Travis

Re: Dear american boardies
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Jun, 2011 6:49 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
There has been a new level of incompetence reached with the insurance company. We have been on an automatic premium withdrawal plan for years. Well, guess what...when we switched plans (same company) for some reason, they stopped taking payments out. This was in December. I just noticed recently when making a list of our monthly expenses. So, I called today and they cancelled our policy back in FEBRUARY! Without notifying me. Not a word, just cancelled the policy on a family with 3 children. Now they are saying I have to reapply and there is a 6 month waiting period if your policy is cancelled, so coverage woulnd't be effective until August. NO, NO, NO! It is THEIR mistake, not mine! And all this time we thought we were covered! It's a good thing no one got sick. How can a company cancel your medical insurance and not notify you???!!! I got angry and called them back (and you all know how difficult it is for me to make calls like this.) So now the billing department is looking into the matter and they are supposed to call back. This is ridiculous.

Kayte, that is outrageous! Have you heard back? You really should absolutely fight this. I know the phone is scary so maybe you could consider letters. But I would NOT tolerate having to wait to get back on the plan.

Pages Previous 1 2 All Times BST Current Time 11:10 AM