Travis

Re: oooohhh
Cricket
Cricket Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 6:32 AM Quote
And thank you for letting Andy convince you to do the US tour. I would have never gotten to see you all live for the first time and that is a memory I shall hold close to me forever.

Things always work out as they are meant to in the end. A life on the road is a difficult one and as a fan, I thank you for gracing me with the presence of your live performance.

Fran wrote:
I was glad Andy "strongarmed" me into the US tour. As I explained, I had run out of energy by the end of 2008 with ilness and missing Clay. If you came to see the US tour then you would have noted that I had recharged my batteries. Lets get this straight. Touring is hard. Has always been hard. Will always be hard.. for every band. The Beatles stopped touring altogether... but it is also fantastic and will always be fantastic.
Amandabug wrote:
I was a little upset reading his entries, esp. the one about Holiday. Mostly I was upset that Fran really didn't want to tour and was strong-armed into it. Ideally I'd like to think that every time Travis tours, it's because all four of them really wanted to do it. I wonder though, if Fran wanted a long break, why did he agree to two tours in one year -- the full band tour in the spring and the acoustic tour in the fall?

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 11:03 AM Quote
melissam3173 wrote:
I am scared to say too much cos I feel like some things said on here are taken the wrong way... :0/

Don't let other people stop you from posting. Just say what you feel, if people don't like it then that's tough :-)

Personally, I don't see what the fuss is about - Fran's making a solo album, no-one's died.

clatter
clatter Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 3:52 PM Quote
I'm so late to the party...

Solo Fran? Fantastic! Why not? What fun.

+1 to the touring is hard thing. Until you do it, you have no idea...

Oskari
Oskari Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 6:20 PM Quote
Frans going solo??!?!?

Haven't been here for a while...for a year or so.. Now that I finally came here, something like this gonna happen or has.. CanĀ“t wait for the new material, cos I know he'll do "just fine" :P

Go Fran!

Gypsy
Gypsy Posted Thu 07 Jan, 2010 12:44 AM Quote
Sounds good to me - nice surprise :]

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 07 Jan, 2010 6:48 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Monica wrote:
Travis are very important to all of us here, but if Fran has decided to take a break from the band, we have to respect it. Am I the only one who wasn't worried about this fact?

I wasn't worried and I'm still not. I think we've been taken aback by finding out that life as a Travis member isn't actually like living in a fairytale like we all thought but once the news sinks in it will be completely normal. After all, there are many frontmen releasing solo albums without feeling the need to start some terrible schism in their band.

Totally agree ;)

melissa
melissa Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 4:16 AM Quote
great!!

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 12:20 AM Quote
Hey guys.

I can understand the worry when one of your favorite artists says he is going solo but here is some good news. :) I spoke with the guys in NY after a performance and Fran and Andy both told me the plan was too record in Nashville this year so lets stop talking about the band breaking up or dying etc etc. Fran was in great spirits when he performed that night and was so nice to all of us to stayed to talk to him (thanks Fran). If these shows were just obligation, they just would have left after the show. Sometimes artists just need a change of pace to the creative process to recharge batteries (aka acoustic tour and solo record). God bless you Fran for all of the work that you do. I know its hard with a family and priorities change. I would think less of Fran if he abandoned his son and wife completely to things that the band has already done several times. Travis will be back with more music...until we hear of the demise from them there is no reason to worry.

Swan

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 4:01 AM Quote
Swan269 wrote:
Hey guys.

I can understand the worry when one of your favorite artists says he is going solo but here is some good news. :) I spoke with the guys in NY after a performance and Fran and Andy both told me the plan was too record in Nashville this year so lets stop talking about the band breaking up or dying etc etc. Fran was in great spirits when he performed that night and was so nice to all of us to stayed to talk to him (thanks Fran). If these shows were just obligation, they just would have left after the show. Sometimes artists just need a change of pace to the creative process to recharge batteries (aka acoustic tour and solo record). God bless you Fran for all of the work that you do. I know its hard with a family and priorities change. I would think less of Fran if he abandoned his son and wife completely to things that the band has already done several times. Travis will be back with more music...until we hear of the demise from them there is no reason to worry.

Swan

Like :)

Well said.....

scottishnicholl
scottishnicholl Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 2:30 PM Quote
Yay - exciting news! I'm really looking forward to the solo album. I think that it is very important for everyone to be able to do their own thing every now and then - musicians included :) It can only be a good thing for Fran and the rest of Travis

elmfai
elmfai Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:39 AM Quote
because I wanted a break from Travis
You think you need a Holiday?!

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] All Times BST Current Time 5:41 AM