Travis

Setlist LA (4th Final Nite) 10/12/09
bittersweet
bittersweet Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:10 AM Quote
Here's the picture of the LA4 Setlist. "S" marked next to the particular songs means to show the "Slide Shows".
http://netshumo.smugmug.com/photos/680017539_66Bvt-M.jpg

I know some people just care to know which song they played, but I NEED TO KNOW THE RIGHT ORDER; so, I took notes. :)
I see some changes from this original setlist they had, such as "Last Train", Re-Offender" were not played.
It's funny that he put "MAYB" to "The Weight".
"Beautiful,,," on the bottom means "B- Occupation"???? I haven't heard it at live for 2 yrs. Since they didn't play it, they might do it at the next stop in TX!?

Here's the RIGHT ORDER!
LA4 10/12/09
1. 20 -- Fran solo
2. All I Want To Do Is Rock
3. Turn
4. Funny Thing
5. Good Feeling --Andy on Piano
6. As You Are
7. Writing to Reach You
8. Why Does It Always Rain On Me
9. Slide Show
10. Flowers In The Window --Andy on Piano
11. Driftwood
12. Sing
13. Love Will Come Through
14. Big Chair --Andy on Piano
15. My Eyes
16. Out In Space -- Fran solo
17. Chinese Blues --Andy on Piano
18. Before You Were Young
19. As It Comes (New)
20. The Weight (We joined them in chorus for "And,,,")
----- requests
21.Closer

I had to go again to hear another new song "As it Comes" and liked the melody line better than "Holiday". I didn't have guts to record a video on my digital camera since the screen lights up, so I brought a digital recorder; but it didn't get turned on. Well, with feeling guilty, that would've been a bad (selfish) idea anyway after all, so must be a destiny.

After the 2H show, I got in line faster than I did on Sat and was closer the front of the line. They came out at 11:45pm but I was done having their autograph and pix by midnight on Sat. However, last nite, they came out around the same time, but spent so much longer with each fan. So, it was already 12:45am when I was done and there was still a long line to go. I wonder how late they stayed out!? 2am!?!?
I guess they were more relaxed (Andy having a beer) since it was the final night in LA and they had no gig to play the next day. Still, how do they managed to do that every night till like 2am? I really appreciate that they do it for us fans.
They're the greatest!

I had a funny conversation with Fran about my song request. I'll post it later with a photo.

Re: Setlist LA (4th Final Nite) 10/12/09
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:27 AM Quote
Thanks very much for the information and setlist etc. Sounds like a wonderful experience and something i hope i get to enjoy at some point in the future.

Can you remember what the new songs are like? Both of them? I'm sure they were both very acoustic (obviously) but did they sound upbeat and rocky or slow? Like Side or Out In Space? I'm sure it isn't easy to remember. :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:33 AM Quote
bittersweet wrote:
I wonder how late they stayed out!? 2am!?!?
I guess they were more relaxed (Andy having a beer) since it was the final night in LA and they had no gig to play the next day. Still, how do they managed to do that every night till like 2am? I really appreciate that they do it for us fans.
They're the greatest!

I often wonder this myself. After the weekend in Chicago with the boardies and then show in Cleveland I felt (and LOOKED!) like a zombie. Can they sleep that well on a bus? Honestly, I don't see how they keep the pace.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:33 AM Quote
OOoohh I would kill for The Weight!! (not really, obviously)

My memory is fading, but I want to say that Holiday was more upbeat. Tempo wise. I can't say the same for lyrics because I think Fran said he wrote it during all the crap times last year and it was about how it would just be nice to get away for a holiday.

Cricket
Cricket Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:35 AM Quote
Last Train?

To be in LA and to be at all those 4 shows! I bet you are getting quite the catalogue!!

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:56 AM Quote

Cooooooooooooooooool!!!!

Man what a great setlist!!!!!

Good Feeling with Andy on the piano? I WONDER how the solo sounded!! Tell us, pleaaaaaaase

or are there any videos available? What kind of Slide Show did they do at My eyes....=?

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 1:17 AM Quote
Nell wrote:

What kind of Slide Show did they do at My eyes....=?

wondering the same!

HalWarning
HalWarning Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 2:16 AM Quote
They were slides of Frannie's son. He's a cutie! Nora must be gorgeous! ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 1:12 PM Quote
Oh I'd love to hear Andy on the piano, I'm so jealous :(

bittersweet
bittersweet Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 1:17 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Yes, it was nice to see Andy playing piano, but I did miss the dynamic "GONG" on "Before you were young".

