Travis

Re: Caribana Festival: Switzerland, 11th June
Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 08 May, 2009 8:57 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Ursina wrote:
where the heck is this Caribana Festival ?? I know Cheesland is not big but still a location would be useful ! lol

Hi Sina - it's somewhere between Geneva and Lausanne.

Ah right, och well that's too far for me... too many mountains in the way ! lol not too keen on festivals anyway, although this one could be a nice wee one. Are you going ?

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 1:28 PM Quote
I'd LOVE to go to this one - I've been told it's a really nice small festival but I'm having cash-flow problems at the moment and so it's not looking good :-(

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 2:47 PM Quote
cash probs I seriously know all about :) but I've been taking a job for the next few weeks just to pay for it.

I got an offer for you - if it works out for me.

I asked some friends to come with me - if they wont - I'm probably driving down there with my parents car - or maybe my fathers driving (and go see the city there - he likes doing that..) So if I'm going with my parents car (and not with my friends) I may can take you with me. So you wouldn't have to pay for transporting systems? Which is kinda expensive here :D

so as I may quote: "What say you"

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 14 May, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
Hey Nora, thanks for your really sweet offer but I'm having to come to terms with the fact that I'm going to miss them this time, boo. I'll just have to be patient and wait til 2010 and hope they'll tour again next year! Thanks again and I'll look forward to hearing all about it from you.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 14 May, 2009 11:50 PM Quote
Alright,

the offer still stands - as it is in th e middle of the week I'll probably be driving down there myself.

So you still got a month to think about it - other wise: of course I'll tell ya everything about it :)

Good night now :)

cheers
Nora

Amaturus
Amaturus Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:44 PM Quote
Grüezi miteinand!

I just purchased the ticket. I'm actually an American from Oklahoma who's studying aboard at the University of Basel. Oklahoma isn't exactly a major attraction, so the closest Travis ever got in their American tour was Kansas I think. I wasn't able to catch them then, so it's funny that I will be able to see them here (and right before I leave). I'm just planning to take a train in, so hopefully that works out. I'm not sure where I'll be spending the night though, it seems like all the Youth Hostels in the area are booked up! lol. I suppose the fact that I don't speak a lick of French doesn't help me either...

Anyway, I'm definitely excited to finally see Travis live and the other acts that night look good too.

Amaturus
Amaturus Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:46 PM Quote
Double post sorry...

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 9:54 PM Quote

cool :)

do u guys wanna meet there?

Amaturus
Amaturus Posted Sat 30 May, 2009 11:01 PM Quote
Sounds good to me. How should we go about it?

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 31 May, 2009 9:53 AM Quote

Guess we could exchanges cell numbers and consider a time/place to meet. But I've never been down there before ("down under" haha..) but I guess I'll be there a few hours before Travis come up (I'm not really into those other bands)

So if we there we can text each other to find us ;D
cheers

Here's my number :) (yeah I don't think anyone's gonna abuse this so...)
0041 78 861 97 07

Ps: just checked: Travis' coming up: 21.45 so I'm probably there about 7 or so...

Amaturus
Amaturus Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
Who else is getting excited?

I'm actually flying back to America on Saturday, so this will be a great way to end my time in Switzerland!

For those going, my cell is : 0041 076 299 7078.

Also feel free to add me on Facebook (Brandon McVey in Oklahoma State University network) or Skype (brandon.mcvey).

:D

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
Have a great time at the show everyone!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
Yep, have a great time everyone! :) We're going to want to know the setlist! ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 4:16 AM Quote
So hey guys!
It's about 5am and just arrived home. So I won't write a whole review...
Just this: IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! Not only were we (Brandon&Me) in the very 1st row directly in front of Dougie, so we could have a little chat now and then), no we managed (despite those fucking arsewholes of security guards) to catch them bout 1am at the exit! Dougie said something amazing to me...which still leaves me hovering :). But you know....with all this lack of sleep...hehe

The Show was simply said BRILLIANT! They had a wee problem with time management so I guess they skipped bout Good Feeling - but did Turn and Falling - in which Fran got into the crowd.

Dougie took amazingly care of a beautiful frightened girl...and kept comunicating with us - thx a lot!
Andy did this amazing stunt - which left me with mixed feelings: On on hand, it was awesome! How can he play up there doing this! On the other hand: Oh my God, if something happens to him up there...!

But as usual - he did just fine!

Fran jumpt around, talked to everyone and was full of energy! He was great!

Fun part: It was supposed to rain. When I woke up yesterday, there was a huge storm going on - much of rain - so they said: storm all over Switzerland: Instead we had the best wheather ever! warm - not too hot! perfectly for a nice festival at the lake! You could see the moon shining and reflecting in the late - and shootingstars!

Chris Cornell - was better than expected! Although he got really mad bout some shithead of the audience.

The first band sucked (imho) !

Thank you, Travis, for coming here, thanks so much!

It was the very best night ever!

And thanks, Dougie - it was really fun.

No the sun's up - damn!

So good night or good morning everyone!

Cheers from a very very happy, little girl,
who just started to believe again in the best of humanity,

called

Nora

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 5:18 AM Quote
Thanks Nora for giving us at least this preview, it sounds like you had the time of your life!! :D
I've got so many questions! Looking forward to read the full review!
I go to bed now with a smile on my face, for a girl with my imagination, I believe I'll be having some Travis dreams tonight, haha...
I'm glad it all work out accordingly to plan ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:13 AM