Travis

Re: Songs by Frandy... so far!
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 05 Nov, 2009 7:14 AM Quote
Tonight in Philly they also played Last Laugh Of The Laughter...I also wrote down that Fran said, "the last song on Ode To J. Smith" which would be Sarah, but I think it was Before You Were Young...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Nov, 2009 5:11 PM Quote
Hopefully they'll do Sarah soon. I'm very surprised they've not played that yet.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 4:39 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
The Connection was apparently played, according to the tour archive. http://www.travisonline.com/tourarchive/2009/11/03/?s=860

Ohh!!! Is there a video of it??? I'd love to see it! The Connection is one of my favourite b-sides!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
The Connection was apparently played, according to the tour archive. http://www.travisonline.com/tourarchive/2009/11/03/?s=860

Ohh!!! Is there a video of it??? I'd love to see it! The Connection is one of my favourite b-sides!

I think they decided not to play it and played Beautiful or something instead..

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 5:35 PM Quote

But this review on the Tour Archive says they did play it on November 3rd:

Quote:
The highlight for me was requesting a song ("The Connection") and actually having them play it. Once they agreed to do it, the guys spent a minute or so figuring out the right capo position & chords. That's one of my all time favorite songs and it meant a lot to me that the guys played it despite some calls from a few impatient fans to move on to a different song while they were trying to remember how to start it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 5:37 PM Quote
Someone clearly says they played it on Tuesday. ;)

Edit: well done Juli. lol

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
Okay I'm proved wrong, lets hope there's a recording of it!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
Nikki's head is going to explode.

grace
grace Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Someone was recording the entire show. Fran pointed him out partway through the show. He asked him to wait until the entire tour was over to put it up on Youtube, though.

Ben, you seem to know a lot about songs played past/present. Do you recall them playing The Connection around the time Coming Around was released? I remember hearing The Weight and Just the Faces Change frequently back then, so my mind may have just assumed that The Connection was played as well. Another questionable fake memory of mine :/

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 8:09 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki's head is going to explode.

Let's just hope she doesn't see this.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Nov, 2009 10:29 PM Quote
grace wrote:
Someone was recording the entire show. Fran pointed him out partway through the show. He asked him to wait until the entire tour was over to put it up on Youtube, though.

Ben, you seem to know a lot about songs played past/present. Do you recall them playing The Connection around the time Coming Around was released? I remember hearing The Weight and Just the Faces Change frequently back then, so my mind may have just assumed that The Connection was played as well. Another questionable fake memory of mine :/

Excited to hear the show (and therefore The Connection) may end up on YouTube. It'll be wonderful to see/hear. As well as the whole gig. Would be cool, and it's cool that Fran is ok with it too. :)

I only know what i've learnt on here over the years. :) I don't believe they'd ever played The Connection before. I know it's one of Fran's favourites but i think that might have been the first time they played it live. Can't be 100% sure though. :)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 1:07 AM Quote
woops...should I not be posting my videos tonight?? They're on the last set of shows and they're all sold out though...

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 4:17 AM Quote
I hope they play "Quite Free"!
I love that song! the best of Ode!.

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
As much as I love TMW, I'm quite done with hearing it live. Last night (Saturday) in NYC, they played EIGHT Man Who songs, and glossed over 12 Memories with just LWCT. That show was be my... I don't know, 27th show? which means I have heard WDIAROM, WTRY, Turn, Driftwood 27 times live! I understand some fans are new and want to hear them but they are doing what's essentially a residency in NYC now and it's a good time to experiment. I don't mean to deprive new fans of the classics, but I would really love it if Frandy could play their own dream setlist -- what they really want to play instead of what they expect fans want to hear. I'd be very interested to know what's on that list.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Amandabug wrote:
As much as I love TMW, I'm quite done with hearing it live. Last night (Saturday) in NYC, they played EIGHT Man Who songs, and glossed over 12 Memories with just LWCT. That show was be my... I don't know, 27th show? which means I have heard WDIAROM, WTRY, Turn, Driftwood 27 times live! I understand some fans are new and want to hear them but they are doing what's essentially a residency in NYC now and it's a good time to experiment. I don't mean to deprive new fans of the classics, but I would really love it if Frandy could play their own dream setlist -- what they really want to play instead of what they expect fans want to hear. I'd be very interested to know what's on that list.

I totally agree with you and they should really play more from 12 Memories and perhaps TBWNN as parts of these albums are Travis at their peak. However they have played a lot of obscure b-sides and some more seldom played album-tracks on this tour so I guess we should be pleased =) Watching them play Funny Thing on youtube was a highlight for me...

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:31 AM