whole, winter, wicker, wooden torch, whanever, Wietnam, wonderwall, weird, whoopy...oh, I am not from England. We play game?:)

joss
joss Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 9:04 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
HOLY COW!!!

A solo album by Fran Healy!!!!!!! Honestly I'm in shock... I love Fran, I love Travis but... solo album?? I didn't expect it, it was just one of my madness dreams and now... today.... is becoming true... anyways, I've always been supporting Travis and I'll support Fran in his solo album!!

I just hope to see him on stage in Mexico City!! °v°

REALLLY? IT' FANATIC FANTASTIC!:)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 10:09 AM Quote
kdough20 wrote:
It's a nice way to start the new year off. Oh, and Brown Teddy is adorable!

hahah and what about Brown Eddy? :)

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 10:25 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Holy cow!!!!

My thoughts exactly!
I spend one day away from the Internet and this happens, lol. I can't sleep either, and it's 3:52 am.

YES! exactly. I vowed not to use the computer this weekend, but today I thought I'd better check on my emails once more before I turn off our internet connection... and then I read Kristy's post in the G-board. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:25 PM Quote
Oooooooooooooooooh Holy shit. Wtf. Its like one of those dreams. Am i real. Is this real. Oooooooooooh looks like it is. Now im seeing Fran promoting his album is tiny intimate settings.... Cosy. :-0

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 4:59 PM Quote
While the news makes me a teeny, tiny bit nervous about the future of Travis, I am SUPER excited to hear Fran's solo album!! I wish him all the luck in the world. I'm sure it's amazing...like everything he does.

Let's face it, we've been pretty spoiled the past few years as Travis fans with Ode coming out SO quick. It was a long wait between TIB and 12 Memories and also between 12 Memories and TBWNN. I think a break might be good for the band. But not TOO long. ;) I still want more Travis! You promised 12 albums, Fran. :P Remember?

I think my FB status update really says it all: "If someone asked me to pick my two favorite musicians to collaborate on a song together I'd say, "Fran Healy from Travis and Paul McCartney...duh!" AND GUESS WHAT?!!? THEY'RE DOING A SONG TOGETHER! This news fills me with joy. :D"

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 5:26 PM Quote
This is very shocking! Fran has been dropping hints for months it seems and I know I didn't even notice. I guess some good things do come unexpected. I don't beleive this will be the demise of Travis and hopefully new material from them won't be too far away. I can understand with their families and stuff it becomes busy (and they don't want to keep leaving them) and I always wait patiently. But they definately aren't over yet. I wish you best of luck with this new endeavor in this new year Fran. A very happy 2010 already. New Music, YAY!!! xx

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 7:30 PM Quote
Ah, all sussed. I don't really get why people are nervous about Fran making an album. It's just the same as Thom Yorke, who continued with Radiohead straight after. As much as I love Travis, I hope this is different to a Travis record. The last couple of albums haven't excited me the same. Looking forward to hearing something new.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 8:03 PM Quote
I think Fran has said it is different with 'Holiday' being the closest to Travis ( unless I have misinterpreted , in which case I stand to be corrected!)

I think this move is great for Fran but will be ultimately just as great for Travis . I expect there will be more than one album .

I have high hopes and wish Fran every success :)

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 12:19 AM Quote
Wonderful news! ;D At first I was really shocked because I didn't see it coming but I'm definitely looking forward to Fran's solo album! :D Wee! Can't wait. I love both Holiday and As It Comes. But hopefully this doesn't mean that we'll have to wait too many years for a new Travis album :P And also, won't Travis be touring this year? Will Fran be touring on his own? :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 12:26 AM Quote
Boo-hoo! I missed all the fun :o(. But you all have saved me the hard work puzzling out ;o). I don't know why but I'm not nervous AT ALL, I just think this is very excting and I can't wait to get the album. I like this way Fran is taking a holiday from Travis, there's nothing better for him and for us than writing new song on his own... this doesn't mean I won't miss the other guys, of course! But I totally support this new project :o).

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 1:49 AM Quote
Aww, crap! I missed it too, but what exciting news!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 2:10 AM Quote
Yeah I've been enjoying my vacation in Vermont and read this thread last night after the site had been discovered. I enjoyed reading all of Fran's postings.

I am very very excited about this! To quote Fran from the Frandy tour: PAUL F**KING MCCARTNEY!!!!

And what a lovely thank you to go vegetarian.

I look forward to buying Wreckorder. Love the name and excited getting to hear some of Fran's writing without the Travis "baggage."

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 3:38 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Ah, all sussed. I don't really get why people are nervous about Fran making an album. It's just the same as Thom Yorke, who continued with Radiohead straight after.

I agree, that's right. :)

Somewhere Else wrote:
I expect there will be more than one album.

Maybe, but i think this is just a one off thing for the moment. Maybe in 8 years time he'll bring out a second solo album but i think he'll be back writing for Travis very soon. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if he already is back writing for Travis. Or maybe he never stopped writing for Travis and the songs on this album are just songs he feels aren't "Travis".

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:27 AM