Travis

Shouldn't Travis release a b-sides compilation already?
Lord_Conker
Lord_Conker Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 4:10 AM Quote
There's lots of them floating around, I've managed to get a handful and there's some good stuff to be found there. I really think they should get proper treatment with an album release, it'd be nice.

Re: Shouldn't Travis release a b-sides compilation already?
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 6:34 AM Quote
I agree:)

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 10:42 AM Quote

Don't quote me on that, but I think Fran said once it's matter of the old company...They've got the right to do something like that...or something like that...

you should check out all the savefile.com archives and the video/bootleg archives for getting the rest of the songs..

if you're still missing some...welll :)

otherwise I'm opening an savefile archive - cos some of the songs up in the old ones are broken :(

cheers

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 1:41 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Don't quote me on that, but I think Fran said once it's matter of the old company...They've got the right to do something like that...or something like that...

Oohhhh, really? :( I would be really nice to get a b-side album though! I want a CD filled with great, great Travis b-sides. Well, just my opinion! We still can get mp3s as Nora said.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 5:11 PM Quote
why don't we talk about the perfect track lists that we want?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 5:19 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
you should check out all the savefile.com archives and the video/bootleg archives for getting the rest of the songs..

...some of the songs up in the old ones are broken :(

Here's a link to the b-sides archive but BUY ALL THE ONES YOU CAN OFF DOWNLOAD SITES FIRST!!! iTunes, Amazon, 7Digital, HMV etc. all have almost all the songs so that should be the first job :)

Nora, I want to try to find all the missing/corrupted files on the savefile archives so we can reupload them or make sure they're uploaded elsewhere. I'll start doing that as soon as my laptop's mended and I have proper internet access again.

If anyone's not sure which of the many b-sides are the best, have a look at the results of a vote here, or if you're in a voting mood there's always here. There's a try-before-you-buy service at Travis.ography.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
Yeah, would be nice.

But I think it's kinda difficult right now. At least it looks far.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:21 PM Quote
A real shame that it'll probably never happen. Some of the b-sides are SOOOOOO very good! At least we have them to enjoy! :)

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 11:17 PM Quote
Unfortunately, a b sides comp is not our decision. Our old record label has all the masters and will probably do this at some point.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 16 Jul, 2009 11:38 PM Quote
I guess it's the same with Closer, Selfish Jean and My Eyes for a 2nd singles album. But it'll also have Something Anything and Song To Self too. I wonder how that would work. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:27 PM Quote
I guess it's up to us guys to compile our own :-D

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 6:05 PM Quote

@ all: the archive has lot's of b-sides that are from cds which are scratched or broken in some way...(like for instance all those coming from "flowers in the window"..thinking about opening new archive for all the b-sides...if that's wanted - otherwise, of course, not.

@fran: I knew that the record company owns the rights of these songs - but I didn't know they'd own all of them. So you, as band, have no legal right to do anything with those songs? For instance re-do one (another version..) - or put one of them on to your next record....Is this a standard contract?

damon
damon Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 5:36 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Unfortunately, a b sides comp is not our decision. Our old record label has all the masters and will probably do this at some point.

i would never be able to understand how things work with record labels... if they see "Travis" as a "Product" wich i think think they obviously do, i think it a rentable one... isn't it? anything Travis releases we all buy it ! haha

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 24 Jul, 2009 4:33 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

@ all: the archive has lot's of b-sides that are from cds which are scratched or broken in some way...(like for instance all those coming from "flowers in the window"..thinking about opening new archive for all the b-sides...if that's wanted - otherwise, of course, not.

@fran: I knew that the record company owns the rights of these songs - but I didn't know they'd own all of them. So you, as band, have no legal right to do anything with those songs? For instance re-do one (another version..) - or put one of them on to your next record....Is this a standard contract?

Surely there's a difference between the rights to the recording and the rights to the song (lyrics/music, etc)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:05 PM