Travis

Re: Travis Top 10 right now on VH1
SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 9:40 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh yes, Fran talked about the video to Selfish Jean as if it was going to be hilarious in many interviews before we saw it. I don't find it funny. But what's worse is where it was filmed, how it was filmed etc. Definitely Travis' worst video, though Song To Self is a close 2nd. Travis have done some brilliant videos though.

I warn you, Fran reads this messageboard and I'm sure he'll be deeply enraged at what you said.
I think it's a very funny video, and Demetri Martin is a fairly well-known comedian so it's good to see him in a Travis video.
I bought myself the Aaaaaaaahhh Selfish Jean T shirt and I'd put it up there with Travis' best. maybe the actually recorded quality could be better and maybe if the band were in it it'd be a bit better but it's a brilliant concept

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
I think that the SJ one isn't a bad video, but WTRY has a brilliant video and it's a pity it hasn't been showed.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 10:39 PM Quote
SamHolden wrote:
I warn you, Fran reads this messageboard and I'm sure he'll be deeply enraged at what you said.

I know Fran reads the messageboard. Good point. I'll lie and pretend i like everything Travis have ever done. I love the Selfish Jean video, as i love all the other 20+ videos. I even love the US Turn video. It's amazing. :)

Seriously, Travis make great videos. They did right from the start and more recent ones like My Eyes was fantastic. Turn, Driftwood, Writing To Reach You, Love Will Come Through, Re-Offender, Closer, Walking In The Sun, Coming Around. They're all so much better than 99% of videos. I just don't like Selfish Jean.

milos
milos Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 11:00 PM Quote
I think the older Travis videos are really some of the best videos ever. I believe I'd say that even if they weren't my favourite band. Writing To Reach You, Driftwood, Side, Coming Around.. They're more like 3-minute films than music videos. I think Closer was the last one of these. All the ones that came after, except maybe My Eyes, were kind of simpler and more basic. Which doesn't mean that they are bad, they're just different.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 11:19 PM Quote
I agree that Travis have made some of the best videos ever. They're amazing, and i love the fact they tell a story. You watch the end, and you need to know how it started. They're great at that. Apart from 3 videos, maybe 4, Travis make the best videos of any band i know.

milos
milos Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 11:58 PM Quote
Now that I think about it, that storytelling aspect is what I miss the most! I hope they'll return to that style of videos in the future.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
SamHolden wrote:

I know Fran reads the messageboard. Good point. I'll lie and pretend i like everything Travis have ever done. I love the Selfish Jean video, as i love all the other 20+ videos. I even love the US Turn video. It's amazing. :)

Hahahhhaha...yes...cos if you don't lie and pretend that everything Travis does, says or well films is absolutely fucking great, you'll go to hell for sure. Wait! Wasn't it the other way round? :p

hahaha :)

My fav. videos are Writing to reach you (I love this story about this "Olympic torch relay" :p, those mean kids and what happens to him ...all for this kind of..what is it actually?
Love will come through: Aww I love the idea of those "magical" tiwns ..with the cowboy and the indian and with these binoculars...the colours....and of course it's my all-time-fav song

and: My eyes: That's just the video which I'm not getting tired to see and which all of my friends know by now.
Giving birth do a BAND! I mean: How do you get ideas like that?? Oh look! It's a BAND! :D, then the chaotic father, the junkie driver, the sexy doctor :p finally kissing sexy nurse :P
It's like Grey's Anatomy in short-version :P hahahhaha

So these three are my fav Travis videos.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 5:20 PM Quote
There's another thing we don't agree on, Ben! Used To Belong and Selfish Jean video. I think it's very funny. And I LOVE IT when he screws the timing xD.

Worst Travis videos: Turn (US version), New Amsterdam, Song To Self.
All the others are brilliant. I started liking Travis because of their videos :o).*

*Edit: Well, not because of their videos. It was because of their music, but I got to know Travis through their videos :oP.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 5:51 PM Quote
I wonder why the Selfish Jean video has such low viewings on YouTube? Hmm... Maybe because nobody has ever wanted to watch it a second time? :P

THIS is what a Travis video should be like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbzolUqB8Zw Amazing! :)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
My eyes: That's just the video which I'm not getting tired to see and which all of my friends know by now.
Giving birth do a BAND! I mean: How do you get ideas like that?? Oh look! It's a BAND! :D, then the chaotic father, the junkie driver, the sexy doctor :p finally kissing sexy nurse :P
It's like Grey's Anatomy in short-version :P hahahhaha

haaaaaahahahahh xD
...agree with Nora :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
...Selfish Jean video. I think it's very funny. And I LOVE IT when he screws the timing xD.

...and agree with Juli ;)

o_unico
o_unico Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 7:32 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
There's another thing we don't agree on, Ben! Used To Belong and Selfish Jean video. I think it's very funny. And I LOVE IT when he screws the timing xD.

All the others are brilliant. I started liking Travis because of their videos :o).*

*Edit: Well, not because of their videos. It was because of their music, but I got to know Travis through their videos :oP.

I saw you saying about videos for "new Amsterdam" and "used to belong"?
Do you care to give me the links?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 8:40 PM Quote

High 5 Yu! :o)

o_unico wrote:

I saw you saying about videos for "new Amsterdam" and "used to belong"?
Do you care to give me the links?

There's not a video for Used To Belong, but there is one for New Amsterdam. I don't have YouTube access right now, but I'm looking for it on this website.
Here's the link to Fran's blog:
http://www.travisonline.com/band/fran/?id=150&p=4

I don't really know if it works because like I said, I don't have YouTube access. :o/

Parlay
Parlay Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 6:21 AM Quote
SamHolden wrote:
I think it's a very funny video, and Demetri Martin is a fairly well-known comedian so it's good to see him in a Travis video.
I bought myself the Aaaaaaaahhh Selfish Jean T shirt and I'd put it up there with Travis' best. maybe the actually recorded quality could be better and maybe if the band were in it it'd be a bit better but it's a brilliant concept

I liked the concept, too. Besides, if it weren't for the video the Art, Music, Jaffa Cakes t-shirt wouldn't have existed. ;)

We actually saw Demetri Martin at the second LA Frandy show, my hubby told him how much he loved the SJ video, it's one of his (many) favourite Travis videos. I don't think I could pick a favourite video. My Eyes is definitely my most recent favourite.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:31 AM