Travis

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa thread
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:26 PM Quote

URUGUAY LA RE P*TA MADRE CÓMO SUFRÍ!!!!!!!!! DRAMÁTICO!!!
VAMOS URUGUAY, CARAJO!!!!!!!!! Qué grande Abreu!!! Qué grande Muslera! Qué grande Suárez!!! Qué grande Forlan!!! No, no, por favor!!!
Todavía estoy temblando!!! Lo sufrí como si fuese Argentina!
Casi me mueroooooo!!! Estoy sacadísima, jajaja. Si mañana llega a pasar algo así me muero!!!! Por favorrrr!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS URUGUAY!!! :oD
QUÉ GRANDES NUESTROS HERMANOS, CARAJOOOOOO!!!!

Phew. If this was Uruguay I don't want to know how I'll be feeling tomorrow! I'm a mess. I'm still shaking.

VAMOS URUGUAY, VAMOS ARGENTINA, VAMOS PARAGUAY!!!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:28 AM Quote
ana make some kinda deal with the darkside ?

Vamos ESPANA Y ARGENTINA

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 2:40 AM Quote
Lol @Ric!
TELL ME ABOUT IT, Juli!!! I felt my heart pumping so fast that I thought it would jump out of my chest!

First of all, yes, I know people wanted the last remaining African team to make it through, in part I wanted that to. However, when Lugano had to leave the field and Fucile had that awful fall, things got really personal and all I wanted was for us to score. Fortunately, Forlan showed up and things started to look better for a while. Why do we always have to suffer like this? Why wasn't the ball hitting the net? Damn, I cursed, I hold my breath, I scared my dog away with my screaming at the T.V. I didn't want them to kick penalties, so much depends on mere luck.
How many yellow cards were we getting? Diego Pérez wasn't taking any chances. Abreu was called in, finally! He's always a great influence on the team during stressful times.

Who needs extra time!? They were tired, I was exhausted, couldn't take it anymore, just wanted someone to get it over with. But, then came Suarez and his hand avoiding Ghana's second goal over us, he sacrificed himself for the team, a red card out and a penalty kick missed *phew*
Time was dramatically up at that very second! I trust Muslera, our goalie, like I have never trusted any other goal keeper in my life. Today, I must say, I even admired Abreu, "el loco" (crazy), he looked so calm and peaceful and he goes and does what he does best, crazy stuff! CÓMO LA PICÁS, LOCO!! The coach said that it was not craziness at all, that it was knowing exactly how to kick a penalty with class... well, I don't need a demonstration of class in a decisive moment as such, you made my heart stopped!

WE ARE AMONG THE BEST FOUR!! I went to celebrate in the streets and the atmosphere does not compare to anything I've ever experienced in my life. I got my mother to pogo and sing "Soy celeste", "Olé, olé, olé, cada día te quiero más" and "Volveremos a ser campeones como la primera vez". We're beyond happy, nobody thought we could make it this far and what this wonderful group of athletes have achieved is something I will definitely be telling my children and grandchildren. I'm still shaking!

Argentina has to beat Germany!! (Sorry, Nora! South America comes first). I know it's a really tough game but I have faith in you (just as you do in us)!
Vamo' vamo' Argentina, vamo' vamo' a ganar, que esta banda quilombera no te deja, no te deja de alentar!! ;)

Edit:
Here's a video filmed by Forlan at the hotel where the players are staying: Volveremos otra vez (They're singing: "We'll go back to being champions like the first time", I love the fact that they're being so positive, haha!)

Another great song, a hit from yesterday's celebrations: "No es la mano de dios, no es la mano de dios, es la mano de Suárez, la pu... que lo parió" ("It's not the hand of God, it's the hand of Suárez") :D

And someone from overseas send me this Vanity Fair article, I believe it's the most insightful piece of writing I've read during the World Cup, this person understands what it's like to be us and what these games have meant.

The only civilized Latin Americans: "Uruguay, as a nation, lacks drama. And without drama there can be no euphoria... Maybe this mellow-like syndrome is the consequence of being forced to live between Brazil and Argentina, the two giant, hysterical monsters of South America. Or maybe it’s the result of not having reached the second stage of any World Cup in twenty years... I’ve watched as Uruguayans in the streets of Montevideo have tried not to show too much emotion... But deep down, you can sense that they want to go crazy now. With each match that they win, Uruguayans in bars and streets are acting more like believers. The indifference of the first days is being replaced by a trembling of the legs, a little sweating over the eyebrows. Hearts are beating faster. Sometimes you can even hear a shout ring out. If Uruguay gets into the finals, it will be their best performance since 1950. But, still, they’re trying not to show off. "
It's scary spot on!!

Absy
Absy Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
Vamos Argentina and Spain !

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 4:50 PM Quote
Germany is unstoppable!! :'(
Argentina played the game of its life, if they had faced any other team they would have won, but football is like this... damn, I really wanted them to take the cup home... I guess Germany has earn more credits.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 5:04 PM Quote
Very pleased about Holland and about Germany. Maradona: vete a chuparla :D
I hope Spain beat Paraguay tonight. I'm very excited :p

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 5:23 PM Quote
Fuck. I'm just going to crawl into my bed and remain there until tonight when I'll go out and drawn my sorrows in booze (which I haven't done in years).
I hope Maradona continues to be our coach, he's done a great job and so has the whole team. I'm very proud of them all. We played very well, didn't deserve to lose by four goals, but Germany is a fantastic team and it's not like I didn't expect this to happen. I really think they'll win this Cup.

However, VAMOS PARAGUAY Y VAMOS LA CELESTE!

Absy
Absy Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 5:27 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
I hope Spain beat Paraguay tonight. I'm very excited :p

Me too !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 6:26 PM Quote
A very disciplined Germany thumped an altogether "lost" Argentina today. I think Spain would have had more of a chance against Argentina than Germany but of course they have to get by Paraguay first who incidentally hold the best defensive record of this World Cup and as we have already seen... anything can happen.

Dubz

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:36 PM Quote
Boring game, but I don't mind. ¡Viva España!

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:40 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Boring game, but I don't mind.

Except for quite possibly the most mental five minutes of the tournament so far.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:44 PM Quote
Hahaha. Yep. My heart was beating so fast that I thought I was going to have a heart attack :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 4:01 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Maradona: vete a chuparla :D

I missed this comment. Bodi, with all due respect, por qué no te callas? :oP

Vamos La Celeste!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 9:33 PM Quote

Ewww.

Global workplace productivity not a World Cup goal

The World Cup is not exclusively an economic drain....

South Korean retailer Home Plus is reporting what may be the strangest economic benefit. It credits fans gathered at big outdoor World Cup rallies, unwilling to miss one minute of the action, for driving a 168 percent increase in sales of adult diapers last month.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 06 Jul, 2010 8:22 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

South Korean retailer Home Plus is reporting what may be the strangest economic benefit. It credits fans gathered at big outdoor World Cup rallies, unwilling to miss one minute of the action, for driving a 168 percent increase in sales of adult diapers last month.

Gross!!! Lol.

Qué grande la garra charrúa!!!!! Vamos Uruguay que se puede!!! :o)

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:44 AM