Travis

Re: Gurten Festival: Switzerland 19 July
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OASIS, TRAVIS, KINGS OF LEON, FRANZ FERDINAND AND RAZORLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely i have to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nell wrote:
Razz: it takes me about 3 1/2 hours by car from Winterthur(Zurich) to München (D)....I guess it's a bit mor to Köln and a a looooooot more to Hamburg..so..
Well, i booked in DB and it takes about 6 hours from Köln, but i have to do 5 stops... and the price is not available yet. But Bern have a lot of stations, i don´t know a station closer the festival.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 7:11 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
Nell wrote:

This'd could become a european boardie meeting? ;)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs026.snc1/2651_1112839616396_1089081646_30381863_1006249_n.jpg

OMG!!! That's quite a line-up!!! Have fun you guys!!

hahaha
yeah! enjoy it a LOT!

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 9:48 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OASIS, TRAVIS, KINGS OF LEON, FRANZ FERDINAND AND RAZORLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely i have to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nell wrote:
Razz: it takes me about 3 1/2 hours by car from Winterthur(Zurich) to München (D)....I guess it's a bit mor to Köln and a a looooooot more to Hamburg..so..
Well, i booked in DB and it takes about 6 hours from Köln, but i have to do 5 stops... and the price is not available yet. But Bern have a lot of stations, i don´t know a station closer the festival.

haha I've never been there myself before :) But I'll find out about the stations in summer...

first I'm gonna buy a ticket...first thing..well...on Sat.

and then....I'm gonna mobilise my friends...already got a bunch to take with me ;)

I don't think I'm gonna stay for all those bands...especially not the Hip Hop ones..

Oasis is on Sun. too? ;) That'd be cool :)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 11:07 AM Quote
Franz Ferdinand are on Thursday
Ayo and the Script are on Friday
Oasis and Razorlight seem to be playing on Saturday
and Kings of Leon and Travis are on Sunday.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 11:50 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:

But you come from Hamburg, true? Since i moved is easier for me. The north is so far to attend festivals in Germany and others

the north of germany has the hurricane festival, the line-up there is usually pretty good ;)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

But you come from Hamburg, true? Since i moved is easier for me. The north is so far to attend festivals in Germany and others

the north of germany has the hurricane festival, the line-up there is usually pretty good ;)

Yes i know, with Oasis like headliner. I was thinking to attend hurricane festival or Rock am Ring, last one is preety close from home. But know Gurten Festival has all my favorite bands... but that festival is an assasin pocket

deebee wrote:
Franz Ferdinand are on Thursday
Ayo and the Script are on Friday
Oasis and Razorlight seem to be playing on Saturday
and Kings of Leon and Travis are on Sunday.

Well, i think we have to be the last days (if somebody likes Oasis or Razorlight)

I didn´t seek the price, does anybody knows?

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2009 5:30 PM Quote
It's 75 € for a day pass and the 4 day pass is not that expensive in comparison - about 130 €

Must add, this is a rough calculation from the swiss franc into Euros.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 2:29 PM Quote

Costs

Nope: One day (any day) is 75.- CHF - so it's about 50€

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 3:03 PM Quote
Bah, of course you're right. I got 75 Francs stuck in my head and put it down as euros, durrrr!

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 4:41 PM Quote
Ska P? :O :O :O The Spanish Band? They're horrible :p

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

Yes, a Spanish band...
SKA P ??? Music SKA??? OMG...

Loubsi
Loubsi Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

Oh God, they are! I had some friends in high school who were big fans of Ska P and their hit "Cannabis": it was terrible!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 8:48 PM Quote
Haha yeah lmao!

When l saw this l was like "wtf? Ska P in this festival?"

:S!

Some of my friends adore them. l think they suck!

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 20 Mar, 2009 9:28 PM Quote

I don't like their music either... but I heard they're gonna split up anyway by the end of this year?...So last chance to listen to Ska-P...

but I don't really care about them..nor do I about Oasis to be honest. I like some of their songs - but those are just exceptions...for my music- taste anyway...

And I totally dislike their behavior. Now, I don't want this perfect "angel-behavior" but what they're doing and how they're justyfing it....
Here's an interview as an example -but it's been translated to German - sorry bout that.
interview
He mainly says, that they've come to realise that they're above all others. They reached the state where The Beatles or Elvis has been - so why not act like it ...as they were Jesus;God and the holy spirit themself...(coming from an atheist..)

I've seen many of these interviews - also why they were thrown out of the "Abbey Road" studios--etc.. - I don't need another man with a God-complex..;)

But..never mind that: Beside "Don't look back in anger" I really can't tell a song I really like...maybe "Wonderwall" back then -when it was brandnew - but now it's fucking boring...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 21 Mar, 2009 1:13 AM Quote
Noel Gallagher is an amazing song writer. Oasis are a great band. ;)

Even songs like this are only b-sides: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ODrXFmL-c

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:07 AM