Travis

Re: all b-sides
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 4:24 PM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
About time Travis release a b-sides CD album boxset? David Gray has 2 best of albums, so why not?

Travis can't. It'll be up to their old record label so will probably never happen.

Also, Walking In The Sun and Coming Around are singles so aren't b-sides. 'Singles' is called Singles because it's a compilation album and as The Distance has been released in no other way. No album, no single etc, i don't see how people keep calling it an album track. It isn't. We never include 'Singles' in our Best Travis Album lists.

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 2:13 PM Quote

yeah about that,

did Travis give up every right on their older songs to the music company? I also heard Fran say, that releasing a B-Side album would be the old company's job - but why?

I don't they should - but it's their songs, isn't it? Can't they do with it, whatever they want to?

So is Travis literally now allowed to republish f.e. "Re-Offender" or anything else from these years?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 2:24 PM Quote
I don't know how it works really but I guess it must be the case with all songs before Ode. They could always buy the rights to some songs I guess. So they might be able to release a b-side album if they do a deal of some sort. Though like I say, I really don't know how it works at all. I think it's a question for Fran. :) Hopefully it doesn't cause any problems.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:24 PM