Travis

Re: Caribana Festival: Switzerland, 11th June
leticia
leticia Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 9:49 PM Quote
Ahhh Nora! Lovely! I can see that it was unforgettable... and u got to the first row, and it didn't rain, and you got the chance to talk to them... See?? U've made it! THINK POSITIVE! : )

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 12:36 AM Quote

Haha....ya it was the best night ever..

it's just:...argh I'm in this huge after-show whole...and I do want to get out of it - since I've got my own life to carry on with - but on the other hand...I'm afraid with every minute I don't think about it I'm gonna forget a detail..

I'm so pathetic...this post is - haha....

arrrgh...but thx Leti for all that support haha :) gotta teach Richi positive thinking :p

(never thought that it would be me saying something like that...)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 1:15 AM Quote
Great review Nora. ;)

Still confused by the Japanese song thing. lol Obviously i've not heard that particular middle section of Side Wide Open but i know the sort of thing they do is awesome! I hope a song on the next album rocks like the bit they do in the middle of Side/Eyes Wide Open/Side Wide Open. :) What b-side did you miss? That little bit before Love Will Come Through is quite cool. Looks like something they're going to do from now on, same with Side Wide Open. Nice to know they've continued it from the US tour. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 1:42 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Great review Nora. ;)

Still confused by the Japanese song thing. lol Obviously i've not heard that particular middle section of Side Wide Open but i know the sort of thing they do is awesome! I hope a song on the next album rocks like the bit they do in the middle of Side/Eyes Wide Open/Side Wide Open. :) What b-side did you miss? That little bit before Love Will Come Through is quite cool. Looks like something they're going to do from now on, same with Side Wide Open. Nice to know they've continued it from the US tour. :)

Thx very much, Ben!

Haha I was looking for that intro...I've got the pictures in my head, but I can't find it in my archive...I'll have a look for it again tomorrow...maybe I've got in my YouTube archive...oh yes...Shit...

well anyway: Yes, yes, yes! I so love that intro Claes is doing...actually it's nothing new - he's always done that (just a bit different (the last 2 notes) during the whole song) but I love to hear it first and Fran talking to it...hehe
Who knows where I'd be today without that song...

Well same about this side-wide open thing :) I heard again to the side - intro you spoke about... I think, back than, we spoke about something different, cos what they're doing here is - as far as I can tell something new - (well not on this tour)...I hope they keep that medley it's brilliant. Fits together very well - and releases an tremedous energy....

Hehe I was so *high* after that concert. I can't understand why anybody would even consider heroin or cocks after having heard or seen Travis....:)
But I undestand now that feeling of getting down again...and neeeeeeeding more of it...I'm getting greedy :D

Ps: I did miss ANY b-side. They played none! I asked Dougie during the concert - when I asked him about "The Distance or Enemy" or "ring out the bell" he just laughed, then said, they haven't taken it on the setlist for the festivals, - but was happily confused about that question - especially bout the first 2 :)

He was great! :)
They all were¨!

So what's up Ben, no sleep tonight? 2-3 am..shit..

Good night, :)

Nora

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
LOL Nora
You're up there on the post-gig fluffy cloud! Careful, though sometimes we come back down to earth with a big bump, haha. And, yes, you're right, the more you see the guys, the more you crave a repeat performance!

Amaturus
Amaturus Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 6:12 PM Quote
Hey everyone,

As Nora has already said, there were so many amazing parts on Thursday night that it's hard to really put it into words. The guards were really strict about pictures and video, so I didn't get to take very many. I included the ones I did get (including some from The Editors) in this Facebook album. I'm right now loading some videos to my YouTube channel, but they keep having problems so I don't know when they'll be up. I caught the intro so the "Japanese song" question should be solved soon, but actually I'm pretty sure it was Do-Re-Mi from The Sound of Music. I doubt Nora's ever seen it, so that might explain why she thought it was Japanese.

Anyway, it was just so awesome to see how much the guys enjoyed playing and the crowd was really into it. It all added up to the best concert I'll probably ever experience. Since I'm back in America now, Travis doesn't play festivals here so I'm only going to be able to see them in stadiums. It just won't compare to the atmosphere of this concert. Thanks Nora for being there to enjoy it with me and thanks Travis for an amazing night.

Amaturus
Amaturus Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 7:17 PM Quote
Confirmed: The intro was Do-Re-Mi.

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 7:42 PM Quote

Hahah stupid me!

It sounded very very much like some japanese song - since this woman really - well - she sings through her nose...

Haha they had this intro earlier...quite odd...:D

In Chinese blues: Thats us he smiles down to :), Brandon :) first song - amazing :)

I wish it was Thursday again..

sorry for the misunderstanding :)

and thx Brandon for all those pics/vids/and that night full of fun and waiting :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 8:39 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Hehe I was so *high* after that concert. I can't understand why anybody would even consider heroin or cocks after having heard or seen Travis....:)
But I undestand now that feeling of getting down again...and neeeeeeeding more of it...I'm getting greedy :D

Nice way to put it! :D
The post-concert depression...you'll get your next fix soon!!

Btw, reading your review made me feel like I was there and now with the pics and vids...you guys have made my day!!

I found a complete version of Sing
Finally, people have taken the weekend off to upload :)

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 9:46 PM Quote

thx :)

yeah...arrrgh I need afix ..haha ..just kiddin'

Flowers

Flowers2

Take the top of! NO not your top::: :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 10:08 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

thx :)

yeah...arrrgh I need afix ..haha ..just kiddin'

Flowers

Flowers2

Take the top of! NO not your top::: :)

Haha. Hey, great quality and now full song. Yeh, n°2 was the first video I watched, happiness interrumpted in the "lalala" :)
Btw, I forgot to ask you... What was that "top talk" about? Am I missing something? Paint the whole picture, please :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 10:44 PM Quote
Haha, awww, that's quite cute Nora. I've never thought The Sound of Music and Japan to have anything in common. Haha. :) It was the 2007 thing that was confusing me slightly too. I don't think they started The Sound Of Music thing until AFTER the UK tour last September/October. They were still using that film speech thing then. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 11:03 PM Quote

Haha I'm so ooooo embarassed :) I thought it was 07 AND I thought it was...well sounded kinda japanese ...ohh stop reading...I'm writing bullshit here..

About that top thing...as far as understood it - cos I was standing on Dougies site - so I couldn't see what was going on in the audience before Fran...I think Frand was shouting to Giles bout the sound something - and a fan pointed at his top - buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

as I said ...I'm not quite sure...Brandon?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:11 AM Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnkB1fWcxyY&feature=related Hehe. :) It's lovely.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:19 AM Quote
LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaeOgi2rGO8&feature=related

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:07 AM