Travis

Re: FINAL UPDATE - UNSECRET SANTA Christmas Exchange: THE EN
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Hey juli, did you get the scarf ok too?!?!

Ummm, what scarf???? *Confused*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:29 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Moray wrote:
Hey juli, did you get the scarf ok too?!?!

Ummm, what scarf???? *Confused*

uh oh.
we seem to have a Christmas mystery, folks.

Moray and Juli and the Case of the Missing Scarf.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:51 PM Quote
Oh no! I'd put in a woolen Urquhart family tartan scarf, which was your main Christmas present. The book was only secondary to the scarf. Did the package look like it had been opened by customs?! I'd also put in chocolate orange sweets as your candy gift. Half of your present may have gone missing. :(

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:00 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
Oh no! I'd put in a woolen Urquhart family tartan scarf, which was your main Christmas present. The book was only secondary to the scarf. Did the package look like it had been opened by customs?! I'd also put in chocolate orange sweets as your candy gift. Half of your present may have gone missing. :(

Oooh, someone must have stolen the scarf and the chocolates! That really sucks! :(

Beautiful presents everyone!!! They all look lovely!!! I haven't opened mine yet, I'm waiting until Moo gets hers :) .

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:45 AM Quote
Moray wrote:

:o(

Moray and I just talked on Facebook and got to the conclusion that the parcel was opened and the scarf and the candy were stolen. The parcel didn't look like it had been opened, but the red envelope of the card was open. I thought Moray had probably opened it after sealing it, but he didn't. So they went through the whole thing.
Honestly, isn't this stooping too low??? Opening a package and stealing chocolates and a scarf?!

I'm still very happy with the book & the card, though. Thank you for everything, Moray!!!

Edit: And at least we know that whoever did this has a very poor taste in music :oP.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 1:57 AM Quote
What a low-down, dirty rotten thing for someone to do! Seriously, to go through someone's mail and steal Christmas presents...what a jerk.

Very unfortunate, but I hope this won't sour either one of you on future exchanges.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 10:05 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
What a low-down, dirty rotten thing for someone to do! Seriously, to go through someone's mail and steal Christmas presents...what a jerk.

Very unfortunate, but I hope this won't sour either one of you on future exchanges.

I agree with her. That must have been one dirty hell of an arse.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:20 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Moray wrote:

:o(

Moray and I just talked on Facebook and got to the conclusion that the parcel was opened and the scarf and the candy were stolen. The parcel didn't look like it had been opened, but the red envelope of the card was open. I thought Moray had probably opened it after sealing it, but he didn't. So they went through the whole thing.
Honestly, isn't this stooping too low??? Opening a package and stealing chocolates and a scarf?!

WHAT??????????
WHAT????????????????

What a dirty filthy louse of a thief!! I mean, who would steal Christmas pressies!!?? ... Grrrrr....

http://casualhardcore.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/angry-puppy.jpg

Let's hope they lost the scarf and a homeless person found it.

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:49 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I was unable to get a "copy image location" on the large pictures, only the smaller preview pictures. That's why mine are small, too.

can't you (and Anne *ahem*) upload them somewhere else (e.g. on photobucket?)? *sigh* I'd love to see that snowball and the turtle, but even with my glasses on I can't really see them :( (oh yes, I SO need new glasses)...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Dec, 2009 12:06 AM Quote
I had some time on my hands...okay, I had A LOT of time on my hands. I'm bored out of my skull. So in trying to keep my brain and hands occupied, I photographed Hanne's lovely crocheted heart over various light sources.
This one is my favourite, I think.

http://i48.tinypic.com/312iyhc.jpg

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 27 Dec, 2009 8:01 AM Quote
Sorry if its late, but here is what I received from my partner Elodie from Lyon, France:

The package:http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/P1030465.jpg

A handwritten note and CD:http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/P1030467.jpg

And a calendar of the city:http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/P1030468.jpg

Thanks again for everything Elodie!

I also received a package from my candy exchange partner Lucia from Argentina:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/P1030466.jpg

Lovely wrapping paper:
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/P1030470.jpg

Inside was some candy, a gringo/Argentine dictionary, and a lovely scarf:
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/P1030471.jpg

Thanks again to Lucia! I felt so bad that the candy never made it to her. It must have been the same people who took the scarf and chocalate that Moray sent Juli. Thankfully the package I sent to her for Christmas arrived safely. Thanks to Eldoie, Lucia, and Lilly for being the elf.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 27 Dec, 2009 3:57 PM Quote
So, I finally got home from my parents' house and was able to open my package from Minnmess :D I couldn't bring it there for Christmas since I had so many other presents to bring, but now...

I have to admit something; I was so excited that I just ripped it open without taking a picture first. Oops. However, I did remember to take a picture of the contents before eating some of the candy which I'm doing right now :)

My present from my unsecret Santa this year were some absolutely lovely homemade Christmas ornaments - I've never seen a gingerbread mountie before! - some Canadian mittens to support the olympic team and some candy. Thank you sooo much Kristy!! :D

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/Hanne_C/Xmas2010.jpg

Btw, I love the picture of the heart over that light. I wish I had a gift for making pictures like that :)

I have another thing to admit, btw... My hands are really, really big so the mittens are a bit small. But I'll try and see if I can find a friend with smaller hands ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Dec, 2009 4:10 PM Quote
Im glad you like it. Sorry the mittens are too small!

I have a pair and they do stretch, so maybe they will work after all, or yes, pass them along. To someone cold. Maybe a kind looking homeless person. One that looks like they would enjoy Canada.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 28 Dec, 2009 9:44 PM Quote
AHHHH!!!
got my parcel!!!!!!!!!
I'm soooooooooooooo happy! Today is MY Christmas day! xD
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, WENDS!

Pics soon :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 28 Dec, 2009 11:25 PM Quote
Ugh. Not this thread.