Travis

Mexico - Guatemala
Euan
Euan Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 2:26 AM Quote
Hi folks,

This is a bit random, but I know there's plenty of you guys on here who are from around these parts and I'm looking for a bit of travel info!

I'm looking to travel around central america with a group of friends, and we have return flights to Cancun sorted. What we're now looking for is the cheapest/easiest way to get from Cancun to Guatemala City or Antigua in Guatemala.

Any help and information on how we can do that, or any general help on things to do/places to go in Mexico or surrounding area would be great.

Cheers!

Re: Mexico - Guatemala
killer queen
killer queen Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 3:50 AM Quote
Well, in Mexico i think a really beautiful place is Monte Albán, is in the state of Oaxaca which is kinda close to the south of our country... There you can also drink "Mezcal", well, that depends on how old you are, haha! it tastes really good but it has a lot of alcohol so be careful! you can find a lot of flavors... it's delicious!

I think i can't help you any more but I'm sure some other boardies will... good luck and welcome to Mexico!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 8:36 PM Quote
You should come to Puerto Vallarta :)

Euan
Euan Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 8:55 PM Quote
Where is Puerto Vallerta, and why?!

Thanks for the help guys.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 1:52 AM Quote
Euan wrote:
Where is Puerto Vallerta, and why?!

Thanks for the help guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Vallarta

Lovely city ;)

damon
damon Posted Mon 23 Mar, 2009 9:34 PM Quote
Euan wrote:
Hi folks,

This is a bit random, but I know there's plenty of you guys on here who are from around these parts and I'm looking for a bit of travel info!

I'm looking to travel around central america with a group of friends, and we have return flights to Cancun sorted. What we're now looking for is the cheapest/easiest way to get from Cancun to Guatemala City or Antigua in Guatemala.

Any help and information on how we can do that, or any general help on things to do/places to go in Mexico or surrounding area would be great.

Cheers!

Puerto Vallarta is way to far from Cancun,
You can't miss the follows near Cancun still in Mexico:
1. Isla Mujeres scooba diving
2. Cenote Azul (in the way to Chetumal)
3. Chichen Itza
4. Uxmal
5. Merida

there are plenty of cheap excursions from downtown to Guatemala... the idea of theses excursions are to buy chinese producuts free of tax...
you can find advertaising of them near the malls (for the people who lives in cancun, not the tourist malls)...

Euan
Euan Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:27 AM Quote
Thanks damon, that's really helpful.

How long do the excursions usually take (roughly) to get to Guatemala? And do they take you back to Cancun? We've not got loads of time, looking at 4 weeks maximum I think.

Also, what do you make of the US government advising against travel to Mexico? Over-reaction?

Thanks!

damon
damon Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 3:27 PM Quote
Euan wrote:
Thanks damon, that's really helpful.

How long do the excursions usually take (roughly) to get to Guatemala? And do they take you back to Cancun? We've not got loads of time, looking at 4 weeks maximum I think.

Also, what do you make of the US government advising against travel to Mexico? Over-reaction?

Thanks!

Excrusions take about two days,
As a matter of fact Guatemala it's a little mmore dangerous,
don't know where you come frome of how many are traveling toghether, but, for that case y ou should take a tour with a travel agency (the same, for cancun residentes), here's one i know personally and 1 can recommend...

http://www.felgueres.com.mx/contacto.html

Another thing, US Goverment it's such a liar, remember when they say "In Afganistan there are Nuclear weapons" ???

yes, there has been some executions for dealing zones, but not the case of touristic zones, you don't have to worry about that and enjoy the beauty of MEXICO!

Cheers

Euan
Euan Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 1:24 AM Quote
We're travelling over from Scotland, there's gonna be a group of 5 or 6 of us so we should be safe I'm sure. Hah yeah don't worry, I'm well aware of the track record the US government has.

Thanks for the link, although I feel my non-existent Spanish could prove a problem!

damon
damon Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
Euan wrote:
We're travelling over from Scotland, there's gonna be a group of 5 or 6 of us so we should be safe I'm sure. Hah yeah don't worry, I'm well aware of the track record the US government has.

Thanks for the link, although I feel my non-existent Spanish could prove a problem!

when are you coming?
Send me your email with requested dates, and i'll get the prices for you?

when are you coming to mexico?
also would be nice if you go o mexico city, it's gorgeous,
i'll be in scotland a couple of days in june 28...

jeae38
jeae38 Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 4:01 PM Quote
hey!

http://www.visitmexico.com

I leave this page you, here you can find interesting things to know in mexico, beaches, important cities, etc.

I live in monterrey, mexico and here I know some persons from scotland that here live, and they say that monterrey is similar to glasgow hahaha

But since you will walk for cancún, you have to go to playa del carmen and cozumel, there are the best beaches of Mexico.

Regards

Euan
Euan Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 1:59 AM Quote
Hey guys, thanks for all your help.

Unfortunately the trip's off for me, our cheap flights are now not so cheap and that's taken the whole thing over budget I'm afraid.

If you're looking for any Scottish travel tips though, give me a shout.

Cheers!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:19 AM Quote
Euan wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for all your help.

Unfortunately the trip's off for me, our cheap flights are now not so cheap and that's taken the whole thing over budget I'm afraid.

If you're looking for any Scottish travel tips though, give me a shout.

Cheers!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

l'm so sorry dude =/
That sucks

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 8:11 AM