Travis

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa thread
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 5:24 PM Quote
you get your wish dubz woo hoo

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 5:57 PM Quote
Yay! Go Uruguay and Mexico! Both teams deserve it.
Dubz, I completely agree on what you say about France. It's clear the whole team has internal issues that need to be solved.

I'm extremely nervous about the game this afternoon (tonight for people on the other side of the world). Sure, we're doing fine so far, but anything can happen. I've been having dreams about it and everything, haha.

Oh, and what's the deal with the referee in the Brazil vs Côte d'Ivoire game the other day?? TERRIBLE!!!

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 7:05 PM Quote
France will survive.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 8:04 PM Quote
Vamo' Argentina!! I want to see Messi score once and for all :)

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy for my national team's (Uruguay) performance so far.
In the first game they were too respectful of France, then they gained confidence at South Africa's expense.

This World Cup turned out to be quite special. I'm glad I've been able to experience some historical moments. Since 1990 up until the game against the hosts, Uruguay hadn't won a World Cup match and the last time we won by a similar score difference was like 56 years ago, so these guys will return home as heroes, no matter what. Yes, football is a really big deal where I come from ;)

I have to admit, I enjoyed the games a lot more when Uruguay wasn't taking part. I had forgotten just how nerve-racking it can be. The whole country has been at a standstill and everybody celebrates the victory as if we had actually won something...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 8:26 PM Quote
I completely understand what you mean, Ana!
I'm very glad you're doing so well, and like I said, I'm not looking forward to playing against Uruguay any time soon, lol.
I'm dying here. DYING. Plus I'm at work and there are some female co-workers here who never ever watch a football game unless Argentina is playing, and they are screaming all-the-time in situations that show they don't have a clue of what's going on, and they yell "goal" before you can tell what's gonna happen... ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! They're getting on my nerves!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 9:34 PM Quote
AGUANTE ARGENTINA CARAJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martín Palermo, I love you so, so much. He scored with his right foot!!! Hahaha, brilliant. Palermo = Magia.

And Demichelis made up for that stupid mistake he did in the previous game.

:oD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 9:58 PM Quote
And I know what you mean, Juli! I can't stand it when people talk about something they know nothing about... in this case, football. Women like that make the rest of us look bad, then men feel they have a right to shut us up if we want to discuss a game. I mean, I'm no expert but I realise when I have a good point to make or else, I stop talking! As we would say in Spanish, "ahora todos se suben al carro".

Anyways, CONGRATS to all the Argentinian boardies!! Football is an amazing sport, Demichelis got a chance to redeem himself and Palermo appeared exactly when he was needed.

Good luck to Mexico in the next round! We'll try to maintain our dignity facing South Korea :)

mushaboom
mushaboom Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:27 AM Quote
hey! look what i found!!! if Messi is able to do what he wants if Argentina wins the world cup, then ahmm he puts me in a hard situation!:p

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 3:23 PM Quote
Sorry France.

Domenach (sp?) is an arse he has proved himself to be several times, the French team conducted themselves with no decorum and airing their dirty linen in public was not a good idea.

Maybe with Laurent Blanc in charge there will be big changes onwards and upwards for les blues, best of luck.

Nice to see Mexico, South Korea and Uruguay go through. I can see Uruguay progressing but Mexico have Argentina so...

Dubz

c'mon Slovenia

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 5:06 PM Quote
Fuck Beans

Dubz

elfy
elfy Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 6:03 PM Quote
YES!!! Well done USA, the People's Champions top group C and deservedly so.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 6:26 PM Quote
YAY LANDON!!!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 7:05 PM Quote
Hey look, I found Algeria on a map!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs181.snc4/37380_441944553407_666848407_6028216_3608790_n.jpg

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 7:06 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
And I know what you mean, Juli! I can't stand it when people talk about something they know nothing about... in this case, football. Women like that make the rest of us look bad, then men feel they have a right to shut us up if we want to discuss a game. I mean, I'm no expert but I realise when I have a good point to make or else, I stop talking! As we would say in Spanish, "ahora todos se suben al carro".

Anyways, CONGRATS to all the Argentinian boardies!! Football is an amazing sport, Demichelis got a chance to redeem himself and Palermo appeared exactly when he was needed.

Good luck to Mexico in the next round! We'll try to maintain our dignity facing South Korea :)

Exactly! I mean, I'm not an expert either, far from it, but when people scream and ask why the ref didn't give us a penalty when one of ours falls down in the middle of the field, it gets on my nerves.

Thanks Ana!!! I'm scared about us facing Mexico, but I think Uruguay will definitely be able to handle South Korea. :o)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 11:47 PM Quote
soo...

germany - england on sunday >)

should be fun, hehe.

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:50 PM