I don't know if anyone finds it funny, but my boyfriend, John (American) and I (Japanese) thought it was hilarious.

After the show when I was talking with Fran alone on Mon, I said "I absolutely love the song 'Sarah', so I yelled it for requests but you didn't hear me. That's such a beautiful song."
Fran said Sera?" And the way he pronounced it, I thought he said "Sara", like the song from "Starship" (Does anyone know?) and that he didn't understand my English.

So, I said "No, you know 'Sarah', the bonus track on Japanese version!" And he goes "Yeah, Sera'!" -I still had a funny look on my face,,, and he started singing it to me right there in the lobby, "Ohhhwww, Sera--"!!!

Yes, that's when I realized he was right. Maybe it's hard to understand it when I write it, but I realized that I didn't understand his Scottish accent and he didn't understand my Japanese accent, but we were both trying to say the same thing!!!

He might sing it soon somewhere since he's all warmed up(!?)

I printed out the picture I took with them and John together on Sat and brought it with me to get them to sign it. (great idea, huh!?)

When I showed it to Fran, I said, "This is actually 'John & Yoko' here." And Fran said "No kidding!" looking like "No Fuxxing Waaay!!" look. Yes, how many 'John & Yoko' do you know? or have you met!?!?! Now that John (Lennon) is gone, we could be the "next John & Yoko" (well, at least in LA), right? HaHaHa :) I said, "John couldn't make it tonight, but he said hi." ; then Fran bothered to ask me where he was.

I also told him that I didn't have time to Photoshop my face on this picture, but he said "Oww, you don't need that, you're gorgeous." What a sweeeet guyyy--- :)

http://netshumo.smugmug.com/photos/680017489_qhU7f-S.jpg

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 2:06 AM Quote
bittersweet wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Yes, it was nice to see Andy playing piano, but I did miss the dynamic "GONG" on "Before you were young".

I don't know if anyone finds it funny, but my boyfriend, John (American) and I (Japanese) thought it was hilarious.

After the show when I was talking with Fran alone on Mon, I said "I absolutely love the song 'Sarah', so I yelled it for requests but you didn't hear me. That's such a beautiful song."
Fran said Sera?" And the way he pronounced it, I thought he said "Sara", like the song from "Starship" (Does anyone know?) and that he didn't understand my English.

So, I said "No, you know 'Sarah', the bonus track on Japanese version!" And he goes "Yeah, Sera'!" -I still had a funny look on my face,,, and he started singing it to me right there in the lobby, "Ohhhwww, Sera--"!!!

Yes, that's when I relized he was right. Maybe it's hard to understand it when I write it, but I realized that I didn't understand his Scottish accent and he didn't understand my Japanese accent, but we were both trying to say the same thing!!!

He might sing it soon somewhere since he's all warmed up(!?)

I printed out the picture I took with them and John together on Sat and brought it with me to get them to sign it. (great idea, huh!?)

When I showed it to Fran, I said, "This is actually 'John & Yoko' here." And Fran said "No kidding!" looking like "No Fuxxing Waaay!!" look. Yes, how many 'John & Yoko' do you know? or have you met!?!?! Now that John (Lennon) is gone, we could be the "next John & Yoko" (well, at least in LA), right? HaHaHa :) I said, "John couldn't make it tonight, but he said hi." ; then Fran bothered to ask me where John was.

I also told him that I didn't have time to Photoshop my face on this picture, but he said "Oww, you don't need that, you're gorgeous." What a sweeeet guyyy--- :)

http://netshumo.smugmug.com/photos/680017489_qhU7f-M.jpg

Oh my God... What an amazing anecdote! He really is sweet... I'm so glad for you!!! Thanks for sharing it. Amazing pic, btw!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 4:16 AM Quote
bittersweet wrote:

When I showed it to Fran, I said, "This is actually 'John & Yoko' here." And Fran said "No kidding!" looking like "No Fuxxing Waaay!!" look. Yes, how many 'John & Yoko' do you know? or have you met!?!?! Now that John (Lennon) is gone, we could be the "next John & Yoko" (well, at least in LA), right? HaHaHa :) I said, "John couldn't make it tonight, but he said hi." ; then Fran bothered to ask me where John was.

Awwwwwwww! sooo sweet!
thanks for sharing!
is a great pic :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:56 PM