Travis

New York reviews?
tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
Hey New York boardies, you guys got the most dates of the tour--no review yet? We're waiting.....

Re: New York reviews?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 11:55 PM Quote
Yes, and i would love to know the set list for the first New York show. Pleeease. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 12:58 AM Quote
Sandy and Goosey were there but Sandy is coming back from her honeymoon today. (don't know what goosey is doing) I'm sure one of them will post more but Sandy told me this morning there was a show before and after Frandy so the set was shorter- 1 1/2 hours vs. the 2 hours most cities have been getting. No obscure songs or b-sides, probably due to the time constraint.

She still said it was great though!

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 1:04 AM Quote
Thanks for the updates! Congrats to Sandy and Goosey! The same thing happened in Toronto, there was a strict curfew for leaving so our set was shorter too but amazing none the less! I'll keep watcng for th review ;)

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 4:16 PM Quote

(redacted)

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
I just posted one up of Saturday's show (the 2nd one). I forgot to mention how amazed I was that Fran snuck into 2 Simpsons references, one of which is absolutely obscure. (Before My Eyes, he said he was so proud of Clay's Michael Jackson's impression that he was like 'Flanders when his son is playing the clarinet -- 'My son! My son!'.)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 6:45 PM Quote
Hey y'all!

The first NYC Show was and probably will be the shortest setlist of all the NYC shows because like Anne said, there was a show before and after Frandy. It was great though, but we were defintely spoiled before with all of the b-sides :D
This was a great show, just a tiny bit rushed because of the time restraints. Actually though, come to think of it...it didn't stop Fran from telling his great stories. They just had to cut the setlist down quite a bit.

And here it is:

All I Want to Do is Rock
Turn
Writing to Reach You
Why Does it Always Rain on Me?
Slideshow
Flowers in the Window
Driftwood
Sing
Love Will Come Through
Closer
My Eyes
Before You Were Young
As it Comes

Before Before you Were Young, Fran wasn't even sure if there would be enough time for one more song, but it turned out they had time for 2 more, and it was really nice to hear As it Comes again.

The venue was a little different from others I've been to. They were serving dinner during the show, and poor Fran hadn't eaten beforehand, and was hungry. I can totally see why they're doing so many shows in NYC--the venue was really small--I think I saw a sign that said max. capacity was 160.

They stayed after the show as they've done, and spoke to what seemed like everyone from the show. It was great see them again, and to meet familiar faces (Miss Goosey) and new ones too.

What a way to close out this tour and mine & Tyler's honeymoon! This was our last stop for NYC, and it was a great one. Thank you, Fran & Andy!

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
Thanks for the reviews, sorry to hear it was so short but looks like fran and andy tried very hard not to disappoint!
It's been a magical tour, one that we were lucky to part of and hopefully we'll get to see Travis again really soon :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
Thanks a lot for the set lists and reviews. :)

Such a shame that the first one was so short. Glad to hear you still had time for some good stories from Fran. From what i've seen on YouTube, it looks like there are some very funny things said.

Hope you had a wonderful honeymoon Sandy. :)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 11:02 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Hey y'all!

The first NYC Show was and probably will be the shortest setlist of all the NYC shows because like Anne said, there was a show before and after Frandy. It was great though, but we were defintely spoiled before with all of the b-sides :D
This was a great show, just a tiny bit rushed because of the time restraints. Actually though, come to think of it...it didn't stop Fran from telling his great stories. They just had to cut the setlist down quite a bit.

And here it is:

All I Want to Do is Rock
Turn
Writing to Reach You
Why Does it Always Rain on Me?
Slideshow
Flowers in the Window
Driftwood
Sing
Love Will Come Through
Closer
My Eyes
Before You Were Young
As it Comes

Before Before you Were Young, Fran wasn't even sure if there would be enough time for one more song, but it turned out they had time for 2 more, and it was really nice to hear As it Comes again.

The venue was a little different from others I've been to. They were serving dinner during the show, and poor Fran hadn't eaten beforehand, and was hungry. I can totally see why they're doing so many shows in NYC--the venue was really small--I think I saw a sign that said max. capacity was 160.

They stayed after the show as they've done, and spoke to what seemed like everyone from the show. It was great see them again, and to meet familiar faces (Miss Goosey) and new ones too.

What a way to close out this tour and mine & Tyler's honeymoon! This was our last stop for NYC, and it was a great one. Thank you, Fran & Andy!

lovely to see you too! my friend kim and i went to the second night since she was short changed! we bought tickets off some guy for face value and of course it was worth it! there were some lovely surprises including:

blue flashing light
beautiful
luv

i'll have to talk to my friend again because i think there was one more and i can't remember now...i about lost it at luv it is one of my favorite songs so that was my highlight! :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 10 Nov, 2009 1:16 AM Quote
WOW!! Celleny...I'm soooo glad you got to see the 2nd show! Good for you!

Phyxius
Phyxius Posted Tue 10 Nov, 2009 3:00 AM Quote
I posted a couple photos from the first NYC night. I'll post some bigger ones in here when I get a chance. They got resized on upload and got a little fuzzy.

I agree that Fran and Andy did a great job with what was available. I had just been to the show in Vienna, Va. That show was about 3 hours long and included requests. I'm quite loud and requested Blue Flashing Light which they did play. (Thanks, guys!!)

We were up in the balcony and did not have a reservation. We got permission to sit at the ONLY table where the people didn't show up. I'm fully in the group that thought the venue was kinda crap. But, it was still worth it! We hung out after the show and since we were second to last in line that means we were there quite late. But, we got great face time and the guys were still willing to smile, chat, and get pictures with us.

If Stacey checks the board I will email you photos!

Also, if anyone reads this and goes to one of the remaining shows could you please ask the guys a question? While at a bar in NJ I heard some band cover "Sing". Any idea who that was?

crath24
crath24 Posted Tue 10 Nov, 2009 12:40 PM Quote
Phyxius wrote:

We were up in the balcony and did not have a reservation. We got permission to sit at the ONLY table where the people didn't show up. I'm fully in the group that thought the venue was kinda crap.

Just a question on the venue for the people who have gone the past few nights. Reservations are basically necessary to get a table and good view I take it?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 10 Nov, 2009 5:18 PM Quote
Phyxius wrote:
Also, if anyone reads this and goes to one of the remaining shows could you please ask the guys a question? While at a bar in NJ I heard some band cover "Sing". Any idea who that was?

I don't think Travis can keep up with who is covering their songs. You should try calling the bar or looking at their website.

Phyxius
Phyxius Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:41 AM Quote
crath24 wrote:

Just a question on the venue for the people who have gone the past few nights. Reservations are basically necessary to get a table and good view I take it?

Yes, reservations are required to sit at all. My group of three was the only one to get a table according to the hostess. I'm 6' and was struggling to find a spot to stand that wouldn't block other people's view.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:30 AM