Travis

Green Day <3 Travis
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 9:23 PM Quote
I think they are influenced enough by our band to use some of their stuff. Like the intro of Blvd of Broken Dreams is straight off WTRY (as the Party Ben mashup shows) and on Holiday, the "hey"s sound like they are from Tied to the 90s. I'm wondering if anyone else hears it too, but I'd like to think this is the case. :)

Re: Green Day <3 Travis
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 10:07 PM Quote
I really like Green Day. I don't know how much influence Travis have had on them (probably none) but they have covered Why Does It Always Rain On Me? ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntyfena20EU Not sure why it sounds poor quality, don't know what it is.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 10:55 PM Quote
I dont think they stole anything from Travis i mean WTRY is stole from Wonderwall and "Heys" have been in like a million Rock n Roll songs. But the bands did get on really well when they co-headlined Reading Leads and Gig on the green a few years back ........theres a clip on the More Than Us DVD of Green Day leaving Travis a message so who knows

diego_rock
diego_rock Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 11:35 PM Quote
I think green day is a big shit, i dont like they´re music

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 11:41 PM Quote
Uhmm l don't know. Maybe. But l don't like Green Day.

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 2:09 AM Quote
Well, Billy appears in the "More than Us" dvd signing Travis' wall or something like that.

http://www.divshare.com/img/display/7482885-e8b

This has nothing to do with Greenday :P But I'll never forget when a journalist asked Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong what they listened to when they had a romantic weekend and she said: Travis : )

She is a clever girl!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 2:58 AM Quote
leticia wrote:

But I'll never forget when a journalist asked Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong what they listened to when they had a romantic weekend and she said: Travis : )

She is a clever girl!

l didn't know this :O

But, yes she is!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 9:15 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I really like Green Day. I don't know how much influence Travis have had on them (probably none) but they have covered Why Does It Always Rain On Me? ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntyfena20EU Not sure why it sounds poor quality, don't know what it is.

Thanx Ben for the awesome link.I never knew Green Day ever covered this:)Never mind the poor quality,I think its a great cover of WDIAROM.It's always great to hear cover versions of Travis tracks esp a track as famous as this!I do like Green Day and probably both bands do have a little bit of influence on each other..not sure to what extent though I'm guessing they both started out at around the same time so somehow they must have had moments of looking up to each others music.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 1:26 PM Quote
Green Day is like 5 or 6th generation power pop punk , the Muffs , Buzzcocks and the Dickies are more their influnce to me but never saw they have a connection to TRAVIS before , thats kinda rad . They're not bad just never bought any of their records .I like it when I hear em on the radio though

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 4:36 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
I'm guessing they both started out at around the same time

Actually, Travis released their first album in 1997. Green Day released their 5th album in 1997. Green Day started out quite a while before Travis. :)

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 6:12 PM Quote

Great link...unfortunately the sound is not good but i really like the cover...billie jo style fits on this song perfectly. :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:24 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
frandougeil wrote:

Actually, Travis released their first album in 1997. Green Day released their 5th album in 1997. Green Day started out quite a while before Travis. :)

they use to play the pre green day , sweet children , on my radio station KALX 90.7 fm . Also same station where i first heard Travis

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 7:53 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Thanks Ben, I hadn't heard this before:)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:05 PM Quote
I'm not sure about the influences, all I know is that there's a reason why I like both of them, so there's got to be something they share/have in common, can't tell exactly what though...

I had no idea such a version existed!! Billy's voice sounds great in spite of the poor audio quality and the lyrics could've been taken from a punk song, haha it's a perfect cover :)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
frandougeil wrote:

Wow.What a mighty difference!My guess was way out of context. haha=p Thanx for the info Ben:)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:00 PM