Travis

Re: oooohhh
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:10 AM Quote
Obviously i have mixed feelings but i think it could be a very good thing for the band, and for Fran himself. Fran is the band's main song writer and it seems as if this has been good for him. He says it's taken the pressure of him and he feels he has more freedom. This could be good for Travis. :)

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:10 AM Quote
I don't think this means the end of Travis at all. He just needed a break - which is perfectly understandable after all.
Anyway, looking forward to hearing his album and did you notice there is a track available to download? :)

holidaydemo

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:10 AM Quote
So in summary:
It seems that Fran spent the autumn making a solo album, which has now been recorded, mixed, cut and basically finished. So Fran has his own solo album on CD, waiting to distribute to the wider world!
And you should buy Wild Beasts' album.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:12 AM Quote
Nell wrote:

fran annouced this a while ago - but also said he wouldn't leave travis..so there's travis and there's fran..

I'll stick to that promise.
Ooh man! what a way to start the new year!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:13 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Stop being so neg!!! Theres no divorce just a great happening - this is great news - Travis on holiday!! FRan at the grind heehee Yeahhh

yeap, is not exactly being negative, it's just that would be really sad, but as a holiday from Travis looks interesting and great.

Does Franhealy.com will have a Board? haha just joking on this. But as a Solo album will you be touring the whole world? Would be great to go to a Fran gig.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:13 AM Quote
ayana wrote:
I don't think this means the end of Travis at all. He just needed a break - which is perfectly understandable after all.
Anyway, looking forward to hearing his album and did you notice there is a track available to download? :)

holidaydemo

Just in case you haven't heard it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YXdvPV_hk

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:13 AM Quote
Read the 'Holiday' post. April tour almost didnt happen.

Fran, I'm sorry it took you away from your boy for so long, but thank you for doing it. And thank you Andy for fighting for it. It meant the ABC in Chicago could happen. it made a bunch of crazy boardies very happy and truely was a highlight of 2009 and a memory that will last a lifetime.

oh, and Fran, photobooth pics are always supposed to involve a kiss! You and Emery work on that next time :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:15 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Stop being so neg!!! Theres no divorce just a great happening - this is great news - Travis on holiday!! FRan at the grind heehee Yeahhh

People aren't being negative. They're just nervous, and that's understandable.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:18 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

People aren't being negative. They're just nervous, and that's understandable.

of course! I'm freaking nervous! lol
but, one way or another, these are great news...
can't wait!

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:19 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Just in case you haven't heard it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YXdvPV_hk

oh great, thanks! :) didn't know about that one.
guess i've spent too much time away...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:19 AM Quote
I'm sorry if I sounded negative. It's just...every time I find a hair dresser I like, she leaves; every time I find a food I like, they stop making it; every time I find a pair of jeans that fit, the company re-styles them. I'm the kiss of death for good things.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:19 AM Quote
ya raed that too, gave me quite of a shock to be honest.
but it's understandable..i mean being away from his family for so long...

but i am too glad that he did it (props to andy), and i hope none the less that the main focus will be travis after all.
but i'm reaaaally really really extremly looking forward to his solo record - to both records....

very excited evening..and, if i may add, a quite vivid board at this hour of day..erm night :D
(ok not for all of us..)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:21 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm sorry if I sounded negative. It's just...every time I find a hair dresser I like, she leaves; every time I find a food I like, they stop making it; every time I find a pair of jeans that fit, the company re-styles them. I'm the kiss of death for good things.

hahaha! you should kiss my bad luck hahaha

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:22 AM Quote
Well, now it will be "Hey it's Travis on a Band called Fran Healy!"

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:23 AM Quote
So, Holiday and As It Comes are Fran Healy songs, not Travis songs. :) "Wreckorder" has been mixed and cut. How very, very exciting. Big shock, great excitement! :)

ayana wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

oh great, thanks! :) didn't know about that one.
guess i've spent too much time away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefs-Bd7Yv8 ;) Another song that Fran mentions on his website. :)

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:10 AM