Travis

Re: oooohhh
melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 5:17 PM Quote
Yea and like he said on the tour he has a diary full of songs. Maybe these are the songs he felt were more for him and not the band. I am sure no matter what he does it will be fabulous!

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 6:53 PM Quote
I think Fran's album is good news. It's better than hearing they split or something. I'm looking forward to listening to the album and see him playing in Madrid :)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 7:23 PM Quote
wow. i haven't been online for like three days and now i come here to find the news. i have to say i didn't expect this. but of course i am very much looking forward to fran's solo album and - hopefully - tour :) it all sounds really interesting!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 7:59 PM Quote
WOW!! The above comments could've been written by me, I feel the same way, Sarah. Well, I need some time to take it all in...

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 8:09 PM Quote
I think maybe Fran wants to release a solo album because he might feel the songs he wrote are more 'personal'...I mean, his way of life, family...and they're not the right ones for a new Travis album.

Leia
Leia Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 8:38 PM Quote
Great news though rather unexpected (for me at least)! Can't wait to hear the new album, it must be wonderful. And I'm looking forward to new Travis songs (or am I asking too much?) ;)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 9:02 PM Quote
A very exciting 2010 ahead indeed :0)!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 04 Jan, 2010 12:08 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Ah, all sussed. I don't really get why people are nervous about Fran making an album. It's just the same as Thom Yorke, who continued with Radiohead straight after.

I agree, that's right. :)

Somewhere Else wrote:
I expect there will be more than one album.

Maybe, but i think this is just a one off thing for the moment. Maybe in 8 years time he'll bring out a second solo album but i think he'll be back writing for Travis very soon. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if he already is back writing for Travis. Or maybe he never stopped writing for Travis and the songs on this album are just songs he feels aren't "Travis".

Yes that is me just speculating , a dangerous pastime ...:)

On the speculative front though I think your right ; some songs will suit Travis and some will probably have a better 'fit' on a solo album .

Fran
Fran Posted Mon 04 Jan, 2010 11:42 PM Quote
Just a thought but all my songs are my songs. Travis perform them. That's the way it has always been. The only difference with this album is that Travis is not performing them.

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 12:15 AM Quote
Exactly.
But then the question arises; why did you choose not to perform them with Travis? (Do not think I wouldn't approve a solo album of yours, cause I very much do)
Is it the thrill of kinda have control over really everything or is it the joy to work with some new people for a while?...Time management?...?

(Okay, this is really what's just bumping into my mind at 1am; cause I really am forward to listening to your record)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 12:36 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Just a thought but all my songs are my songs. Travis perform them. That's the way it has always been. The only difference with this album is that Travis is not performing them.

I think ( just think..) that might answer my question on whether some will be my favourite songs :) ...speculation of course ! although I am getting 'sledge' with 'sleigh' mixed up at the momement so don't quote me!

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 1:45 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

not taking anything away from the band but....Well said :)

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 4:01 AM Quote
I was a little upset reading his entries, esp. the one about Holiday. Mostly I was upset that Fran really didn't want to tour and was strong-armed into it. Ideally I'd like to think that every time Travis tours, it's because all four of them really wanted to do it. I wonder though, if Fran wanted a long break, why did he agree to two tours in one year -- the full band tour in the spring and the acoustic tour in the fall?

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 1:24 PM Quote
Amandabug wrote:
I was a little upset reading his entries, esp. the one about Holiday. Mostly I was upset that Fran really didn't want to tour and was strong-armed into it. Ideally I'd like to think that every time Travis tours, it's because all four of them really wanted to do it. I wonder though, if Fran wanted a long break, why did he agree to two tours in one year -- the full band tour in the spring and the acoustic tour in the fall?

He didn't want to because he gave some fairly valid reasons - dont you think? Fran loves his fans , loves touring , he was just bushed and unwell! - Never had a sicky Amanda?!

Its brought about progress and I think his honesty is to be admired as well. We would always want the truth wouldn't we ? , not some pathetic reason that we would all know was just to pacify us. Not his style.

I admire you also for saying what you feel but I do think you are misguided. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 1:38 PM Quote
Amandabug wrote:

Do you feel 100% happy and positive every single moment when you are about to take on a huge endeavor? Especially when it's one that will take you away from your family after you've been sick? I think your ideal image of how Fran and the rest of the band for that matter should act and feel is fantasy. He is a grown man and ultimately made an informed decision to do the tours. Just because he had some blah feelings while making the decision doesn't mean he didn't enjoy the tours. Though again realistically I am sure he had up and down moments. It's called being human.

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:59 PM