Travis

Thank You-3 Amazing Shows!
wee
wee Posted Tue 27 Oct, 2009 6:09 PM Quote
Thank you Fran & Andy for an intimate, amazing, beautiful, humorous & informative acoustic tour! I was lucky enough to see three shows in a row -Madison, Chicago & Minneapolis.

I decided to try and tell Fran just how much their music means to me after the 1st show in Madison. Call it a combination of extreme nerves, excitement, and ok, probably at least one beer too many - I hope I didn't come off like a freakshow fan! Fran & Andy were so nice to me signing all my stuff and posing for photos, so thank you, thank you, thank you! And really - I'm not a crazy person - well unless you consider seeing 3 Travis shows back-to-back "crazy" - I don't! I'll never forget it!

It was like no other show I've ever seen. It was so good to get back to the Travis that I first fell in love with - the one where Franny tells loads of stories! Don't get me wrong I love the all out rock Travis shows, as well - but these talkative shows reminded me of when I first started seeing their live shows in 2000.

Each show, while following the same overarching theme still had it's own unique vibe. Each venue was a bit different and they switched up the songs a bit, as well. I had a mental list of some of the songs that I was hoping to hear and they played all (except one) of them at some point during the 3 nights - I love you Anyways, More Than Us, As You Are, Writing to Reach You (and I was hoping perhaps for their cover of "River" but I can't complain!)

So thank you again and I'm already looking forward to the next tour and new Travis music to "fill me up."

Love,
Kelly

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:33 PM