Travis

Re: SEATTLE Showbox - setlist
julius_seizure
julius_seizure Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 9:37 PM Quote
joemono wrote:
Had a great time after the show. Waiting around by the bus was fun - we even got some free beers from one of the crew members. Was thrilled to meet 3 of the band members but slightly disappointed that Fran couldn't get his lazy ass off the bus and come down and shake hands with us. :)

I also do not remember 3 Times but I had a bunch of white russians in me so it's possible I just forgot.

I had fun waiting with you guys after the show, but sadly had to take off to catch the 12.45am ferry so I didn't get to meet the boys. It's a shame Fran couldn't do a quick meet and greet after all of your waiting!

Still, the show was excellent (my first) and I had a brief moment of "WHAT?" when I read that 3 Times was on the setlist, but am relieved I didn't just blank out and miss it after all. I was gunning for Blue Flashing Light so was pleased, although I would have loved Tied To The 90s too. :D

joemono
joemono Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 9:50 PM Quote
julius_seizure wrote:
although I would have loved Tied To The 90s too. :D

Yes.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Obviously the band felt it didn't work well enough the night before, I guess. I was hoping to see Quite Free or Follow The Light or Somewhere Else added for this tour...

Actually I rather enjoyed "3 Times". I thought it worked out quite well. =)

I would've loved to see them play "Coming Around".

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 11:38 PM Quote
little_darlin wrote:
Hey there! Thanks for posting the setlist -- it was a great show last night.

Did anyone meet the guys after the show? My friends and I waited for an hour, but then got tired.

Hi! Me and my sister met you guys and stood next to you in the front row. I did stay and meet them but had to wait about 1 hour and 45 minutes, but it was worth it!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 1:24 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
a special thanks to Anne for giving me a ride to the ferry. Can't wait to see them again in Chicago!

You are SO welcome. It's amazing that I could give you a ride when I was asleep in another state but cool that I did.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 2:55 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
a special thanks to Anne for giving me a ride to the ferry. Can't wait to see them again in Chicago!

You are SO welcome. It's amazing that I could give you a ride when I was asleep in another state but cool that I did.

hahaha!

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 4:08 AM Quote
Video is Go!!

Travis - Closer

Fran Healy - 20

Fran & Andy - I Kissed A Girl

jlfpgrillo
jlfpgrillo Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 5:09 AM Quote
It was "Falling Down" the song they played after "Side" when Fran was singing/dancing in the middle of the crowd??? It was a slow tempo song...

lidia_bj
lidia_bj Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 7:08 AM Quote
jlfpgrillo wrote:
It was "Falling Down" the song they played after "Side" when Fran was singing/dancing in the middle of the crowd??? It was a slow tempo song...

yes it was.
and it was so funny!

melanch0lic
melanch0lic Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 8:26 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
OMG! Great show! The setlist was great but they didn't play 3 Times. Anyways, I was able to get front row and it was amazing. I stayed after the show for an hour and 45 minutes and finally got to meet Neil, Andy, and Dougie! Got their autograph and picture taken with them. They were so nice. It was fun hanging out with all of you in the back by the buses and a special thanks to Anne for giving me a ride to the ferry. Can't wait to see them again in Chicago!

No problem Lindsay! Hope you got home safely. I'm jealous that you're going to see them again pretty soon! Did anyone record the dance between Fran and that guy. I'd love to see it.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 8:43 AM Quote
melanch0lic wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
OMG! Great show! The setlist was great but they didn't play 3 Times. Anyways, I was able to get front row and it was amazing. I stayed after the show for an hour and 45 minutes and finally got to meet Neil, Andy, and Dougie! Got their autograph and picture taken with them. They were so nice. It was fun hanging out with all of you in the back by the buses and a special thanks to Anne for giving me a ride to the ferry. Can't wait to see them again in Chicago!

No problem Lindsay! Hope you got home safely. I'm jealous that you're going to see them again pretty soon! Did anyone record the dance between Fran and that guy. I'd love to see it.
Yes I made it home safely, thanks again. I'm glad you're pictures turned out good. I'll let you know how it goes in Chicago. Should be very exciting! I would also like to see video of Fran dancing with that guy because I couldn't really see from where I was standing.

jlfpgrillo
jlfpgrillo Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:54 AM Quote
...so, here you go, this was the actual set list:

TRAVIS
SHOWBOX AT THE MARKET - 04/05/09
(OPENING: THE REPUBLIC TIGERS)

1. CHINESE BLUES
2. J. SMITH
3. SELFISH JEAN
4. WRITING TO REACH YOU
5. RE-OFFENDER
6. SOMETHING ANYTHING
7. LONG WAY DOWN
8. LOVE WILL COME THROUGH
9. CLOSER
10. DRIFTWOOD
11. SIDE
12. FALLING DOWN
13. SING
14. ALL I WANT TO DO IS ROCK
15. MY EYES
16. BEFORE YOU WERE YOUNG
17. TURN
***ENCORE***
18. 20
19. I KISSED A GIRL
20. FLOWERS IN THE WINDOW
21. BLUE FLASHING LIGHT
22. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON ME?

They played "All I want to do is rock" instead of "Song to Self", and "Blue Flashing Light" instead of "3 Times"... 2 "heavier" songs instead of what they was originally planned... honestly, I would have preferred Song to Self... but Blue Flashing Light was perfect before WDIAROM.

I will upload 7 vids in youtube....
*CLOSER
*DRIFTWOOD
*MY EYES
*BEFORE YOU WERE YOUNG
*I KISSED A GIRL
*FLOWERS IN THE WINDOW

...now, getting ready for another great band from Glasgow.... GLASVEGAS! next Monday @ Neumos!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:56 AM