Travis

Re: Facebook's False Impressions of You
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 7:02 PM Quote
An ad suggested I go to some Christian theatre to help with my preaching skills.
Also, I asked a friend in private facebook msg last week if she wanted to go rockclimbing with me, and ever since there is an ad asking if I would like to meet single rockclimbers.

DONT READ MY PRIVATE MSGS, FACEBOOK!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 7:17 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
An ad suggested I go to some Christian theatre to help with my preaching skills.
Also, I asked a friend in private facebook msg last week if she wanted to go rockclimbing with me, and ever since there is an ad asking if I would like to meet single rockclimbers.

hahaha, single rockclimbers? mine only wants me to meet 'cute single guys'. like in general.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 7:31 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

hahaha, single rockclimbers? mine only wants me to meet 'cute single guys'. like in general.

I get lots of specific ones. FB says my religion is hockey and yet the ads are always trying to set me up with young single men of a variety of faiths (whatever, no issue, but why are you specifically adverstising these religions to me?), rockclimbers, millionaires. I get a whole range!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 16 Apr, 2010 12:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

LOL!!! I love this! :)

Mine wants to send me away on New Agey type retreats even tho my religion says Christian (woot woot for Jesus) lol but this is prob because I used to be way buddhism and weirdy things like this.

Single Rockclimbers totally made me laugh!!! I LOVE it! I am going to keep a closer eye on what FB offer me :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:02 PM Quote
Facebook thinks I need to donate money to rescue victims of cults. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:09 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Facebook thinks I need to donate money to rescue victims of cults. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

I didn't even know that was a thing!

FB thinks I need to buy post-surgical compression aids. The pic has a lady with a stretchy boob thing on. So I guess like Abs it thinks I had a boob job?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:19 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Remember when Veronica Mars was supposed to save that dude from a cult?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:46 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Remember when Veronica Mars was supposed to save that dude from a cult?

Yes. Too bad it wasn't really a cult, just a bunch of nice people but his parents paid a de-programmer to turn him back into a toolbag.

But I didn't realize there were charities to help these people out!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:54 PM Quote
Facebook wants me to open a handyman franchise. ????

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 9:31 PM Quote
Facebook wants me to be friends with a dead person. It also thinks I need pink work trousers.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 9:49 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Facebook wants me to be friends with a dead person. It also thinks I need pink work trousers.

does this dead person have a fb account?

Oh come on Mili, everyone needs pink work toursers!

mili
mili Posted Thu 22 Apr, 2010 8:30 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:

does this dead person have a fb account?

The dead person was about 50 years old when she died a few months ago. She was active in a forum I visit a lot + a friend of some of my fb-friends. Her account is still there, it sort of creeps me out. Especially when she's suggested to me for a friend.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 22 Apr, 2010 4:52 PM Quote
Facebook thinks I should write on my husband's wall.
I also got a friend request from a woman named Brian. I don't know any men named Brian, let alone a woman.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 22 Apr, 2010 6:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Facebook thinks I should write on my husband's wall.
I also got a friend request from a woman named Brian. I don't know any men named Brian, let alone a woman.

hahaha !

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 22 Apr, 2010 6:43 PM Quote
Facebook wants me to join Weight Watchers today. :(

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:14 PM