Travis

Re: Random Acts Of Selfishness
Julio72
Julio72 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:29 PM Quote
Julio72 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:26 PM Edit Quote
Fran there are many people happy with this news, you have many fans here, thank you so much to visit us in November (Guadalajara, Mexico); Fran is possible that you give us (My Wife & I) only a few minutes of your life to take a picture and sign us a tshirt???? You are (all the band) so important to us, you were part of the music in the wedding, we really love your music. Welcome and Thanks again.

Julio

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 21 Sep, 2007 4:27 AM Quote
Julio72 wrote:
Julio72 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:26 PM Edit Quote
Fran there are many people happy with this news, you have many fans here, thank you so much to visit us in November (Guadalajara, Mexico); Fran is possible that you give us (My Wife & I) only a few minutes of your life to take a picture and sign us a tshirt???? You are (all the band) so important to us, you were part of the music in the wedding, we really love your music. Welcome and Thanks again.

Julio

Selfish Jean

rbvlima
rbvlima Posted Thu 27 Sep, 2007 6:16 PM Quote
Well, that's easy...
Travis not coming to Montreal is the biggest "random act of selfishness" I have witnessed!!!

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
i witnessed the biggest act of selfishness last night. i went to a bar to pick up a friend since i was the good designated driver. some drunk a$$hole hit my car and kept going!!

thankfully the other people leaving the bar saw and ran and surrounded his car so he couldn't leave. the cop working the bar came out and forced him to get out of his car and took his keys, told me tocall 911 since he was working and couldn't take the report.

i did - that cop shows up to take the report. jacka$$ who hit me disputes the story and another cop tells the cop taking the report that he has a DUI on his hands and asks if he wants him to take the guy down and give him the tests. the cop taking my report says no - and lets the guy go and says "i'mhungry - let's meet at wendys for a bite in a few minutes"./

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

some drunk guy hits my car, says he didn't do it and that he wasn't trying to drive away, and the cop taking the report doesn't so much as bother to even give him a breathalizer b/c he's hungry?!?!? so now it's his word against mine and the cop couldn't assign fault. this means court.

suck it!

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:26 AM Quote
Ouch! That's a horrifying story MQ. Hope it gets sorted out in your favour soon.

While we're on the subject of selfish motoring, Sunday night I was heading home, and just as I was about to stop before a red light, an imbecile in a red acura cuts two lanes from my right and stops diagnally in front of the intersection. I had to hard brake so as to not hit his back bumper.

Is it so much to ask that one only cuts ONE lane at a time?

Quite selfish I might add. But I believe in karma. And road karma is the worst.

kelly4oasis
kelly4oasis Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 4:50 AM Quote
Travis :

I love you guys. Your music is so incredibly inspiring and uplifting. I have been a fan for years. I saw you open for Oasis in 2000 in New York. I then saw you October 3, 2001 back in New York. This was less than a month after the 9/11 attacks. To see you guys - it was just.. a big, wonderful, life-changing experience. Your music is so beautiful, so touching right down to the soul. I had the pleasure of meeting each and every one of you. You were the nicest people I have EVER met in my life.

Years later, I still love Travis. I am writing this to you mainly to tell you HOW much you have changed my life, and how I have passed your music on. I work in a daycare/preschool. I started playing your last album at naptime. Not because it is boring, ha! Because someone gave it to me while I was at work... and I figured it was nice and soothing and mellow, and this was a good time for me to hear the album. Let me tell you. I swear, every weekday since your album has come out - I have played it SEVERAL times at work. Start to finish. And not just at naptime. Want to hear the best part? ALL of my children know EVERY SINGLE WORD. Word for word. They LOVE it. ESPECIALLY "Selfish Jean" ... and most of them call it "selfish cheese." It is SO cute to watch them. They don't do it to perform or impress. We will watch them just doing regular acitivities.. and they are singing along to themselves! It is so wonderful. I truly wish you could see it. Every child. From the loud ones, to the quiet ones. They all love Travis.

I HAD to tell you guys that. I know you are very compassionate and down-to-earth, and I thought you would really appreciate that. I honestly adore all of you.. and I saw you at Irving Plaza July 15 - and it was the best concert ever. I love you guys, thank you.

Yours Truly,
Kelly-Anne Romanek

thegirlwho_argentina
thegirlwho_argentina Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 7:05 PM Quote

till when can i do it ?
i've got a idea, and i want to show it ! :D

TK23
TK23 Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
...Hello all, this is your friendly neighbourhood Fran writing from a log cabin in Bergen...

Did anyone find this as amusing as I did? I just imagined Fran dressed in the Spiderman getup, ha.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 4:04 PM