Travis

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
In July, The Pretenders. It was good, they played lots of songs, though the audience wasn't very cheerful... so... 7.5/10.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 4:39 PM Quote
Mogwai !!!

It was fucking excellent

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 10:28 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Mogwai !!!

It was fucking excellent

Dubz

yeah one of the shows of the year for me cause dead meadow opened

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 10:47 PM Quote
Pearl Jam m.e.n arena manchester 17th august

Pearl Jam o2 london 18th august

OUTSTANDING 11/10 :)

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 22 Aug, 2009 10:41 PM Quote
Snow Patrol, in May, in Munich.
9/10. It was great, even though the accoustics of the hall they played in usually suck.

(only concert I'd give a 10/10 to would be Damien Rice in March 2007. He played in a real concert-hall/theatre, everyone was sitting down, and it was pure magic. Not boring. maaaagical *sigh*)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 2:20 PM Quote
the cult ,

outside of the show starting 45 mins late it was pretty rad . they played the love album in sequence ,had a killa film clip playing behind them . i never was a super fan of them but thoughly enjoyed it . check em out on this tour

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 29 Aug, 2009 2:37 PM Quote
marilyn manson

the rule with the crew was any eye contact with the star is excusal for dismissal . opening band uber sucked , some disney like idea of what a evil rock band should look and act like . them playing along to pre recorded tapes doing back ground vocals and key board melodys didn't help . marilyn was ok but as much as i love my native city , i don't need someone going on about how they love san francisco cause they done alot of bad things here . i was thinking oh so there's no sex, drugs , crazyness in any other city . i was really surprised how many people showed up , didn't know he was so popular . they booted out quite a few people who insisted on staying out front .

gingy
gingy Posted Sun 13 Sep, 2009 3:09 PM Quote
Third Eye Blind

It was just alrite. They played a few new songs from their latest album. Naturally, the crowd loved the older ones. Stephen was very talkative during the entire performance and he still looks hot. HAHA. I give it 6.5 over all just cos they played Motorcycle Drive By which happens to be one of my fav and Semi-Charmed Life was, magic.

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 13 Sep, 2009 8:14 PM Quote
Coldplay in Barcelona (4th September). Support artists: The Sunday Drivers and The Flaming Lips. Pictures here :)

The Sunday Drivers were amazing. Great set. The Flaming Lips... erm. No. I think nobody liked them.
Coldplay: the concert started 20 minutes late. There were some technical problems and Chris wore something on his neck (probably because of a sore throat or something). The audience were not as good as last year in Madrid. They didn't sing that much and many of the fans only knew the songs on Viva La Vida (shame :S). People who were on the balconies couldn't hear the concert for some songs and they started to whistle and shout "no se oye" (we don't hear anything, more or less :p). My friends and I couldn't get our LRLRL copy (still wonder why) but still, it was a great night ^^

Setlist.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 15 Sep, 2009 3:18 PM Quote
^^^^^^ I love Flaming Lips, and would definitely pay to see them one day.

David Ford last week. Beautiful gig. He really hits the spot every time....mmmmmm

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 15 Sep, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
In my opinion The Flaming Lips use lots of light and confetti but that's it :(

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 16 Sep, 2009 4:34 AM Quote
Mew

September 11th, 2009

What an AWESOME gig! What a BRILLIANT band!
For the first time in Mexico. A dream come true.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 16 Sep, 2009 4:35 AM Quote
Monica wrote:

kinda their trademark , i saw like early 90's i liked em but just never got around to seeing them again

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 16 Sep, 2009 1:31 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Monica wrote:

kinda their trademark , i saw like early 90's i liked em but just never got around to seeing them again

Exactly - lots of colourful stuff going on when they're live, (they used to have folks dressed up as animals dancing on the stage) but, even if that doesn't float your boat, the music really is tasty. Give them another chance! :)

gingy
gingy Posted Wed 16 Sep, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
Mew

September 11th, 2009

What an AWESOME gig! What a BRILLIANT band!
For the first time in Mexico. A dream come true.

Couldn't agree more! Wicked stuff! I wanna see them again and again and again....

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:09 AM