Travis

Special Request for Toronto - MOD Club Show
Cricket
Cricket Posted Tue 13 Oct, 2009 4:50 AM Quote
Hello Fran and Andy,

I have a very special request for the Toronto show at the Mod Club on Oct. 30th, that I hope you will consider. "Somewhere Else" is probably one of my favorite songs ever and it would just mean an immense amount to me to hear it live. I know it's a bit of a 'pipe dream' (haha), but for some reason, the song has always moved me. I know you don't play it often but it would just mean so much if you did. It's one of my two Travis wishes (seeing Humpty Dumpty in Berkeley was one wish fulfilled)! I wouldn't mind hearing that one again too but "Somewhere Else" is on the top of my dream wishlist :)

For your consideration... Thank you and can't wait to see you both soon :)

Much love from S'toon...xo

Re: Special Request for Toronto - MOD Club Show
leticia
leticia Posted Tue 13 Oct, 2009 1:52 PM Quote
Cricket wrote:
Hello Fran and Andy,

I have a very special request for the Toronto show at the Mod Club on Oct. 30th, that I hope you will consider. "Somewhere Else" is probably one of my favorite songs ever and it would just mean an immense amount to me to hear it live. I know it's a bit of a 'pipe dream' (haha), but for some reason, the song has always moved me. I know you don't play it often but it would just mean so much if you did. It's one of my two Travis wishes (seeing Humpty Dumpty in Berkeley was one wish fulfilled)! I wouldn't mind hearing that one again too but "Somewhere Else" is on the top of my dream wishlist :)

For your consideration... Thank you and can't wait to see you both soon :)

Much love from S'toon...xo

Hi Cricket,

Hopefully the guys will grant you this. Best of lucks! But can I ask you a favor? From a desperate boardie, to a lucky boardie: if they do, please, pleaseeee, pleaseeeeeee record at least 30 seconds of the song. It's one of my favourites and they rarely (I think only once) play it so it would be awesome to listen an acoustic version of it.

MANY thanks in advance!!! Have fun!!!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 13 Oct, 2009 3:09 PM Quote
Hi Cricket!

I felt the need to write a few words to wish you the best of lucks :)
You have no idea how I'd give anything to be in your place, to be able to go to one of the acoustic shows... The setlists so far have been mind-blowing!
I've read that near the end they are taking requests, so make sure you have your throat and voice ready to shout out at the top of your lungs: "Somewhere Else"!! Hopefully either that or your post here will work out.

If it's not too much to ask, being a unique opportunity to hear this song live (one of my favourite songs), would you mind having your camera ready and share whatever you can record with us, less fortunate ones? ;)

Thanks in advance and above all, enjoy!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 13 Oct, 2009 4:11 PM Quote
I endorse everything that the girls have said! =)

I hope that the boys will hear your request! This is one of Travis best songs, it must be played more often!

Good luck! =)

Cricket
Cricket Posted Tue 13 Oct, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
Hello everyone!

Wow, I have to say, it totally touched me that there would be these amazing boardies out there, wishing me luck and posting in this thread! THANK YOU. That really moved me and totally made my day.

I promise, if it is played, I will do my best to capture the song, via video or some other means. I am still heartbroken that I did not manage to capture Humpty Dumpty in Berkeley but my digital device ran out of battery! That's what I get for flying in the day of the show -it left me completely frazzled. I will try better this time.

There's just something about "Somewhere Else" that has always spoken to the core of my being. I know that 12 Memories was written in a dark space, so it might be difficult to revisit that by playing it, but I hope they can find the light in it. My favorite songs tend to be seemingly dark but always contain slivers of light through the cracks. And I find "Somewhere Else" really epitomizes that.

And I'm flying from very, very far away amd it would just be the ultimate wish fulfilled. From what I've read of the shows, it seems to be epic. I think it is exactly what I need right now.

To all those out there who can't attend this tour - I feel your pain! Having seen the boys for the first time this year after having been a fan from the beginning was so amazing. But living very far away from any of the shows is hard, so I understand. Hang in there!

Here's to crossing my fingers and readying my request yelling voice! I just hope it's not too much of a stretch - leave it to me for asking for a fairly obscure (but incredible) song.

xo

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 13 Oct, 2009 5:10 PM Quote
Cricket! thank you very much! we really appreciate these words :)

Cricket
Cricket Posted Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:48 AM Quote
I dug this up from my archives - I'm still missing that section on this site where Fran wrote a blurb about each song :(. I love his take on the song:

Quote:
My favourite song at the moment. At first, I didn't like the line -

"This life is so confusing, feels like I'm always losing."

But now it's one of my favourites on the album because it's so true. And the idea that when something changes you probably won't be there when it does.

"We come in, knowing everything, but don't say a word until they teach it away. Words are found too close to the edge that we don't dare say"

I look at young children who haven't developed language yet and they always look like philosophers, sitting there just taking it all in without judgement. Then we learn to speak, and in turn learn to lie and then we lose it.

Cricket
Cricket Posted Fri 23 Oct, 2009 4:33 AM Quote
A bump in anticipation of next week! Now the packing adventures begin...

Sonam
Sonam Posted Mon 26 Oct, 2009 9:14 PM Quote
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what time Fran & Andy will be hitting the stage?

Is there an opener for this tour?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:08 AM